Datacron Decorations: Locations

British_Wookiee

The other day, I ran my marauder through Hoth, doing the planetary and Class missions. When I was finished, I had 4 datacrons drop. I didn't do ANY heroics missions. You may have better chances in heriocs, since mobs there have a higher chance to drop loot, but ordinary mobs are dropping them too.

As for tracking them, if you look under housing decorations, and set it to available decorations, then look for either Light datacrons, or Darkark datacrons in the list, it will show what you have found already.

Light Strength Datacron -

On Balmorra, Imperial side, the quest [HEROIC 2+] The Republic's Last Gasp generally drops at least one (sometimes all three champion bosses drop one).

Dark Strength Datacron -

The Geonosian boss Nekra the Warlord on Tattooine drops one every time I kill him.

So, you are looking for the datacron decorations ?

Here is some information what our 2 guilds have found...

Datacron decorations can drop from:

1. Random mobs on planets.

2. Champions as well as "named" aggressive (red) & non-aggressive (yellow) champions.

3. Bosses (Gold & Champion) in Heroics.

4. Heroic Quest Rewards: Loot Boxes.

As we found out, Corellia and Quesh had a high farm rate so we tried something we heard about. If you have planetary commendations to go through, you can go to the equipment commendation vendor and buy it. It is not a guaranteed item drop. You can go through all your commendations without success. If you do this though, you are looking for a ORNATE BOX that costs 10 PLANETARY COMMENDATIONS. Good Luck.

Edited by JediCounsular

• 2 years later...
Not sure how accurate this info still is, but THANK YOU so much. I've been trying to get a Dark Aim datacron to complete the setup i have in my stronghold.(primary colors in one and secondary colors in the other) and this is the one i have not been able to get. Asked several times on fleet and Nar Shaddaa, plus any time there are more than a couple people on Ilum, but no responses.

• 3 weeks later...
The Dark Endurance Datacron from Makeb is pretty much nonexistent on Harbinger. None on GTN, none from heroics, haven't seen any drop from champions either. Maybe security chests have them but I haven't had any luck. It's the only one I need for my flagship :(

The Dark Endurance Datacron from Makeb is pretty much nonexistent on Harbinger. None on GTN, none from heroics, haven't seen any drop from champions either. Maybe security chests have them but I haven't had any luck. It's the only one I need for my flagship :(

Same on The Progenitor