EWH combat tech bracers takes medic bracer trade in?

Philastra

I noticed the same thing for my Commando. Seems to be a trooper only thing. Great, everyone else will be in full elite war hero as us Commando/Mercenaries grind elite medic gear so we can get our Elite Tech gear. So stupid bioware...

Lol

The stat difference is so small it really isnt that big of a deal.

I went to buy my combat tech bracers and what do ya know they require the medic bracers as the trade in?

This has to be a mistake.

Nah apparently a known bug reported on PTS sometime mid-late November. I think Bioware blocks swtor.com access to their employees and the person responsible for logging bugs filed within the game probably is on sick leave or something.

• Dev Post
Hello folks. We're aware that the some of the purchase requirements for Elite War Hero gear is currently incorrect. We apologize for the inconvenience, will be adding it to the Known Issues, and are working on correcting the bug as quickly as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

Hello folks. We're aware that the some of the purchase requirements for Elite War Hero gear is currently incorrect. We apologize for the inconvenience, will be adding it to the Known Issues, and are working on correcting the bug as quickly as possible. Thanks for your understanding.

not to be a jerk but this is the thread that you respond to out of all of the threads in this forum.

:confused:

You sure because this was reported here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560458 on PTS 11.22.2012. What's the point of having the PTS servers up if you aren't going to take the bugs submitted on PTS seriously?

You sure because this was reported here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560458 on PTS 11.22.2012. What's the point of having the PTS servers up if you aren't going to take the bugs submitted on PTS seriously?

PTS is nothing more than a demo of the new patch. its for hype building. i dont think they have made even one single change based on community feedback in PTS.

the notes that go onto PTS are always almost identical to the notes that go to live

yeah because clearly this is the most game breaking problem with the pvp aspect of this game right now.....

Maybe the bracers isn't- but the same issue is happening for me with the gear with set bonuses- and frankly I don't need the set bonus cooldown reduction of healing scan on my powertech.

yeah because clearly this is the most game breaking problem with the pvp aspect of this game right now.....

If you were a BH, you might think so.

Ex. You have max comms in anticipation of 1.6 and can't purchase your gear. You want to join in for the new warzone, but get to play for however long without gaining rewards as your gear is not currently purchasable and you already have max comms.

Perhaps if this was you it might be game breaking.

Maybe the bracers isn't- but the same issue is happening for me with the gear with set bonuses- and frankly I don't need the set bonus cooldown reduction of healing scan on my powertech.

hey sorry dude I'm not trying to minimize the problems that this gives you, it just seems kinda silly to me that BW would respond to this thread while completely neglecting the others that clearly have a much greater impact on the way the game plays. So yeah its a shot at BW and an act of solidarity with all the others who are frustrated that the devs don't respond to the other threads

Thank you for the response, I cant but the elite WH combat Tech gear says need medic wh gear. and vise versa if you want the medic stuff.

Also, I just now finally received an automated response from customer service for submitting the ingame bug report version of my post on the PTS forums.

On the current version of the PTS, the Elite War Hero items of the Combat Medic's and Combat Tech's sets have their respective War Hero trade-ins reversed, at least according to the text. For example, the Elite War Hero Combat Tech's Boots require the War Hero Combat Medic's Boots according to the text. I am not sure whether this is just an issue of incorrect text or the trade-in is actually requesting the wrong piece, regardless it is a mix-up.

source image: dulfy.net

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/...1/image118.png

I have same problem, and I really wanna start buying elite war hero stuff...my comms are at max so I cant spend them on anything and it kinda sux :( please fix this asap

1) Find the EWH vendor

2) Buy 2 EWH relics

3) ????

4) Profit

Frees up quite a few comms. Probably enough so that you are capped/near cap again when this is fixed.

(You could also stock up on a few belts or bracers, the cheapest path to BiS EWH mods afaik, You would eventually need some of those to min/max)

Two workarounds to the current issue.

(tip of the day: Did you know that EWH belt/bracer armourings aren't bound to slot? You might need a couple of those as well down the road)

not to be a jerk but this is the thread that you respond to out of all of the threads in this forum.

:confused:

it's an actual glitch. they always reply to actual glitch threads. QQ threads (and I'm not using the term QQ derogatorily here) are another story. they rarely get replies (whether the grip is "legit" or not).

it's an actual glitch. they always reply to actual glitch threads. QQ threads (and I'm not using the term QQ derogatorily here) are another story. they rarely get replies (whether the grip is "legit" or not).

A glitch that was caught by the playerbase testing 1.6 on the PTS, a glitch that was reported both ingame and on the PTS forum, a glitch that should never have made it live.

Apparently you aren't allowed to point out that Bioware is trying to hide this embarrassing fact by them selectively erasing threads from PTS. In before this post is deleted too. So much for improved communication. Sweep the uncomfortable truth under the rug and hope everyone forgets. Btw they took my advice and eventually wiped the PTS forum.

Btw they took my advice and eventually wiped the PTS forum.

I wouldn't say your advice -- they always wipe the PTS forum after each patch launches. There's nothing new there.

I think the saddest part of it all is how few views and replies the PTS post and even the posts here on this forum have received. I guess there are collectively less than 1,000 people (in a game that had one million+ players) that care enough to report a problem for Commando/Mercenary these days.

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

I wouldn't say your advice -- they always wipe the PTS forum after each patch launches. There's nothing new there.

I think the saddest part of it all is how few views and replies the PTS post and even the posts here on this forum have received. I guess there are collectively less than 1,000 people (in a game that had one million+ players) that care enough to report a problem for Commando/Mercenary these days.

Yeah they do wipe. But within an hour I pointed out the fact this was reported on PTS quite long by also providing a link to the PTS thread the PTS thread was deleted. Coincidence that just that thread and shortly after a few more uncomfortable threads were deleted within another hour or so? It took some 12 more hours until they wiped the PTS completely.