Yet again, Heroic Space Missions!

Okay so, basically this isn't just QQ but a suggestion (well little bit of QQ). After looking at the reputation vendor I decided yeah i want to start farming space mission rep. So i bought all the grade 7 armour from the CM and started having ago at the space missions. After about 3 hours I still hadn't completed one, I can honestly say I would rather go 10 rounds with Kephess NIM than attempt another space mission. The game it self I would consider myself to be an above average player. The most part is I don't really like to do space missions, they bore me but I want to be able to grind the reputation. So here's a suggestion why not create a 'normal mode' version of these HC's that give half the rep. This way the people like to do space mission and have put a lot of time an effort to be good at them are rewarded. This way the casual 'space mission' player can still grind reputation it just takes longer.

honestly I don't understand how people can have trouble with the heroic space missions. They are really easy if you use your resources correctly and remember to move. Move in a circle at all times the mobs all shoot at where you were not where you are. Remember to pop your shield boost you can still shoot down most fighters with it active and you reduce your incoming dmg. should always flip to that or your evasion when you approach a large cluster of ships or a capital ship that you need to torpedo the comm tower/bridge on. Use that emp where it will cause the most dmg and fast enough so you can get 2 uses per mission. And remember if you can dodge a wrench you can dodge an asteroid! Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, and Dodge!

So here's a suggestion why not create a 'normal mode' version of these HC's that give half the rep. This way the people like to do space mission and have put a lot of time an effort to be good at them are rewarded. This way the casual 'space mission' player can still grind reputation it just takes longer.

Normal-mode for space missions rep is lvl49 minefield mission. It's same mission every day, and gives almost half rep as heroic missions, so after week you end up around halway where you would be doing only heroic missions..

I think the reason many people struggle with space missions is the dual application of key pressing with mouse pointing. People that play many other games in addition to star wars, specifically FPS's, will have no problem with the space mission mechanics because they are used to using keys to run around while aiming their mouse at targets. However, no previous mechanic in SWTOR required such implementation, as the only location specific mouse work people have to do is clicking on targets (if they are not keybound). Thus for people not used to aiming the mouse and controlling movement with keys, the heroic space missions would present a considerable degree of difficulty.

I think the reason many people struggle with space missions is the dual application of key pressing with mouse pointing. People that play many other games in addition to star wars, specifically FPS's, will have no problem with the space mission mechanics because they are used to using keys to run around while aiming their mouse at targets. However, no previous mechanic in SWTOR required such implementation, as the only location specific mouse work people have to do is clicking on targets (if they are not keybound). Thus for people not used to aiming the mouse and controlling movement with keys, the heroic space missions would present a considerable degree of difficulty.

in short - people got used that everything is easy, and first thing that actualy required their attention is considered 'to hard' (remember lost island before it was nerfed?)

With people talking about having to use the mouse and keys simultaneously, it made me realize why i found these dead easy from the start (completed all but two with just Grade 6 parts and still do not use grade 7 shields, armor or blasters). While it is on rails, it is the same mechanics as some of my favorite classic space combat games like Freespace 2 and Freelancer.

You have to empty your mind of the strategies used in the pathetic faceroll easy older space missions. Those were fine for people who had never played a good space fighter sim, but unbelievably boring if you had. As a previous poster said, the non heroic top level space missions give you green rep tokens and 20 fleet comms (half the heroic). So there you go.

I use the mouse by itself and the only keys I press are for power conversion between blasters/shields or activate EMP/Anti-Lockon. It can be done this way and mastered as well, but it takes pratice and a certain level of alertness to the patterns of the rail. If they figured out a way to randomize the missions, then the challenge might be increased a bit. It is the same track every time and can be memorized.

I'm not a hardcore player...I'm casual btw.

Edited by Knightsire

I find that more of the difficulty comes from the gearing, than the missions themselves. I can complete all but one of the heroic space missions with just the upgraded power core, and all of the grade 6 gear. Except, agonizingly, the one that shows up in two of the three weeklies. I don't care how good you are, you do not have enough damage to complete Thanium disruption.

This leads me to believe that less capable people could complete the other heroic missions with the top tier gear, but that takes such a freaking long time to grind...