To clueless QQ'ers calling smash/focus spec an easy/boring spec...

JohnAnconia

Every class is easy to play once you know your rotations (this is one of the reasons I never understood the whine about quickbars theres not a single class needs more than 3 IMO)

I'm pretty sure I need more than 3 quickbars on my Scoundrel healer.

Just off the top of my head, here are things I need to use in any given Warzone -

1. Flurry of Bolts 2. Vital Shot. 3. Kolto Cloud 4. Pugnacity 5. Thermal Grenade 6. Back Blast 7. Dirty Kick 8. Tendon Blast 9. Underworld Medicine 10. Slow-release Medpack 11. Tranq dart 12. Emergency Medpack 13. Shoot first 14. Throw huttball (everyone always forgets to list this!) 15. Flash Grendade 16. Cybertech Seismic Grenade 17. Defense Screen 18. CC Break 19. Blaster whip 20. Sneak 21. Stealth 22. Dodge 23. Disappearing Act 24. Cool Head 25. Warzone Medpack 26. Warzone Adrenal 27. Recuperate 28. Buff 29. Triage 30. Interrupt 31. Flyby 32. Diagnostic Scan

And those are just abilities I would need in a warzone. Obviously I don't want to be switching my quickbars back and forth, so when you add in things like 33. Surrender 34. Vehicle 35. Smuggle 36. Combat Rez 37. Rocket Boots 38. Slice Droid 39. Sparkle Powder 40. Companion Dance 41. Relic1 42. Relic2 43. Heroic Moment 44. Quick Travel 45. Emergency Fleet Pass 46. Throw the new ball whose name I can't think of 47. Kolto Pack 48. Head shot.

That's four quickbars right there, and they're all VITAL.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

With aoe reduction traits and taunts applied, shi-cho aoe damage is laughable.

It isn't fair to say "with taunts applied". You can apply taunts to anyone, it shouldn't be a deciding factor in comparing any damage to any other damage.

Please stop. You either are a troll and have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, or your skill is terrible and you need to L2P.

Here's my perspective. My guardian is my third level 50 alt (I have a level 50 sage and a level 50 sniper). I can confidently say that smash spec requires higher skill level compared to dps sages/snipers. And I've played sage balance, sage hybrid, sniper mm, and sniper lethality. The MINIMUM set of attack abilities that any competent jugg/guardian focus/rage dps need to have are: force leap, zealous leap, guardian leap, combat focus, force crush, force stasis, force push, force sweep, saber throw, blade storm, and dispatch (so a total of 11 abilities not counting defensive CDs and awe/taunt/aoe taunt - any competent jugg/guardians should be using these even if they are dps).

In comparison, my sage only needs 6 attack abilities(mind crush, force in balance, sever force, telekinetic throw, weaken mind, and project). My leth sniper only needs 9 abilities (corrosive dart, corrosive grenade, weakening blast, cull, series of shots, ambush, takedown, orbital strike, and frag grenade). Both of those specs require fewer attack abilities compared to a rage jugg/focus guardian and are much easier to play. The only way someone can end up using just four buttons on a jugg/guardian DPS and still winning WZs is when you end up playing clueless undergeared pugs.

And by the way, I'm just a casual pvp'er, but all three of my alts have a mix of BM/WH gear (just 2-4 pieces of BM mostly). I routinely hit 300K+ damage on any of my three alts and win 60-70% of the matches that I participated as a pug'er and receive on average at least 1 mvp vote per match. The only spec that I've found boring to play so far .. is pt/assault vanguard.

I played on my level 25 guardian the other day and in huttball I destroyed nearly everyone I attacked with a retardedly simple rotation.

I leaped - force froze - sweep - stun - rinse & repeat.

I'm sorry but this is about as simple and as cheap as it can get. Even a point clicker and keyboard turner can master the simple moves of a smash jugg sweep guardian. Sure there are other players that use more moves but for the most part its leap & sweep.......no skill required.

You tried so hard to make it sound like some elite build that only true pvpers can master but in reality anyone can roll a melee class and sweep their way to 300k easy.

I played on my level 25 guardian the other day and in huttball I destroyed nearly everyone I attacked with a retardedly simple rotation.

I leaped - force froze - sweep - stun - rinse & repeat.

While I do agree 100% that Focus is an easy spec, I don't think a level 25 Guardian has the same Focus Spec as a level 50. You don't even have enough skill points to get a guaranteed crit, let alone a fully stacked sweep.

