OH NO! Infinite Load Screen! ARGHH!

Broja-Lew

Was so looking forward to having a shave and yet this picture wall is in my way. I tried using the force but the thing just won't budge. I can't get past the wall to raise a ticket . "Help me <insert name here> you're my only hope!"

Is it just me stuck at loading or we all getting that now? Is it an install fail or have we hit the bandwidth gateway on access BW?

Ideas would be great, while I make a cuppa.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
We are investigating players who are experiencing very long load times, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. So that you know, while slow, players who are hanging at the loading screen have been reporting that they eventually do make it to Character Selection. Thanks for your patience while we work to resolve this.

We are investigating players who are experiencing very long load times, and we're sorry for the inconvenience. So that you know, while slow, players who are hanging at the loading screen have been reporting that they eventually do make it to Character Selection. Thanks for your patience while we work to resolve this.

Hi Amber, Yes I saw that on the other thread cheers. Just so you know. The pointer is changing to a circle for a few seconds when the picture appears then it turns back to the SWTOR pointer and stays that way. Time passes I give up and try again but thanks for the encouragement nonetheless.

And where's confirmation about another problem when people can't even start your bugged client?

I cannot even get to the char selection screen, so it is quite bugged.

same, I hit play and closes and never comes back,

after i hit ''play'' i look at ''windows task manager>processes'' and the swtor.exe'' appears only for a few seconds and then poof!!

This did eventually work, it just wasn't instant, many thanks ronniehenlau!

at least worked for some, not for me, try it 3 times watching to do the same each time

this problem isnt its 1st appearance, just to know

Edited by Kissakias

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

Again, thanks for your patience while we work on this. I want to be sure that folks do not mistake this issue (very long loading times to get to Character Select) with not being able to launch the game at all after clicking "Play". If you're not hanging at the loading screen, it's not the same issue and may require completely different troubleshooting. We are absolutely looking into those reports as well!

For those of you who are experiencing the loading screen issue, we are continuing to investigate and are taking note of the fact that folks are experiencing success when using the workaround provided in the Customer Support forums and linked above. We'll use all of your information and will be sure to post an update when we have more details available.

~Amber

Hi everyone,

Again, thanks for your patience while we work on this. I want to be sure that folks do not mistake this issue (very long loading times to get to Character Select) with not being able to launch the game at all after clicking "Play". If you're not hanging at the loading screen, it's not the same issue and may require completely different troubleshooting. We are absolutely looking into those reports as well!

For those of you who are experiencing the loading screen issue, we are continuing to investigate and are taking note of the fact that folks are experiencing success when using the workaround provided in the Customer Support forums and linked above. We'll use all of your information and will be sure to post an update when we have more details available.

~Amber

long (10mins and more) loading screens so far when:

starting the game

changing the server

logging out/ logging in

So why is there no sticky at the top of the forum at the very least to apologies to the many subscribers for a slipshod patch or even maybe explaining what you are doing to fix the problem?

sticky? should be

say what they do? LOL what Q is that? they do their best to fix the prob, what answer you expect? sssss

The problem is not only in loading screen. The problem is that u wait 10 or more minutes, enter to the game, but after 20 minutes or less the game drops u out, i.e aplication is closes and u must wait again, and again to enter in game. Edited by -Esper-