Cross faction grouping ever ?

Wondering if all the grouping content is faction specific?

My friend and I made characters of both factions and found out you can't even add opposite factions to friends list or send tells.

Even though we have alts his "main" is smuggler and my "main" is bh.

We're wondering if we should only plan on leveling up same faction at one time if grouping content is restricted all the way through.

I hope not! I hated that about WOW it felt dumb I could never recognize anyone! Allies or foe I want to eventually be able to say oh hey theres that jedi knight I hate let me kill him all game. Or say hey there thats healer he always does a good job on our team.... They completely took the fun out of servers on WOW

I kinda like keeping a degree of separation between the factions. Although, I think it would be pretty cool if there were a few quests/flashpoints in the game where players of both factions ended up working together against a mutual enemy.

agreed

i hope there is eventually some "grave threat to the universe" that requires the factions to drop their squabbling and group together. (some kind of mad raid/flashpoint)

features such as add-friend are disabled to the opposite faction because you can invite people in your friendlist.

So, if they were to enable this (and I honestly think they should) they need to make it for communicational use only. So you could see if your friends are on their alts of the opposite faction.

Grouping the other faction however, is an honest "no-way" from me... it would be awesome though, but then it removes the use of open-world PvP which they're trying so hard to balance right now.

Even if you could make it like 1 player from the opposite faction joins your group and make both of the players neutral..

Would this mean they can both be attacked by the two factions?

Can both of them attack the two factions, or is it just one person who is being attacked and the others can't do anything about it?

What would happen when you want to quest together, do you have acces to quests of the opposite faction? <-- this answer is obviously a no XD

it requires much more time and thinking through than you might suspect..

yes, it would be fun to do missions together since the objectives are the same, but grouping outside of the missions has no meaning.

Even if you are just trying to help a friend with his quests by using a character from the opposite faction, you can't just walk in places which are owned by the opposite faction.

You can't just stick to his side all the time..

Edited by Ordryth

They added elements of true evil vrs divine good. If they inserted say evil bad guy the sith would except him/her/it as leader. The two shouldnt never get along here let me sum this up ok Monks vrs Demons k in a nutshell. One wants all senient beings to gain enlightenment the other side could care less and is highly destructive. There isnt room for two to come together. They are polars to each other. You dont really trust the sith empire to say wait wait guys time out flag on the field here. There is this ultra bad guy to our left and we should help the jedi's defeat it. In case you haven't noticed sith kill their masters off when they think they can take em.

So ask yourself do you honestly see cold blooded killers who would turn on their own parents caring enough to say lets go help our sworn hated enemy out?

Edited by morganlion

I hope not! I hated that about WOW it felt dumb I could never recognize anyone! Allies or foe I want to eventually be able to say oh hey theres that jedi knight I hate let me kill him all game. Or say hey there thats healer he always does a good job on our team.... They completely took the fun out of servers on WOW

after reading the OP post and your answer several time trying to figure out *** u r talking about i came to the conclusion you are in fact talking about the dungeon finder and not faction grouping which is what the OP is talking about.

OT: cross faction grouping is not something i would like, im going evil for a reason :)

i dont think there is any comminications between the two factions (they just had a decade long war remember?) or else that would be a bit silly IMO. Huttball is cross-faction however, and all the streams i watched this morning got huttball 90% of the time because everyone went imperial lol, which is why im going vanguard for instant ques and not huttball

Cross faction for all social functions would be a good idea. Although didn't one of the devs explain that there was no global cross faction chat, because they found in beta that such a chat just resulted in a lot of trolling, flame baiting and other generally unconstructive behaviour?

cross faction grouping would have to be for really special instances only. Otherwise it totally breaks down the faction system.

I really hope not.

As someone else said, it would be cool for a once in a blue moon mission, but nothing that is normal.

Yes it sucks, but this game is about two sides who generally dispise each other.

They despise each other, yet they are working together to create an ultimate weapon to end the galaxy... hmm... ... ...

Edited by Beedlejuice

I'm not a lore freak, but I would find it abit odd if Darth Maul were sending friendly tells to Obi Wan.

However, I wish that the BH and Smuggler class would have been faction neutral at their start, I know that the Mandalorians have done alot of work for the Empire, and the Smugglers broke the blockade, but some kind of "I'm my own master" attitude towards faction choice would have been cool.

Are you referring to something like the Real ID?

I also hope for as little as possible cross server chatting or interacting. Even with friends. However, all my friends are playing on my server also.

Chatting isn't too bad, but getting into cross server grouping, I am not for as it takes away from server communities.

Edited by Ohnoto

I see no reason that there can't be some (least one) Flashpoint at higher levels where a great threat is brewing and only using the combined might of both factions can you hope to stop it, 4 man 10 man raid whatever. - This can also solve some problems that plagued games where you can't find the right person to fill a role (tanks/healers)

Can even have at end where one turns on the other and which ever side is left standing gets a bonus loot item to roll on. (depends on them and if they win the social role to set this in motion)

Missions - would be nice but might take awhile to find someone from either faction to fill that spot.

Yes there has been opposing sides that have worked together to stop another threat (comic books being the big one, some cartoons, video games) Didn't they have some mutual goals that brought jedi/sith together in the star wars stories and hope they can turn at least one sith or jedi to their side, the great I will work with you but actually work behind your back for my own goal to save/destroy you in the end when this is all over. Come on people these stories have been out there accept that cross factions will happen and can work in some situations!

Edited by Nightfyre

I'm not a lore freak, but I would find it abit odd if Darth Maul were sending friendly tells to Obi Wan.

However, I wish that the BH and Smuggler class would have been faction neutral at their start, I know that the Mandalorians have done alot of work for the Empire, and the Smugglers broke the blockade, but some kind of "I'm my own master" attitude towards faction choice would have been cool.

I share this sentiment, since that would make BH and Smuggler more like what they represent.

• 7 months later...
features such as add-friend are disabled to the opposite faction because you can invite people in your friendlist.

So, if they were to enable this (and I honestly think they should) they need to make it for communicational use only. So you could see if your friends are on their alts of the opposite faction.

Grouping the other faction however, is an honest "no-way" from me... it would be awesome though, but then it removes the use of open-world PvP which they're trying so hard to balance right now.

Even if you could make it like 1 player from the opposite faction joins your group and make both of the players neutral..

Would this mean they can both be attacked by the two factions?

Can both of them attack the two factions, or is it just one person who is being attacked and the others can't do anything about it?

What would happen when you want to quest together, do you have acces to quests of the opposite faction? <-- this answer is obviously a no XD

it requires much more time and thinking through than you might suspect..

yes, it would be fun to do missions together since the objectives are the same, but grouping outside of the missions has no meaning.

Even if you are just trying to help a friend with his quests by using a character from the opposite faction, you can't just walk in places which are owned by the opposite faction.

You can't just stick to his side all the time..

Cross faction grouping would have to be strictly instance specific for it to work right. You shouldnt be able to have a jedi n sith running around together fighting mobs whether on PVP or PVE servers. Thats just sick and wrong! :p

I have suggested before in the suggestion box that we have cross faction flashpoints or ops. The story plot of a greater immediate threat that could cause republic and imperial strike teams to temporarily work together for a common benefit is already there. Directive7 and False Emperor come to mind...