What's your biggest SW:TOR fail?

DahrenJex

I would consider mine a mini-fail but its my most recent and the only one I can remember clearly.

I use Andronikos on my Sith Sorcerer (totally has nothing to do with the fact that he's the female romance but anyway :p )

Before I went to Taris I geared him up to get ready so that way we wouldn't have trouble with large mobs. So afterwards when I had just finished up Taris and I was wondering why I was struggling - like Andro kept dying over and over again on mobs that we had been fine with before. I figure maybe his gear is lacking again so I have some extra Taris commendations - which sells weapons, belts and pants. I look over at the pistols and I facepalm.

He had been using AIM pistols this entire time. I felt like a such a nitwit :o

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Esselles, shield area (ramp up to center area with console, ramp down on far side, long fall all around)

I was "tank". Finished the one boss there, ran up to click on console, waiting for others to do same. Saw their health had started dropping, and realized they had all skipped the console to run on towards the bonus boss.

So, ran around console and made a beeline towards them... only to run off the edge as I hadn't gone quite all the way around, and missed the ramp down.

Biggest win:

In situation above, having presence of mind to target the closest mob and mash force leap... which was successful. Totally an "I meant to do that" moment.

These are always amusing so here we go! OK, the first two are mine but the last one isn't. It's still funny, though.

1.) Not realizing what those little triangles over NPC's heads were until after getting so far into my class storyline that the quest level was twice my own. ("Why is this game so hard?!?! Oh...wait...")

2.) Doing that Jedi Consular class story quest on Quesh where you need to free hostages guarded by multiple elites/strong characters and not noticing there were items RIGHT BEHIND THE HOSTAGES that help heal you during combat. The gear repair bill after that quest was...well, huge. I so glad companion deaths don't decrease their affection. Qyzen would have thumped me himself otherwise.

3.) My healing ability was severely tested during early release on Tatooine for the Heroic +4 quest where you need to rescue hostages. The quest is around level 24, I was level 26 (the lowest level of the group) and the tank was level 30. I can't remember what the DPS levels were. We'd get in, the tank would pull, I'd let him take and deal some damage to make sure he had aggro, then throw every heal I had at him...except that I would aggro the entire mob of about nine elites immediately after that first heal. I'd die, we'd wipe, and then try a different tactic. Every time, same result. At least a dozen wipes. No matter how much damage the tank did, I'd pull the entire mob off of him after one heal and the group could not pull them off of me. So we go back to Anchorhead and ask for advice in general chat. Here's how the conversation went:

[Tank; General Chat]: Any tips?

[Random player #1, General Chat]: How's your healer?

[Random player #2, General Chat]: What CC are you doing?

[DPS1, GROUP chat]: What's CC?

[DPS2, GROUP chat]: I dunno...lemme ask

/facepalm

During beta testing I bugged the quest rewards. I got a case of credits. Opened the case and didn't get an item. I was like hey "where's my gear!'

Level 2 quest reward bugged.

Shortly afterwards I felt like a complete dope.

The best is your beta tickets still show up. So I get to be reminded of how dumb I am.

My favorite bug. "Mini-Satel" So I do the jedi council thing. The story comes up and Satel is 1 inch tall in the chair talking to my character. Then the chair looks empty.

I thought that was funny. Jedi Master Satel is 5 inches tall. Her lightsaber is a toothpick.

Bored, running around in circles and jumping on Imp Fleet, I get close to the guard rail and think "Hey, can I jump over that?" and proceed to fall to my death LOL

Not a "fail", but more of an "I may be too old for this *beep*":

In a warzone, a fellow guildy I'm grouped with says in vent "Hey, that op named herself Kelly Kapowski" and we both have a good laugh at it saying we loved that show as kids/teens. The other guildy with us in vent says "Is it bad that I don't know who that is?'. Veeeery long pause, and I ask "Depends, how old are you?", he says he's 21:eek:

Bored, running around in circles and jumping on Imp Fleet, I get close to the guard rail and think "Hey, can I jump over that?" and proceed to fall to my death LOL

Heh, that reminds me of a world safety "fail".

