Scammers for Referral links.

SilikoNZ

Yes I know I should of known not to click a referral for the promise of credits but hey, we all want them and need them, however the guy decided to block me. I made a ticket hoping to clear the referral connection to stop him from getting free cartel coins. I don't know if they will but, I hope to at least make people aware of it. Edited by SilikoNZ
grammar

Yes I know I should of known not to click a referral for the promise of credits but hey, we all want them and need them, however the guy decided to block me. I made a ticket hoping to clear the referral connection to stop him from getting free cartel coins. I don't know if they will but, I hope to at least make people aware of it.

Yeah, we know. It's a long-running phenomenon. If the right CS person picks up the ticket, they will indeed clear the referral, or so I've heard.

• 2 weeks later...

Call me ignorant, but how do they scam ya with their referral link? I got mine from the forum here that BW connected to my account, so how would you get scammed if the link was given by BW?

Its 4:13 am and i am tired and all this might not be registering on me but at this time i am confused. lol

Help me understand this at this early hour of the morn. TY. :confused::o

Call me ignorant, but how do they scam ya with their referral link? I got mine from the forum here that BW connected to my account, so how would you get scammed if the link was given by BW?

Its 4:13 am and i am tired and all this might not be registering on me but at this time i am confused. lol

Help me understand this at this early hour of the morn. TY. :confused::o

They speak up on in-game chat, offering substantial sums of credits (usually several million) for people to click their link, and they don't pay. The link is genuine, but the offer of credits is not.

They speak up on in-game chat, offering substantial sums of credits (usually several million) for people to click their link, and they don't pay. The link is genuine, but the offer of credits is not.

OHH, ok i think i seen those in gen chat. Thought to my self when i saw them doing that. Some poor person will fall for that. I learned a LONG TIME AGO. If it sounds to good to be true. It usually is. Live and Learn, just dont do it again.

Thx and Be well..........

lol I thought about offering credits for use of my link but I found that people are expecting like 5-7 mil for using the code these days. And I'm just not willing to pay that much hahahah.....That being said I did not know there are scammers for that. But then again I used someones link without expecting credits.

I also saw that kind of scam on the french server and it's always the same a few credits promised for the link. And then people are getting scammed. When a new player join our guild we try to prevent them to be victims of those with some advices but sometimes the catch of the amount of credits is too strong for some of them.

(Sorry for my poor english ^^')

REFERRAL LINK REMOVED Heres my refferal link. I'm looking at you subscribers ;)

Spamming your link all over is sort of tolerated in-game if you don't over-do it, but it is explicitly forbidden on the forums. You can put it in your forum signature and make normal posts, but two things in particulare are not allowed:

* Putting your link in the main part of your message no matter what the content of your post

* Making posts that are obviously just to promote your link, even if the link itself is in your signature.

I just report em for spam and put them on ignore. I used to go after them in chat but decided why waste the energy on something Bioware thus far has shown little interest in doing anything about.

QFT - I also report them since it adds to Bioware's overhead since it is Bioware's idiotic fail system to blame here (though that is no excuse for players taking advantage of other players).

Anyways, only a group as dumb as Bioware would create a referral system that pays rewards for getting existing customers to click a link (and is so open to abuse and scams) - where most competent companies tend to only pay referral rewards for bringing in new customers.

Also this forum comes across as trashy with so many posts filled with signature lines stuffed with a bunch of 'PLEASE CLICK ME' referral links, not to mention the ones that just spam their link as the post (see several posts above) or post nonsense and useless drivel over and over to keep to up the number of posts with their link.

Edited by DawnAskham

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest I think it's really silly to classify it as scamming. Classify it as them being an *** sure, but there are plenty of people who do actually pay up, however it is far from a scam as you're not LOSING anything. You have the ability to use a referral link, if you use it, you gain some guaranteed stuff generated by the game. Anything else you get on top of that is a bonus and many people will gladly pay it, I do.

Additionally, if you're a subscriber you have just as much ability as the people offering to do it yourself, no one is losing here and when you've got enough credits to do the same you can (And you'll find out how fun it is be accused of scamming for doing something that's not against the ToS because of some annoying people).

f you don't get paid contact support and see if they'll get the link removed from your account and try find someone a bit more trustworthy next time, make a note of who they are and if you see them offering it then mention it,

If you are going through with using someones link, see if you can get them to cough up credits up front (I'll often drop a little bit of credits if someone is a bit uneasy so at least they know if anything goes wrong they've got something for nothing).

At the end of the day the CC anyone gets from you using their link isn't coming from your pocket, because you are a sub regardless if they're getting something out of it, you aren't paying more in your sub fee for them to get those CC. Additionally when they pay up you've got a reasonable sum of credits for just your status which is fair.

P.S Those of us who are legit tend not to spam (At most I might drop the message in the same chat once every 15-30 minutes which does not constitute spam, and as a sub I have as much right to post offers in chat as the people who constantly feel like talking about their favourite sexual position)

Edited by Orsidus