Merc, Mara or Sniper for PVP

BonnerFett

Been playing my toons to decide on a main. I'm looking to improve in PVP as a returning player. Need help deciding on which toon to main. Looking for some feedback on which class would be a good choice.

I like all of them so I'm really torn.

Dec. sin is the only choice for dominating. OtHER CLASSES are useless now. Welcome back

Been playing my toons to decide on a main. I'm looking to improve in PVP as a returning player. Need help deciding on which toon to main. Looking for some feedback on which class would be a good choice.

I like all of them so I'm really torn.

all there class are perfectly fine to play right now

Edited by KumbayaGOD

It all depends on playstyle. If you prefer melee, then obviously mara would be the right choice. There are some downsides of course....since you're melee, you're going to be adversely affected by cleave, you'll be targeted/cc'd more for no other reason than you're closer to the action and you'll be in taunt range more often than not. Ranged, assuming they're not getting tunneled has to worry more about their targets either inadvertently, or purposefully LOSing them.

If you want to play ranged, merc has more mobility and their DCD management is easier to reach a level of competency at. Sniper has the higher ceiling, but you're going to have to work for it, especially defensively.

It all depends on playstyle. If you prefer melee, then obviously mara would be the right choice. There are some downsides of course....since you're melee, you're going to be adversely affected by cleave, you'll be targeted/cc'd more for no other reason than you're closer to the action and you'll be in taunt range more often than not. Ranged, assuming they're not getting tunneled has to worry more about their targets either inadvertently, or purposefully LOSing them.

If you want to play ranged, merc has more mobility and their DCD management is easier to reach a level of competency at. Sniper has the higher ceiling, but you're going to have to work for it, especially defensively.

Correct. I'll only add that people aren't talking about mercs very much because they didn't get any flashy set bonuses or tacticals like some other classes, but it's not like they got nerfed. I'm pretty sure they're still going to be very good in pvp.

I'm leaning Sniper or Merc. I've played many classes in various MMO's, Sniper is just a very unique class. No doubt they can burst. I do like the mobility of Merc and Electronet is a very valuable tool in PVP. It definitely helps land kills.

When it comes to Merc I tend to prefer IO. Arsenal's rotation is a little boring for me.

I'd like to push some rated PVP this season. Difficult decision....

I appreciate all of the feedback.

I'm leaning Sniper or Merc. I've played many classes in various MMO's, Sniper is just a very unique class. No doubt they can burst. I do like the mobility of Merc and Electronet is a very valuable tool in PVP. It definitely helps land kills.

When it comes to Merc I tend to prefer IO. Arsenal's rotation is a little boring for me.

I'd like to push some rated PVP this season. Difficult decision....

I appreciate all of the feedback.

Sniper is a much more difficult class to play at a high level. Mercs can still get away with face tanking because of their defensives.

A well played Sniper is the strongest spec in the game. However a well played Sniper is the rarest player in the game.

Edited by mhobin

Sniper is a much more difficult class to play at a high level. Mercs can still get away with face tanking because of their defensives.

A well played Sniper is the strongest spec in the game. However a well played Sniper is the rarest player in the game.

Very true... I struggle with not being mobile on the sniper.

I'm now looking at Mara or Merc. Any thoughts on IO vs. Arsenal or Mara (probably carnage)?

Very true... I struggle with not being mobile on the sniper.

I'm now looking at Mara or Merc. Any thoughts on IO vs. Arsenal or Mara (probably carnage)?

People always said IO was more complicated and harder to play than arsenal, and I'd agree it's a bit more complex but I hardly found it difficult.

In PVP, I'd rather play arsenal merc because it's simpler, and for the same amount of work you get more out of arsenal. Plus I like not worrying about resources, on IO you easily can run out of power, whereas on arsenal you have to work hard to get low on power.

Yes, I like the easymode arsenal because I can spend more time focusing on enjoying how fast people melt from blazing bolts and not worry about my resources.

As for mara, I see lots of complaints they are weaker now than they were prior to 6.0, I'd go with arsenal merc over mara unless you are good at staying on target for maximum uptime of your damage abilities and enjoy the mara playstyle.

People always said IO was more complicated and harder to play than arsenal, and I'd agree it's a bit more complex but I hardly found it difficult.

In PVP, I'd rather play arsenal merc because it's simpler, and for the same amount of work you get more out of arsenal. Plus I like not worrying about resources, on IO you easily can run out of power, whereas on arsenal you have to work hard to get low on power.

Yes, I like the easymode arsenal because I can spend more time focusing on enjoying how fast people melt from blazing bolts and not worry about my resources.

As for mara, I see lots of complaints they are weaker now than they were prior to 6.0, I'd go with arsenal merc over mara unless you are good at staying on target for maximum uptime of your damage abilities and enjoy the mara playstyle.

I tend to agree with you. IO is more work for the same results as Arsenal.