Republic fleet, by GTN. While running along on speeder, going through crafting/mission stuff sending companions out, figure I'm safe because railing will stop you from falling over...

Well, apparently there's a light post or something at the corner of the railing, (don't remember exactly what it is at the moment) where if you hit it at just the right angle, it'll boost you up into the air just enough that you can then sail right over the railing...

Ive had 2 in the last 24 hours. The first was on Taris with my Sniper, hey whats this dead Jedi? /click /crushed by world boss. As soon as I clicked it I though oh gdi >.< that summons the world boss.

The second was earlier today when I let someone cap a turret behind me.../hangshead

Great thread by the way.

Ive been playing since December, my first toon was a sent, and after spamming general chat on coruscant for a while, i finally figured out how to get my AC, and a few minutes later i found out where the hell my second lightsaber was through the same process. Since then i leveled 6 other toons to 50 (theyre in my sig), i have a full character roster, and i have had many toons that ive gotten anywhere from 10-30 and deleted. and every time i make a character, i still forget that damn bag exists when i choose an AC, it usually takes me a level or two before i think "oh, wheres my offhand, or my brand new weapon?" :D

edit: i was just now playing on my brand new little 29 VG, stepped to the edge of an elevator, turned the camera in close to look at how my gear matched.... and accidently hit "W"......... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *thud* dead

Edited by Meepbot

In Alderaan WZ, defending a turret in a very close match with not much more than a minute to go. See three Imps running towards me so call out "INC" in Ops chat. Nobody comes. Call out again while getting absolutely facestomped. Still nobody comes. "Worst team evah!" I think. They cap the turret, we lose the match by points in the last seconds of the game.

Ops Leader says "Why the f*** didn't you call that incoming?" About to type a heated response when I notice a guildmate saying "Are you in a WZ?"

I'd been typing in Guild chat, not Ops chat. My fail cost us the match.

/facepalm

I guess my biggest fail was : I was on Tatooine one day and was just traveling around when I ran across "to my amazement" ~~~The Sarlacc Pit~~~ so what did I do .... I jumped in .... :confused: I think that character is still being digested:confused: Edited by Legolose

Lol! I did the same thing but mine was pure stupidity. I'm jumping around the fleet with a guildy waiting for a group to pop. We get in a little jumping contest of sorts. We know of the abyss beyond the railing, but... we decide to see who has the "skill" to jump on to that rail. He goes first and plumets to his death. I laugh only to do the very same thing. FAIL... lol!

Hadn't played a mmo in a very long time...went to level 22 on my first toon without ever training for new skills or picking an advanced class lmao. Finally grouped up with someone brave enough to call me out on it, then tell me how to use the map to filter for the training vendors.

I went from --- this game is pretty tough, to wow this is really easy. Funny to see threads about people playing this game in "Hardcore" mode by not picking an AC....I guess I was just ahead of my time.:D

walking in to that world pvp place on hoth (or wherever) cos a guildie asked for some heals to get some loot or something.

I went in with the logic of "mwhahahaha stupid opponent wont know that im stealthed and i will pop on heals the moment my friend starts to look in trouble. He cant attack me anyway, until i begin healing my pal wmahahahahahahhhha .... hmm whats that thing in general chat about flagging for pvp, meh" ...

and yup, out pops the opponents pals and start hitting me around the place.

I placed a ticket about not being pvp enabled until i began healing my friend, the letter back pointed out the "you are now being flagged for pvp combat" messages and the whole "world pvp area" thing.

i slunk back to pve with my head between my legs in utter embarassment

During a Flashpoint on my Sorc, I attempted to use overload to knock a patrolling Elite droid over the edge. This worked perfectly fine...

Unfortunately, both the tank and the other dps performed Force Leap at the droid at the same time. The droid was already over the edge when they arrived, sending all three to a gooey high-altitude death. :t_eek:

They said they were both laughing their butts off over it, though, so all was good. :t_biggrin:

Edited by Chrysantemum

During a Flashpoint on my Sorc, I attempted to use overload to knock a patrolling Elite droid over the edge. This worked perfectly fine...

