Charged Burst sound change 1.4

Darbon

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we still had no official word on this bug and whether a fix is in the works? I've not had the heart to play my slinger since this change was made.

same with me I am not touching him until this nightmare is over.

and then you read the "state of the game" letter and think go to hell.

• 3 weeks later...
Wow, I just started a new gunslinger after having not played for a long time. These new sound effects are terrible. I want to sound like a ****** when I'm blowing people away with my dual modified blasters. The original BOOM-BOOM BOOM-BOOM was awesome. What in the world was Bioware thinking on this one?

• 3 weeks later...

I just got a new blaster for my scoundrel...used it immediately and the sound was better than the new, awful noises that blasters make for smugglers. Not as good as the original sounds but better.

relogged...and the sound changed to the borked noise we have been stuck with after 1.4!

• 3 weeks later...

I found about this change ,here from this thread and logged in to check it out.This is great news.Now i can finally start playing gunslinger because i couldn't stand the old sound of charged burst.In fact that old sound is the only thing that stopped me from finally starting a smuggler.

The old boom-boom-boom was repulsive and not star warsy.I want blasters to sound like blasters,not like some kind of gunpowder pistols.

I hope they don't undo this change because of all these whiny babies here on the forums.

Edited by Kaedusz

• 3 weeks later...

Bumpers!

I didn't even know about the sound changes to the Gunslinger until i recently, and by gawd, they are really lame!!

Whats the reasoning for the sound effects going full retard????

I remember Charged Burst, Vital Shot and Quick Shot sounding so awesome and powerful - bringing the smack down on my enemies.....but now it all sounds the same. and weak....gross! :(

I read they are bringing the laugh back for Scoundrel's in 2.0, i really hope they get the sounds changed for Gunslinger's because these ones blow!

Hopefully all my crying makes Bioware change it all back :)

Since i am totally new to the republic side and specialy the smuggler class i don't know what exactly are you ppl talking about.

All i know is that a long time ago/not sure if its before or after 1.4/ when i tried to play a smuggler i was disgusted with the sound effect of charged burst.It sounded like a gunpowder weapon.Not Star Warsy at all.Solely this thing repusled me from the class.

At this very moment the sound effect is perfect.It sounds like a blaster not a 19 century revolver.

I can finally start the gunslinger i was planning to roll for a long time.Please don't change the sound efect as it is in the moment -15.02.2013.

Edited by Kaedusz

• 2 weeks later...

What's wrong with the current sound of charged burst?

Now it sounds like a blaster, (and the sound is different for different types of blasters,it's awesome),

not some retarded 19 century gunpowder pistol,if they change if back to gunpowder sound im deleting my gunslinger.

Edited by Kaedusz

I do like the original sound of Charged Burst more but understand what Kaedusz saying though - 'guess its supposed to make it sound more "Starwarzy"

But does anyone else think that some of the other sound effects need to be beefed up?

Abilities like Vital Shot, Flourish Shot and Quick sound the same. The Snipers mirror abilities sound

effects are all different and sound great.

I do like the original sound of Charged Burst more but understand what Kaedusz saying though - 'guess its supposed to make it sound more "Starwarzy"

But does anyone else think that some of the other sound effects need to be beefed up?

Abilities like Vital Shot, Flourish Shot and Quick sound the same. The Snipers mirror abilities sound

effects are all different and sound great.

OK so they have fixed the sniper and not the smuggler, well well Bioware :mad: