Maintenance: February 10th, 2014

ServerDroid

"Performed systems maintenance to assure service reliability"

Would like some elaboration on exactly what this means....

Generally, I can be about 99.999% sure that they are talking about the lag issues this past week. I say this as someone who never experiences lag even when half the server seems to be having issues, yet even I was getting lag this week.

The dev team should focus more on bug fixing. I am tied of seeing how the list of known ingame issue is getting bigger and bigger after each patch instead of getting smaller. :mad:

Should the history teacher at a high school focus more on making sure that all the students are learning math? Each "department" has their job, whether it's a school or a video game company... so there really is no "focus better" because they don't prioritize the cartel market over bugs (like so many people seem to think they do) any more than a school would focus on math over history. The cartel market team does their job. The history teacher does their job. The bug team does their job. The math teacher does their job.

Should the history teacher at a high school focus more on making sure that all the students are learning math? Each "department" has their job, whether it's a school or a video game company... so there really is no "focus better" because they don't prioritize the cartel market over bugs (like so many people seem to think they do) any more than a school would focus on math over history. The cartel market team does their job. The history teacher does their job. The bug team does their job. The math teacher does their job.

That can't be right! Because if it is correct then all these wild statements repeated over over would be wrong, and we all know that all wild statements made on forums are correct, specially those that are shouted ( in caps lock along with the angry smiley)!

Edited by znihilist

That can't be right! Because if it is correct then all these wild statements repeated over over would be wrong, and we all know that all wild statements made on forums are correct, specially those that are shouted ( in caps lock along with the angry smiley)!

NO!! YOU ARE WRONG!!! OMG WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID!?!??!!? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

(Heh... joking of course)

One thing that always bugs me about the maintenance is why they HAVE to do US and EU servers at the same time.

I know that the reason US servers go down at this time is because it is very early morning there and few people if any will be online. But surely it would not be hard for the EU server staff to take down the EU servers at a different time so that EU players who happen to be able to play during the day don't have to sit around doing nothing for several hours.

If the only reason is to make it easier for Bioware staff then I'm sorry, Bioware suck it up and deal with it, put your players first not your IT support, after all IT support gets paid where as we pay you. If there is a better more technical reason why the servers can't be shut down at different times then please tell us, if it makes sense we'll understand.

ofc none of this helps the player from Austraila, who have basically been screwed over since they were forced to use US servers.

Then it just means their priority's are still in the wrong area, they need to move most/ of the CM personnel to the bug fix department before they all have to quit and go work on eso/ws. SO MANY BUGS and balance issues that is killing the population... I had to beg a bunch of my guildys to quit playing eso and ws betas to come help me fill a 8 man raid... seriously OPS ARE OP, leaps are falling short, PVP is unfair, Swtor bug forum looks like a beta bug forum with so many unresolved issues.

Yet, we have bugs from over a year ago still going strong...

Bug team does not do their job...GG