When Will I Have My Revenge? (Spoiler)

pico_sf

So, I'm level 48, Intelligence has just been dissolved and I'm on my way to Corellia.

So far I have been lied to, double crossed, back stabbed, and my companions kidnapped.

I hate the Sith and the Empire and what they have done to me. I would burn Drmund Kaas to the ground if the option was there.

The Sith have some serious Jason Born **** coming their way.

My question is, when do i get to go Spartacus on the Empire and get my revenge.

Very good point. However, Rome was a republic at the time so the analogy cant be directly related.

Its hard to say a slave revolt that lasted 2 years, caused tens of thousands of deaths, brought an entire region to turmoil and brought pretty drastic (arguably) slave reform didn't do anything.

It proved a point, thats for sure.

But point well taken.

Maybe better put I need to go Gaius Julius Caesar on the Sith.

On a side note, I find it strange you say the Roman Empire lasted until 1500 AD (or CA). Post-modern Western teachings declare the fall of the Roman Empire at around 450 AD ish. Some would place the fall of the Roman Empire at or near 320's with the Crisis of the Third Century, but most don't subscribe to that view.

Traditionally speaking, the empire that was left after Romulus Augustus had to surrendered is taught as the Bizintine Empire.

I believe that may be do in part by WHY Rome is taught instead of HOW. For lack of a better analogy, if Mesopotamia is the cradle of civilization, then Rome would be the the cradle of the modern world.

Or simply put, Rome is taught as classic antiquity and the transition to late antiquity marks the fall of the Roman Empire for that purpose.

I don't mean this with any insult, but I would like to ask where you studied. You clearly have adept knowledge of the subject but it isn't with complimentary American teachings. I really enjoy exploring different world views.

Haha, nice.

Well, to answer the original question, you don't really get to take revenge in any explosive way, but in a very quiet, subtle way. In other words, I'm not sure you'll get what you're hoping for, but hopefully you'll be satisfied with your choices at the end.

This conversation is awesome

More to the point, there isn't a point where you get to rally a group of people to a cause and just go on a killing rampage all over the place in the name of taking what's yours or what have you. At least not yet. As mentioned above, the "revenge" is more subtle, but I'm definitely hoping that you do get to go all revenge crazy once the story gets expanded.

I love. This. Entire. Thread.

Thank you guys for being so awesome.

Anywhoo, darkside ending is so weird because you don't get the...well...uhm............

no idea how to say anything without ruining it all.

Hm.

*waits patiently for OP to finish story and return to this glorious thread*

My question is, when do i get to go Spartacus on the Empire and get my revenge.

Sadly, I felt like the game totally teased me with the possibility of letting me do this, just to tear it all cruelly away, leaving my character a brittle mess.

But maybe things will go better for you. *sigh*

I don't mean this with any insult, but I would like to ask where you studied. You clearly have adept knowledge of the subject but it isn't with complimentary American teachings. I really enjoy exploring different world views.

The idea that the Roman empire extends to Byzantine times comes from Edward Gibbons' "The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire" Ed had so much fun writing about the later roman empire that he ended up filling 6 volumes to tell us that the Byzantines were roman enough to let them carry the story into a much later era.

Weather or not that's true is one of those arguments historians like to have. Go wiki Decline and Fall if you like, but I think Gibbons makes a pretty good argument. Either way, it's considered essential reading on the subject, especially since so many later historians start with his work, then clarify, expand, or correct his facts. If you happen to like stuffy, witless, english history books, you'll find no better read than this.

Also note that the kind of revenge you get (or indeed whether you even get revenge at all) depends on what choices you make near the end of chapter 3, and also depends on at least one choice which you have already made in the past.

I'm not sure if I remember all of the endings, but there are at least two different (and IMO pretty awesome) endings in which you either get revenge or clearly sets things up for you to get your revenge later on. :cool:

I'm really looking forward to the next chapter of my agent's story. :)

I play my Agent like any good spy, doing what I feel is best for the Empire and to protect the Empire's interests. But with certain things that have happened, as I have just arrived to Tatooine, I feel as though I really am going to take a Bourne-like turn in my gameplay as I level further. And with any luck when level cap increases, and the stories get some kind of expansion I can take the full Bourne turn in the storyline.

Spartacus, if I recall correctly, was crucified. Not a pleasant end for your operative, I should think.

Seriously, there comes a point at the V-E-R-Y end where you can make a chocie as to a certain black book. Will you give it to the empire. Will you give it to intelligence? Or will you keep it and use it to...........

[FYI.....onceyou commit to a choice, you cannot go back...choose your dialog options carefully, or exit the dialog before it ends and re-do it to be sure you choose correctly. I kept that little black book!]