Romancable Arcann in the Future?

CQElaina

I played through the game as an all light side Jedi Consular. So it ended with PeaceKeeper with Arcann and Senya alive and everything. Arcann really grew on me after he showed up to save the day and his complete 180 in character is great...he truly feels like he is all in with the Eternal Alliance. The ending letter got me thinking... he says "I'm not alone...I have my mother, the Eternal Alliance..."

"And I have you."

I don't know why but this total stabbed me right in the chest and makes me really want an Arcann romance in the next expansion... I don't know if they would but... I would really like to see it since we didn't really get anything romance wise this expansion (no new romances at all aside from flirting with the Empress and no old romancable companions made a return) so I'd love the option...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played through the game as an all light side Jedi Consular. So it ended with PeaceKeeper with Arcann and Senya alive and everything. Arcann really grew on me after he showed up to save the day and his complete 180 in character is great...he truly feels like he is all in with the Eternal Alliance. The ending letter got me thinking... he says "I'm not alone...I have my mother, the Eternal Alliance..."

"And I have you."

I don't know why but this total stabbed me right in the chest and makes me really want an Arcann romance in the next expansion... I don't know if they would but... I would really like to see it since we didn't really get anything romance wise this expansion (no new romances at all aside from flirting with the Empress and no old romancable companions made a return) so I'd love the option...

That last line "And I have you" really got me too. I was playing on my female BH who would never, ever give up

Torian, but I would REALLY love to have him as a romance option for another character. That would be awesome!:)

Arcann has always had a crush on us, always trying to stick his saber in us :D

But seriously I read that email and was like whaaaa? It really does seem like something you would say to someone who is more than a friend. I'd pursue a romance with him if given the option and hey it would mean there is finally a male force user as a love interest ^_^

''And I have you''

Whoa, Arcann. Give my Wrath at least a month to mourn his dead wife before you start moving in on him. And for gods sake man, put away your saber when I summon you! Just because you're hot doesn't mean I need you waving it around on the battlefield!

Edited by Codedrago

Hmmmm..... I haven't done the Consular story yet, and from what I've heard the choices aren't very impressive. If it does become an option, maybe I'll roll one who helps him come to terms with his sins and leads him to redemption. I know there is that dialogue option in Chapter 11 that mentions him being another victim in this whole scenario too. ;)

I, too, want Arcann as a romance option. I can imagine his situation being one of those where the line between hate and love blurs... especially as he gets redeemed. The way I saw it... he's always stepping into the Outlander's personal space, too. First to defend besides Senya. Then with his past, and the horrific things he's done... it makes for a potentially great story.

For the first time since romancing Theron on my JK... I actually think there may be a better fit for her... but if they do add Arcann. I'll just make sure my JC stays single. He's a good fit for her, too.

Then there's the entire thing with force bonds as well. So much story potential!

I, too, want Arcann as a romance option. I can imagine his situation being one of those where the line between hate and love blurs... especially as he gets redeemed. The way I saw it... he's always stepping into the Outlander's personal space, too. First to defend besides Senya. Then with his past, and the horrific things he's done... it makes for a potentially great story.

For the first time since romancing Theron on my JK... I actually think there may be a better fit for her... but if they do add Arcann. I'll just make sure my JC stays single. He's a good fit for her, too.

Then there's the entire thing with force bonds as well. So much story potential!

This is definitely something I am interested in seeing!

If I'm never getting my husband back, well, Arcann is kinda cute I guess.. and my warrior has been alone a long time now.. ARG don't tempt me, I've been faithful this whole time! and it's been hard because Theron is hot! Of course there was that time with him in the bushes but we don't talk about that. Oh and that time with Pierce on the ship, but I was mad so it doesn't count.

Say, it just now occurs to me that being the empress of the universe comes with perks, does it not? What's the male version of a harem called anyway?

