So Gharj is being 'fixed' so we have to fight him now...

Personally, I don't see why some people are complaining and saying that players who did the skip were bad.

My guild does EV HM once a week, so it was nice to shave 4 unnecessary minutes off the boring and unchallenging repetition. We all did it for the weekly Ultimate comms, which are far more useful and more relevant than the outdated gear drops. Players who need gear drops should just do some lvl 55 flashpoints to get them faster and more reliably.

Personally, I don't see why some people are complaining and saying that players who did the skip were bad.

My guild does EV HM once a week, so it was nice to shave 4 unnecessary minutes off the boring and unchallenging repetition. We all did it for the weekly Ultimate comms, which are far more useful and more relevant than the outdated gear drops. Players who need gear drops should just do some lvl 55 flashpoints to get them faster and more reliably.

This right here. Read through the whole thread and was wondering why there was so much hate. They recently added the ability to shorten the QT timer in-game and this only serves to speed up monotonous run backs. I guess everyone in this thread can agree that the only people that use this feature are bad players.

I see no reason for an operation boss to be skippable, even if it's an old operation. As for gear drops and the lack of challenge, take your lvl 50 guildies and get them some gear. Hell, make everyone do it on their lvl 50 alts if you want a bit more challenge.

What I don't get is who cares if people skip Gharj, a Boss who you damage so quick that he frenzies as soon as you get to the next platform, in an old op that people are literally only doing for the ultimate comms from the classic ops weekly, yet they can't take the time to address issues in level 55 ops that actually matter.

I did this with a pug skipped the boss and it seemed more hassle then it was worth we had a guy die in the acid and another guy faffing about to rez.. i think honestly we'd have been quicker just killing the boss.

I had no idea about this exploit. But tbh, I'm so tired of doing EV that I don't care if a full KP clear takes a bit longer. If I'm with guildies, puzzle is not a problem

And yes, some "skips" are more hassle than they're worth. Like that mob in S&V some try to skip by going the very long way through the catwalks, through some ledges on the side, other catwalks, another ledge. On a 16 man, with all the knockacks and pushes you can get, that fight might take 15 seconds, if that.

Like that mob in S&V some try to skip by going the very long way through the catwalks, through some ledges on the side, other catwalks, another ledge. On a 16 man, with all the knockacks and pushes you can get, that fight might take 15 seconds, if that.

^ This, there is always "that guy" that falls off (Kind of like guildmates that always fall doing +10 datacron) and we have to wait for them to run back instead of the few seconds of killing those mobs

Maybe same for classic skipping the first trash to T&Z in EC

Another thing I found out:

You can't go All Left on the Puzzle boss anymore in HM or NiM. We had to actually get a solver out after people went all left and we hit the time limit the first 2 times.

(And by solver I mean I got the order for it and figured it out myself)

This isn't true in at least HM. I did the all left method in an HM PUG last week and we weren't even close to the time limit.

Edited by Zanchvegas

This isn't true in at least HM. I did the all left method in an HM PUG last week and we weren't even close to the time limit.

I think it honestly depends on the puzzle. If you get unlucky and the solution is all 1-2 Right, then going all left is going to really stretch it out.

Also I didn't actually know there was a hard time limit. Just more and more acklay right? But at level 55 in current gear the acklay melt like butter.

I think it honestly depends on the puzzle. If you get unlucky and the solution is all 1-2 Right, then going all left is going to really stretch it out.

Also I didn't actually know there was a hard time limit. Just more and more acklay right? But at level 55 in current gear the acklay melt like butter.

Yeah, the puzzle is always random. Sometimes you're lucky and you get only left/only right, but you can end up with having to click left five times, when one right click would have been enough.

Because of that, I always solve the puzzle with the app, it only takes a minute and I don't want to face the embarassment of wiping on vanilla content. :cool:

And yes, this boss has a hard enrage. First, you get a single acklay, then another single acklay, then you get three acklays at once, and when the puzzle is still not solved after that, it will reset. If you can survive the add waves, you'll still be alive but you need to do the puzzle again.

Edited by Jerba

Yeah, the puzzle it always random. Sometimes you're lucky and you get only left/only right, but you can end up with having to click left five times, when one right click would have been enough.

Because of that, I always solve the puzzle with the app, it only takes a minute and I don't want to face the embarassment of wiping on vanilla content. :cool:

And yes, this boss has a hard enrage. First, you get a single acklay, then another single acklay, then you get three acklays at once, and when the puzzle is still not solved after that, it will reset. If you can survive the add waves, you'll still be alive but you need to do the puzzle again.

Through me and my friend's experience in 2 manning this instance in HM and NiM I can tell you the reset time is 250 seconds. I can also tell you the waves are 3 melee, 2 melee and 1 ranged, 1 melee and 2 ranged, 3 ranged, 1 acklay, 3 melee, 1 acklay, 2 acklays, 3 acklays, reset.

Edited by Kinslayer

Yeah, the puzzle is always random. Sometimes you're lucky and you get only left/only right, but you can end up with having to click left five times, when one right click would have been enough.

Huh. Learn something new every day, even about old content. Good to know. I've never actually seen past three acklay. We either wiped (back in the day) or solved it before they spawned. Good to know.

Glad they fixed this took out any sort of fun out of this Op which I sitll think is the best. People may not know thsi was a dual exploit as if you skip Gharj, no mobs spawn at the pylon puzzle.

The downside to it was if you are an achievement whore like I am you don't get the kill credits for any of the bosses Gharj and later (although you will still get the title for the completion on NiM)

Edited by Bilirubin