SORC/SAGE Madness/Balance need a small buff in 5.5

BraverDre

The dps is not at target dps and less effective than other sustained rDPS classes. Bioware u showed us a dps table "how balance is going to work* and madness should deal around the same damage as sustained rDPS and burst mDPS.

Madness needs a 3% more buff.

Devs this is really true please listen. While balance/madness has nice built-in aoe splash damage in their rotation which can inflate its numbers somewhat in certain situation its single target dps is significantly lacking to enjoy doing the hardest ops (master mode/nim) without the feeling you are the being carried -which you are - don't fool yourself. This is not right, the class should be able to pull its weight in good hands.

Most players of this spec agree it is in a good place dps-wise for pvp but not PvE for tight dps checks on certain raid encounters. We just suggest some form of single-target dps boost and not aoe/dots boost which could quickly make it overtuned for PvP again.

Anyways from lots of experience I can say in attacking a single target non-stop it deals less dps than even Virulance/Dirty Fighting at the moment - a spec designated as "quisi-burst/sustained -2.5%" and no Virulence does not need a nerf it is in a good place right now, Madness/Balance is not.

More detailed,Madness/Balance dps is allright/ or at least adequate once a target is under 30% health and the boost to dps in the execute phase kicks in, but before that it really needs some form of improvement to be made viable as in "be able to pull its weight" in a dps race. Before the execute phase the spec is clocking low 9K range which is very bad considering Virulence is clocking high 9Ks and almost 10K in that time. In execute phase they are about even.

Devs this is really true please listen. While balance/madness has nice built-in aoe splash damage in their rotation which can inflate its numbers somewhat in certain situation its single target dps is significantly lacking to enjoy doing the hardest ops (master mode/nim) without the feeling you are the being carried -which you are - don't fool yourself. This is not right, the class should be able to pull its weight in good hands.

Most players of this spec agree it is in a good place dps-wise for pvp but not PvE for tight dps checks on certain raid encounters. We just suggest some form of single-target dps boost and not aoe/dots boost which could quickly make it overtuned for PvP again.

Anyways from lots of experience I can say in attacking a single target non-stop it deals less dps than even Virulance/Dirty Fighting at the moment - a spec designated as "quisi-burst/sustained -2.5%" and no Virulence does not need a nerf it is in a good place right now, Madness/Balance is not.

More detailed,Madness/Balance dps is allright/ or at least adequate once a target is under 30% health and the boost to dps in the execute phase kicks in, but before that it really needs some form of improvement to be made viable as in "be able to pull its weight" in a dps race. Before the execute phase the spec is clocking low 9K range which is very bad considering Virulence is clocking high 9Ks and almost 10K in that time. In execute phase they are about even.

thanx for ur support mate

While I know that not every one posts numbers and I am not gods gift to dps, I find it disturbing I can be in the top 30 parsing in at 8.4k on my madness sorc, as compared to my mara which is only 77th at 9.6k. SO YEAH, your line of single target thinking shows not a single developer has played this class.

Both are rated at 247 gear wise.

While I know that not every one posts numbers and I am not gods gift to dps, I find it disturbing I can be in the top 30 parsing in at 8.4k on my madness sorc, as compared to my mara which is only 77th at 9.6k. SO YEAH, your line of single target thinking shows not a single developer has played this class.

Both are rated at 247 gear wise.

at 247 you should be pulling 9K at least if not more, still bad considering it is like 10% lower then a average anni mara in that gear and not 5% lower.

and before people say "oh you have aoe in your madness rotation" I'd say a anni mara also has aoe dot spread with like 1 extra ability mixed into the rotation which does not really lower dps that much on single-target.

but yeah most raiders do play maras ot snipers I guess because those classes are are the top of their respectice dps food-chain.