Star wars: The clone wars improving?

Klannad

Let's be honest. When Star wars the clone wars launched, it sucked.

Like, really sucked. The first episode was TERRIBLE. The next were annoying too.

Ashoka was very annoying, childish, and alot of us still had the fact that the show creators were steamrolling on years of content fresh in our minds.

The show, to put it simply, just sucked.

But then the second season aired. It still was terrible, but it had better animation and for the most part, less childish themes (I know its a t.v show meant for 10 year olds, shhh)

The third season in my opinion, was ok. It was terrible, it wasn't great, but it was ok. I was impressed that the show had improved. Ashoka was alot less annoying and even dare I say likeable.

The current season(season four) is great. The last episode was dark, violent, and it is leading up to the darth maul reveal (guess that story in infinties is canon, now huh?) The way they are slowly having Anakin have darker actions is great, Kids wont grasp it, but its cool for the older 16+ audiences that can see Anakin's downfall. Its great because you can begin to see where he became dissillusioned with the jedi (If you just watch the movies, the shift between good/dark anakin seems adrupt, sorry about spelling, english isn't my first language). All in all, I think this show has improved alot.

I thought the first episode of the actual series was great. Ambush? With Yoda and Ventress and a bunch of clones? That was a great opening. The MOVIE, tho, I still haven't watched.

There were some weak episodes, and--in the first season particularly--some really shoddy animation (the first Jar Jar episode was okay, kinda funny with the Seps mistaking Jar Jar for a Jedi, but it was PAINFUL to watch Padme running on her stealthy mission... the run had no weight, looked extremely mechanical...ugh!). But, as shows generally do when they aren't canceled at the first sign of something not being 'phenomenal', it improved as it went on. Season 2 had lots of great stuff. Season 3, even more, and Season 4's been really, really good (though the Mon Calamari arc dragged on a bit much).

I even enjoyed the droid-centered episodes as more fun light-hearted fare, though Anthony Daniels' C-3PO voice isn't anywhere near as good as it was in the '70s/'80s. Artoo, in those eps, is fantastic (in every ep where he's featured a lot, like the one Boba Fett ep where he flew to Coruscant to warn everyone that Mace & Anakin were trapped & under attack, and his fight with Goldie, and leading a unit of Battle Droids in the Citadel arc). This isn't a show for 'kids'. It's Star Wars. Acceptable for kids generally, and only occasionally catering to them...and often it's VERY gruesome for kids (burning Geonosians alive with flamethrowers was the first place a lot of people realized "Oh, it's not kiddie Star Wars")

The Infinities story of Maul's return, Old Wounds, is still Infinities. I doubt he'll long survive the season-ending arc, and if he does, he won't make it through all of next season. Old Wounds was pretty ridiculous, as Maul only managed to track Obi-Wan to the places Obi-Wan visited in Episodes II and III, nowhere else, and was always an hour or a day too late.

Thought the show was great from the beginning, then again I liked the Phantom Menace so I might be completely insane

But I must admit that the show seems to be growing up with its first audience, it has certainly gone from a balance between light and dark to a very dark atmosphere, I mean really, last season have had a Jaws homage, battlefield slaughter and freaking zombies

Edited by SNCommand

I thought the first episode featuring Yoda and the clones was good, haven't watched anything else up until season 4 which was brilliant, the episodes involving Obi-Wan in disguise were just incredible, i think that the creators of clone wars know its audience is mainly us older people so they've been tweaking the show to make it more complex.

I thought the first episode featuring Yoda and the clones was good, haven't watched anything else up until season 4 which was brilliant, the episodes involving Obi-Wan in disguise were just incredible, i think that the creators of clone wars know its audience is mainly us older people so they've been tweaking the show to make it more complex.

Yeah, I was actually thinking of these episodes when I wrote this post. They were very well done, and the climax between ani and dooku was great

Let's be honest. When Star wars the clone wars launched, it sucked.

Like, really sucked. The first episode was TERRIBLE. The next were annoying too.

You'd really be in the minority in that opinion.

Yes, I agree that the show was more. . . I hesitate to say "childish," because of the negative connotations that word frequently carries, but let us say, developed towards younger audience. Now that it's got four years under its belt, it's becoming deeper, more complex, and more "adult." I look at it in similar fashion to the Harry Potter novels (though I admit, I've only seen the movies.) They are really intended as a series someone can "grow up on," with the first books being very much for readers the age of the characters, but growing deeper and more adult as the characters themselves grow up.

But I still heartily enjoyed even the first season, as well a the pilot movie. Even at the begining, it was pretty complex for a "kid's show."

I have been loving every single minute of The Clone Wars, even bought the three seasons on DVD. It's beautiful, the storylines, the worlds, the characters. We get to see so much more than the prequels could show. I love the episode archs, the mystery and the cliffhangers.

As for the age restriction, it certainly is not a children's show, with Clones being eaten by weird aliens, Padawans getting shot by Trandoshians, people getting decapitated and dead things being ressurected. The depth it reaches though, with war and diplomacy, ideology (Jedi Code, Padme- Anakin) and emotions is fascinating.

As for the last episode, let me just say the Nightsisters are my favourite greeny-Force weilding withes ever! Mother Talzin and their legacy are amazing! I was so dissappointed by the outcome of the episode (not going to spoil), and I absolutely sympathise with Assajj, who I am also slowly growing fonder of. I anxiously await the return of Darth Maul, Savage and Talzin! :)

I hope Asajj's ultimate fate in the series mirrors her fate in the comics: left for dead, she strikes out on her own, away from the war, the Jedi, and the Sith (kinda like that father & son from an early Hutta quest, assuming you don't turn 'em over to the mother). Right now she's looking for somewhere to belong in the show, but I hope they'll allow her to grow enough to choose her own destiny, be her own person instead of relying on a master or group to define her, and make for the Unknown Regions. There's plenty of other villains left for the showrunners to kill if they need some bad-guy deaths.