Anakin Skywalker vs Darth Bane

BrandonSM

As much as I would like to say Bane, I have to say Anakin. Canonically, Anakin is pretty much the epitome of Force power. That is, if he reached his true potential.

Well, I'm talkign ROTS Anakin before his downfall and pre-suit.

Anakin beats Bane in Saber Combat, thats for sure. But a Force Battle would be quite interesting.

Well, I'm talkign ROTS Anakin before his downfall and pre-suit.

Anakin beats Bane in Saber Combat, thats for sure. But a Force Battle would be quite interesting.

I don't know. Bane is no joke, but you don't beat Dooku based off of luck alone. I think the duel would be very heated and they would both get so mad at eachother. Who knows, maybe it would end in a draw.

Well, seeing as how by the Banite rule, Bane himself is in actuality the weakest of that order (since he was the first), I gotta go with Anakin on this one.

Well Anakin wasn't Sith yet, otherwise I would have said Vader.

Even though he beat Tyrannus, Tyrannus was never planned to become a Master in the RoT and could never succeed his master. Making the RoT inelligible in my opinion.

Dooku didn't know half of what Sidious knew, because Sidious intended fort his. He wanted to make sure Dooku would never be a on any level of a threat, all he was, was a tool in the Grand Plan that had to die.

Depends on what stage Bane is at. If we take both at their height, then Bane by far. Especially if he is able to master the technique of immortality that we see at the end.

Drew confirmed Bane failed at taking over Zannah.

Care to back up why you think Bane takes it without any questions?

I really think Anakin would win this. Bane is no joke, but Anakin has everything in his favor. He has superior saber skills( being the greatest practitioner of Djem So), he has the greatest Force potential( being the Chosen One and all). I don't see how Bane could win this one. It would take a miracle.

I really think Anakin would win this. Bane is no joke, but Anakin has everything in his favor. He has superior saber skills( being the greatest practitioner of Djem So), he has the greatest Force potential( being the Chosen One and all). I don't see how Bane could win this one. It would take a miracle.

He has great Force Potential. But he never achieved his full Force Potential. Force Potential is different from his actual Force Power that he actually had.

He has great Force Potential. But he never achieved his full Force Potential. Force Potential is different from his actual Force Power that he actually had.

Which Anakin are we talking about here. Vader or ROTS Anakin?

Vader wins Anakin loses.

Which Anakin are we talking about here. Vader or ROTS Anakin?

Vader wins Anakin loses.

Vader and Anakin may as well be two different people when it comes to a battle, he means Anakin Skywalker, as in before he becomes Darth Vader in the Chancellor's office.

Vader and Anakin may as well be two different people when it comes to a battle, he means Anakin Skywalker, as in before he becomes Darth Vader in the Chancellor's office.

Ah. Well then Anakin loses. Simply because Bane has learned to temper his rage while Anakin still falls into that trap. Anakin would make a mistake and Bane would finish him.

Drew confirmed Bane failed at taking over Zannah.

Care to back up why you think Bane takes it without any questions?

I never said he had mastered it. A lot of things depended on Bane being able to succeed with Zannah, but most of the reasons he failed were attributed to Zannah being an expert at the arcane mental skills of Sith Sorcery. Anakin Skywalker doesn't possess these techniques and is generally more closer to a warrior's mentality, and excels more at martial skills. Bane is a master of not only martial skills, but he had in the 2nd and third books, been delving deeply into the more arcane aspects of Sith lore.

So in short: there's no reason to get hostile with my answer, and if you learned to read, you'd see I didn't really make any claim at all about Bane really being a master of anything. Chill out.

Edited by Sindorin

Which ROTS Anakin? Zonakin or against Obi-Wan? Lucas already stated Anakin has the highest potential of any known force user. It's demonstrated when he's in the zone vs Dooku (Zonakin) and wip[es Dooku easily. Simialr to how Dooku owned Obi Wan twice. But yet Obi Wan was able to match with Anakin?

It's because Anakin was unfocused and did not tap his potential so we get two very different Anakins.

Since he doesn't know Bane, Anakin will go in zone and own Bane because as Lucas said he's the best.

Based off Banes rule of two, Anakin is far more superior to Bane.

The whole reason for the rule of two was to stop diluting the power of the dark side and have it focus through 2 individuals. Thus every generation of Sith is stronger then the last until we reach Sidious, who becomes the perk of their power. Anakin is chosen by him, because he is an apprentice who can and would be (without his injuries) stronger then Sidious himself.

Obviously Bane's plan failed cause he did not take into account (or have the knowledge about) the force constantly re-balancing itself.

Bane was powerful, but he was a big fish among little fish. He started the rule of two so the Sith could grown into sharks. So with my bad analogy... Bane is a mere Tuna and Anakin is a Great White Shark in battle. Bane would be proud to see how powerful the Sith had become with Sidious and Anakin.

I'm actually quite unsure now who would win.

Which ROTS Anakin? Zonakin or against Obi-Wan? Lucas already stated Anakin has the highest potential of any known force user. It's demonstrated when he's in the zone vs Dooku (Zonakin) and wip[es Dooku easily. Simialr to how Dooku owned Obi Wan twice. But yet Obi Wan was able to match with Anakin?

It's because Anakin was unfocused and did not tap his potential so we get two very different Anakins.

Since he doesn't know Bane, Anakin will go in zone and own Bane because as Lucas said he's the best.

But Anakin never reached his Force Potential. If he did, he would have been able to obilerate the Emperor and roftlstomp Obi-wan on Mustafar.

I'm talking about Pre-Vader Anakin. Before kneeling down before Palpatine.

Also, the whole reason Obi-wan was taken down so quickly by Dooku is because is the greatest master of Makashi. Makashi is the best counterpart to Soresu.

Anakin was the greatest master of Djem So, which is enhanced by emotions per Wookieepedia, so he was literally at his height as the master of Djem So against Obi-wan Kenobi. He had full on hatred for Obi-wan because of his foolish mind.