Compendium of Changes in 5.5 that need Changing etc.

OscarDivine

Greetings all!

As the patch has descended upon us finally, the insanity of the new changes is being enjoyed by all, especially the strike fighter pilots!

Here is a list of changes that are either Bugged or Require Edit of Tooltip or were otherwise not written in Patch Notes:

Weapons:

- Torpedoes - Lock can be broken both while locking on and after missiles has been released. Tooltip states that the Torpedo lock Cannot be broken after it has been launched. This need to be fixed to the intended design.

- Ion Railgun - The Tier 4 Upgrade (LEFT) is not functioning to damage players within the damaging area. It cannot be "bounced" off of turrets or NPC Targets. Tier 4 Upgrade (RIGHT aka "old splash") Still works as it used to.

- Type 1 Strike Fighter (Starguard/Rycer/Cartel Variant) now have no internal cooldown in swapping blasters and can be swapped even while holding down mouse button

Abilities:

- Hydrospanner has a 40 second cooldown

- Sledgehammer/Decimus have Efficient Targeting

Engines:

- Increased passive speed on Strikes and Scouts

OTHER:

- Fleet Comm Vendor now sells Requisition Grants. Major (4000) and Minor Ship (1200), as well as 3 Different Fleet in sizes 400, 800, 6250.

- Cartel Coin use for Converting Ship to Fleet Requisition was increase by 10x. It was previously 1 coin for 25 Ship Requisition conversion to Fleet Requisition, it is now 10 coins per 25. EDIT - THIS IS NOW FIXED LIVE 10/12/2017 BACK TO 1:25

- It appears that the Component Deselect Bug still exists.

Edited by OscarDivine
accuracy

- Cartel Coin use for Converting Ship to Fleet Requisition was increase by 10x. It was previously 1 coin for 25 Ship Requisition conversion to Fleet Requisition, it is now 10 coins per 25.

Was this intended? Almost no one will make use of the feature at this price. This seems totally backwards compared to the other direction that these things have been moving. Maxxing a ship was 3000 coins worth of fleet before, something few people would do, with this change it becomes 30000 coins- around 207 bucks. Given how trivial it is to get ship and fleet req compared to before, this is a puzzling change to me.

Edited by Verain

Was this intended? Almost no one will make use of the feature at this price. This seems totally backwards compared to the other direction that these things have been moving. Maxxing a ship was 3000 coins worth of fleet before, something few people would do, with this change it becomes 30000 coins- around 207 bucks. Given how trivial it is to get ship and fleet req compared to before, this is a puzzling change to me.

1000% agree. They are clearly interested in improving QoL with the legacy requisition consumables, and this ten fold increase makes ZERO sense. The only good thing is that cartel market related bugs usually get fixed quickly, and I hope this is a bug.

1000% agree. They are clearly interested in improving QoL with the legacy requisition consumables, and this ten fold increase makes ZERO sense. The only good thing is that cartel market related bugs usually get fixed quickly, and I hope this is a bug.

Only thing I can think of is that they're trying to discourage purchase with CC's and encourage you to purchase requisition with Fleet Comms. Which still makes NO sense to me. CC's are REAL currency. I really wonder if this is somehow a bug

I think its because a lot of players myself included were basically stuck with a metric crapton of fleet comms. I'm maxed out on 2 characters with fleet comms because theres nothing but cosmetic stuff to spend it on.

Also I think CS originally pointed out that the delay in switching between blasters on the Starguard/Rycer has been removed. Excellent news for ion cannon builds.

Edited by RickDagles

Also I think CS originally pointed out that the delay in switching between blasters on the Starguard/Rycer has been removed. Excellent news for ion cannon builds.

awesome thanks, this material has been added in

Weapons:

- Torpedoes - Lock can be broken both while locking on and after missiles has been released. Tooltip states that the Torpedo lock Cannot be broken after it has been launched. This need to be fixed to the intended design.

This would be bad as it's clear the new meta is already forming around them. Either the firing arc or lock-on time needs a slight adjustment otherwise instead of gunship nests were just gonna get torpedo spam.

This would be bad as it's clear the new meta is already forming around them. Either the firing arc or lock-on time needs a slight adjustment otherwise instead of gunship nests were just gonna get torpedo spam.

The issue is the tooltip, not the unbreakability. The patch notes stated the intended changes, the tooltips simply doesn't reflect on that.

Why would it be sad that a correctly working talent that wasn't changed works correctly?

Because we were always mislead:

Tooltip bug fixed on AoE effect fixing range to its correct 5000m (previously showed 3000m for the effect)

Seriously though, I hate the ion railgun as much as anything and it was definately a reason to leave gsf (and swtor) for me for some time. Now that things got updated and fortunately that stupid ion railgun has been nerfed:

Tier 5: Railgun reduced energy regeneration to 65% (down from 100%)

Good riddance! I hope they'll nerf it a lot more.

Because we were always mislead:

I mean, you pretty much knew the range visually. Even if no one ever bothered to test it.

Good riddance! I hope they'll nerf it a lot more.

It's not going anywhere as a gun. The T5 right was too strong, too good at peeling enemies who hadn't truly overextended. Now it will still be good at peeling, but probably not too good. Meanwhile, the T5 left, which was not good enough at its job (though still usable) is buffed to be a proper competitor.

The big nerf to ion railgun is that the cooldown on the gun has been increased from 1 second to 2 seconds. This thoroughly disrupts using ion taps to drain line-of-sighted targets, and gives a lot more time to respond to an ion railgun shot before the second one lands. Ion railgun definitely got nerfed, and so far it still seems usable and able to do its job.

Thats a good thing, off course I was trolling a bit in my last post. Just hopefully we'll see less gunship walls and a more varied field in the coming months.

I love watching this meta evolve. The new changes are giving a lot of newer pilots tons of confidence and it’s all I could ask for