Share your favorite Flashpoint moments!

Just ran Red Reaper last night and holy crap it was the most fun i've had in the game. DPS assassin, DPS marauder, and Tank assassin with Talos (healing companion for those unfamiliar with Inquisitors) healing.

first time running it for all of us and we had a blast figuring out the strategies for the boss fights. we wiped a few times on the 2nd boss and a few times on the last boss, but none-the-less we enjoyed it.

does anybody else here have flashpoint experiences they really enjoyed?

would like to have threads with a change of pace from the "everything is too hard, nerf it all" threads.

My group, being not entirely geared, beat the Hard mode Sith Entity (bonus boss for false emperor) by the skin of our teeth.

We were 3 men out of the fight and our last DPS was at 78/15000 health before the boss fell. Even more exciting was that he was just kiting the heck away and it was the numerous DoTs on him that got him.

My group, being not entirely geared, beat the Hard mode Sith Entity (bonus boss for false emperor) by the skin of our teeth.

We were 3 men out of the fight and our last DPS was at 78/15000 health before the boss fell. Even more exciting was that he was just kiting the heck away and it was the numerous DoTs on him that got him.

That's exactly what happened to us in red reaper. Last boss we had only our marauder left with barely any life. He threw up all his defensive cool downs and got him the last second. Truely epic.

Knocking Malgus into the abyss, Return of the Jedi-style. The whole lovably chaotic fight with Mentor. Figuring out how to beat Bulwark. Also, beating General Edikar for the first time on normal - still the toughest boss fight I took part in. He actually seemed easier on hardmode.

But the best has to be the end of Maelstrom. That conversation, with the delightful touch of the KotOR music, is epic.

One of my first runs on a hard mode flash point (can't remember the boss). Having trouble getting him down before the enrage timer. Decided to have the healer throw a little DPS on.

Fight seems to be going well, around 15% health left. Crap! enrage timer burn him!

Tank dead 10%

1st DPS dead 5%

2nd DPS dead 2%

Healer manages to kill him with 80hp left.

Doing Soa last night. End of the first mind-trap phase, guy is being thrown around in the air when he puts up his shield and starts dropping platforms. Person who was being thrown falls to his death (we assume). However, one of our sorcs life-gripped him before he fell out of range and saved him.

Was very impressed :p

Doing Soa last night. End of the first mind-trap phase, guy is being thrown around in the air when he puts up his shield and starts dropping platforms. Person who was being thrown falls to his death (we assume). However, one of our sorcs life-gripped him before he fell out of range and saved him.

Was very impressed :p

very nice hahaha

sounds like a lot of "just barely made it with no health left" experiences.

i really hope BioWare understands that the difficulty is enjoyable for many of us and don't nerf it.

Last night, running Colicoid with a couple of folks who were under-leveled (RL friends, both level 38, and myself and another who were 41 and 42, respectively).

We were having trouble on the turrets -- we assumed it was due to some lag on the computer of one of the under-leveled persons. Tweaked some graphics on his computer and we decided to try one more time (We were a bit frustrated at that point after 4 wipes).

One of our group members mentioned that one of the turrets seemed "a little easier" than the others for whatever reason, so we put the under-leveled-and-laggy group member on that turret.

3/4 of us went down with just a few seconds to go.... the one that survived to get us past the turrets? Mr. Underleveled-and-Lag :D He was very proud to be the last one left standing.

We one-shot the rest of the instance. Also, Mr. Underleveled got gear drops from every phase (He said they were taunting him for not being 41 yet)

By far the funniest thing was HM False emperor against some random trash droids, our Jug tank was force pushing them off the catwalks and well one of them managed to land on this small beam and proceded to shoot the heck out of us while we couldnt get targeting, so our jug just jumps over the ledge and starts beating it down, lucky for him i was able to pull him back up :D

Also same run against

HK

we didn't really know what was going on (it was our first False emperor run) and so everyone dies from the turret after we barely get

hk

down during enrage and he just barely manages to survive lol. that was just awesome.

if you want to see those laughs go ahead and look at the archives on my live stream link

• 2 months later...

My favourite flashpoint was hands down Directive 7.

Why?

Because it had the most fun boss mechanics. When I fought pretty much every other boss it was just "Attack, (Interrupt,) Heal, Random thing you have to do (colour change, down shield) and repeat.

For Mentor?

1. Destroy Shield Generator and Turrets (A)

2. Avoid Claw

3. Kill Guardian (B)

5. A,B,A,B,A,B

and then destroy mentor - while dodging AoE missiles.

That meant it had at least twice as many things to do - plus Mentor's room was pretty cool, like TRON (I L:pVE TRON!)

myself and 3 guildies on our first HM run of false emperor. none of us had done the instance before, we were learning all the fights as we did them. finally got to HK, wiped twice. the third time, we get him down to 25k health, when he does one of his stealth kill things, then enrages and snipes 2 people to death. i pop my defensive cooldowns, and struggle to down him. he dies with me sitting comfortably at 126 health. there were fanfares blowing in my head.

and then the turrets killed me.