Edited by grania

If I'm never getting my husband back, well, Arcann is kinda cute I guess.. and my warrior has been alone a long time now.. ARG don't tempt me, I've been faithful this whole time! and it's been hard because Theron is hot! Of course there was that time with him in the bushes but we don't talk about that. Oh and that time with Pierce on the ship, but I was mad so it doesn't count.

Say, it just now occurs to me that being the empress of the universe comes with perks, does it not? What's the male version of a harem called anyway?

Reverse harem according to anime lol

I believe the word you're looking for is "Mantourage". Y'know, all-male entourage? ;)

but I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who picked up on "zomg Arcann has a crush on my JK!" after that message he sent. My inner fanfiction writer is scheming for some sort of hilarious fluffy courting war between Arcann and Theron now for my JK's affections (Doc is, obviously, a thing of the far distant past. Jerk didn't even show up to the coronation!).

"And I have you."

:eek: I am in favor. :)

• 7 months later...

Sorry but i wouldn't romance Arcann precisely because of that " i have you". My character is no one's property, no one "has" her. Honestly, but i prefer more Zenith's choice of words in the last convo between him and my Consular : " i trust you". Meaning what exactly, meaning "we are friends, comrades, a team", not what Arcann means , that translating as " I'm mamma's boy and i also want you as a surrogate for my mamma Senya".

Nope, a big nope to Arcann romance.

I just can't fathom why anyone would want to romance Arcann. Arcann does so much damage to the player and her loved ones, commits genocide, stands by and does nothing while his sister is taken away and tortured...I just don't get it even though he's supposed to be redeemed. I don't understand why anyone would keep Arcann alive, to be honest.

But I don't get why people forgive Quinn and continue that romance either, so I fully understand that some things are outside my preferences/etc. and I don't *have* to get why people choose certain companions over others.

So - I do hope that those who want to romance Arcann get what they want. I just hope they don't leave that as the only romanceable male Force user.

If we don't get a romance with Arcann than I've sacrificed all those goats for nothing!

Oh, you sacrificed only goats? The spell also said " sacrifice one Skadge" and " seven tukatas and eat their hearts" . I'd be happy to provide you with one piece of Houk :D:D:D

with what happened in FE and then ET, it's not very likely any more. bioware has a habit of offering the chance to kill this person on SWTOR and after that, you'd be lucky to see them once or twice again and just as lucky if they spoke another word, some got that chance but a lot of the others through the game never had that chance.

if Bioware is going to do something about Arcann having an expanded on storyline beyond the throne, then a lot of other characters who survived in their canon version need the same treatment, same can be stated for those from the original storylines as well. it's a can of worms i don't ever see being opened, not just for one person.

The issue with making Arcann a companion beyond what's mentioned above - he *is* killable.

However...do we know for an absolute, 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt fact that Thexan is really dead? Anyone else think it's at all possible that Arcann might have had a second of remorse and thrown him in carbonite, too? Perhaps the loophole is that Arcann won't be offered as a LI but his brother will make a comeback...that would IMHO solve the issues regarding Arcann's past actions, as well as the dilemma that he's not alive in everyone's storyline.

Thexan's a male Force user, would be alive in everyone's story lines if he's coming into the story now, and looks just like Arcann, which would seem to check all the boxes everyone wants.

Sorry but i wouldn't romance Arcann precisely because of that " i have you". My character is no one's property, no one "has" her. Honestly, but i prefer more Zenith's choice of words in the last convo between him and my Consular : " i trust you". Meaning what exactly, meaning "we are friends, comrades, a team", not what Arcann means , that translating as " I'm mamma's boy and i also want you as a surrogate for my mamma Senya".

Nope, a big nope to Arcann romance.

The comment I Have you to me is not possessive, just means to me that he has someone he can care about. My boyfriend tells me all the time that he is glad that he has me and I tell him that too. I don't take it to mean property, I just take it to mean that he has someone that he cares about and that is the impression I get from Arcann, even though I am not one for romancing him because of some things he did.