get rid of ranked daily/weekly

VaceDemon

I can't count how many times someone has said that they are only there for the daily or weekly. It's almost always someone with no clue how to pvp or gear. This is just one of the many problems with the ranked system. Get rid of the missions will cut down on the randoms. Let the people that want to play ranked que up without having someone on the team throwing, /stucking just to finish the daily.

P.S. make it so you need an avg item rating of 236 or 242 for ranked.

I can't count how many times someone has said that they are only there for the daily or weekly. It's almost always someone with no clue how to pvp or gear. This is just one of the many problems with the ranked system. Get rid of the missions will cut down on the randoms. Let the people that want to play ranked que up without having someone on the team throwing, /stucking just to finish the daily.

Not sure if serious... :confused:

also.. to take your idea further we should also remove solo ranked altogether from the game because there is no point in keeping a flawed game mode in the game is there ?

But what I find most disturbing is this sick desire of some ranked folk to make ranked only for themselves.

The ranked community in this game is ***king small and you want to make it even smaller ? How is that constructive to this game ? Shouldn't more people be encouraged to participate ? They are bad ? so ? You were born as a gold ranked PVP-er ? I think you also had to learn this game like everybody else.

I think some people need to be put in a separate game mode on a separate server all for themselves and toxic bullys hackers and wintraders where there is no daily on weekly for ranked, 100 valor requirement, 248 gear requirment. That should keep them happy.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Bioware is going backwards i'm afraid.Once upon a time they acknowledged that ranked is not the right place to get gear and they replaced all ranked rewards with vanity items.

But that was before the CXP monster when getting pvp gear was fast and alt frienly.

I am not sure there is a solution to the problem other than remove CXP garbage from the game and return to 4.x gearing method.

The ranked community in this game is ***king small and you want to make it even smaller ? How is that constructive to this game ?
There is a very obvious and fine line between trying to get the people who literally throw matches just to get their components from the daily/weekly out of solo ranked and getting people who want to play and are just bad out. The former is good, the latter is not.

I don't think OP's idea is viable (or has any hope of being implemented by BW) but the reasons I think that have nothing to do with the possibility it would send bad players who genuinely want to play SR packing. It wouldn't do that.

In my opinion, and this would only be for solo ranked, only wins should count. But keep the number of wins needed for the daily and weekly rather low. That way people, even if they're struggling, could still complete them by keeping at it. And it would send the morons who just throw because they can't be bothered to even try to win packing. Or force them to try to win.

Edited by yellow_