Unfortunately, both the tank and the other dps performed Force Leap at the droid at the same time. The droid was already over the edge when they arrived, sending all three to a gooey high-altitude death. :t_eek:

They said they were both laughing their butts off over it, though, so all was good. :t_biggrin:

Best one ever!

I do this all the time, but laughed particularly when I did it yesterday.

"Ugh! I missed the elevator going down! Oh well, I'll jump after it and just heal the bit of damage!"

But the elevator keeps going down as I fall towards it. I hit the bottom with more force than intended, and I die.

Yesterday, while on Tatooine, I was hoping to finish up a quest real quick in Anchorhead (in the Czerka building underground in the top-right corner) before logging out. I wanted to finish and log out as quickly as possible, so was really frustrated when I died on the elevator. And for whatever reason it didn't let me respawn there, I had to go back to the taxi station (bottom-left corner) and do it all over again. A five-minute finish-and-then-log-out took almost 20 minutes lol.

Going to the wrong endzone with the Huttball.

Yep, I've done that too, fought my way valiantly to the goal line, crossed it and wondered why I hadn't scored :p

Then got stun locked and killed by a passing Operative who immediately scored :eek:

The real sad thing is I still see others making this rather huge mistake :rolleyes:

Whilst not a "fail" on my part, probably the best "fail" moment I ever saw was in a Civil War match. 1 Enemy was guarding the snow turret by standing on top of it looking out over the battle field. Well my Shadow stealths up behind the turret and caps it with him standing on top, guess he didn't see the huge light pillar emanating from his butt :D he only spotted that something had happened when the turret he was guarding started firing on his ship ;)

I do this all the time, but laughed particularly when I did it yesterday.

"Ugh! I missed the elevator going down! Oh well, I'll jump after it and just heal the bit of damage!"

But the elevator keeps going down as I fall towards it. I hit the bottom with more force than intended, and I die.

Yesterday, while on Tatooine, I was hoping to finish up a quest real quick in Anchorhead (in the Czerka building underground in the top-right corner) before logging out. I wanted to finish and log out as quickly as possible, so was really frustrated when I died on the elevator. And for whatever reason it didn't let me respawn there, I had to go back to the taxi station (bottom-left corner) and do it all over again. A five-minute finish-and-then-log-out took almost 20 minutes lol.

Just read your story and couldn't help but remember a time running Cadminaue with 3 other guild members, we arrived at a long steep slope and our guild leader jumped down it, we all followed (like lemmings) and ended up in a crumpled pile at the bottom of the lift shaft, we took the mickey out of him for months after that :D

I usually score in 1st in WZ's before i reached 50, and one day my score was so high a memeber of a well known guild asked me to join them; i replied no but i felt like a boss. :D

The next warzone i was with the same person but for the first time i scored last.. under a large group of lvl 10-15's.

Most embarresing moment in SW:TOR ever.

EV HM last boss SOA.

While waiting for people to trade there stims and such I thought it was funny to place a party bomb and dance naked.

Wasn't paying attention and I noticed too late the group charged in.

Had to finish the entire fight in my undies :)

When I do my trade skilling, I put all my toons on their ships to speed up load times when I am logging between them. When I get on my sith warrior to queue up his slicing, someone lets loose this massive ERP mistell into general chat describing an alternative use for force choke. Lets just say I felt pretty bad for the fellow recieving the force "choke".

Also EV fail. We used to call the jump down onto the platform to fight soa the "competency check" because we consistently had at least one person lazily walk off the edge and plummet to their deaths.

Edited by BlueRahja

Thinking noble sacrifice was a heal ability,and raging about how hard the mobs hit you afterwards.

LOL! I used this a lot in PvP and my brother, also a healer, could not understand how I was taking damage so quickly. I should have told him his healing was terrible... :p