While I do agree 100% that Focus is an easy spec, I don't think a level 25 Guardian has the same Focus Spec as a level 50. You don't even have enough skill points to get a guaranteed crit, let alone a fully stacked sweep.

I never said I did 300k on my level 25 and that is your fault for assuming such. I was referring to the level 50 guardians and juggs with maxed out skill trees.

Please stop. You either are a troll and have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, or your skill is terrible and you need to L2P.

it is an easy spec, but it can be fun for a diversion. enrage, leap, smash, choke, push, leap, smash still alive? saber throw... still alive? it has heals find them and smash them. Its hard. ;-) clearly each situation is different but hey basically that's what it is

Here's my perspective. My guardian is my third level 50 alt (I have a level 50 sage and a level 50 sniper). I can confidently say that smash spec requires higher skill level compared to dps sages/snipers. And I've played sage balance, sage hybrid, sniper mm, and sniper lethality. The MINIMUM set of attack abilities that any competent jugg/guardian focus/rage dps need to have are: force leap, zealous leap, guardian leap, combat focus, force crush, force stasis, force push, force sweep, saber throw, blade storm, and dispatch (so a total of 11 abilities not counting defensive CDs and awe/taunt/aoe taunt - any competent jugg/guardians should be using these even if they are dps).

In comparison, my sage only needs 6 attack abilities(mind crush, force in balance, sever force, telekinetic throw, weaken mind, and project). My leth sniper only needs 9 abilities (corrosive dart, corrosive grenade, weakening blast, cull, series of shots, ambush, takedown, orbital strike, and frag grenade). Both of those specs require fewer attack abilities compared to a rage jugg/focus guardian and are much easier to play. The only way someone can end up using just four buttons on a jugg/guardian DPS and still winning WZs is when you end up playing clueless undergeared pugs.

I too have a commando and a sage maxed. my jugg is by far the easiest over all. as someone else said more buttons != harder. Its is all about your quick keys and macros. Myself Jug is so easy i have eveyrthing but leap smash push and CDs macroed to one button on my mouse. Yeah i could probably do 10%ish more damage doing it myself but I don't care i just want to setup for the smash.

Sage, I respec often depending how things are going for the day. the Dot spec is my favorite. 6ish dmg abilites + force quake. 2 CCs with no CD, slow and root, bubble and heals. the telekinetics tree is fun too but not very mobile. Heals are excelent. Pretty easy to play any full on spec, not counting hybrids and more buttons than smash.

Gunnery commando... you want to talk about hard to play.... try pvping with it at 50. pretty much one of the easiest rotations for single target... but you don't live long enough to push it much of the time.

And by the way, I'm just a casual pvp'er, but all three of my alts have a mix of BM/WH gear (just 2-4 pieces of BM mostly). I routinely hit 300K+ damage on any of my three alts and win 60-70% of the matches that I participated as a pug'er and receive on average at least 1 mvp vote per match. The only spec that I've found boring to play so far .. is pt/assault vanguard.

define casual? just pugging for dailies then switching to alts? Damage numbers are a poor way of rating how effective you are. 300k dmg is not saying a lot these days either well unless you're lvl 20 then it is pretty decent. Many matches are less about damage than capping objectives

it is an easy spec, but it can be fun for a diversion. enrage, leap, smash, choke, push, leap, smash still alive? saber throw... still alive? it has heals find them and smash them. Its hard. ;-) clearly each situation is different but hey basically that's what it is

I too have a commando and a sage maxed. my jugg is by far the easiest over all. as someone else said more buttons != harder. Its is all about your quick keys and macros. Myself Jug is so easy i have eveyrthing but leap smash push and CDs macroed to one button on my mouse. Yeah i could probably do 10%ish more damage doing it myself but I don't care i just want to setup for the smash.

Sage, I respec often depending how things are going for the day. the Dot spec is my favorite. 6ish dmg abilites + force quake. 2 CCs with no CD, slow and root, bubble and heals. the telekinetics tree is fun too but not very mobile. Heals are excelent. Pretty easy to play any full on spec, not counting hybrids and more buttons than smash.

Gunnery commando... you want to talk about hard to play.... try pvping with it at 50. pretty much one of the easiest rotations for single target... but you don't live long enough to push it much of the time.

define casual? just pugging for dailies then switching to alts? Damage numbers are a poor way of rating how effective you are. 300k dmg is not saying a lot these days either well unless you're lvl 20 then it is pretty decent. Many matches are less about damage than capping objectives

Yes and if you'll notice that most of the time the ones with the highest amount of damage end up on the losing team b/c they spent the whole time trying to rack up kills and medals. If only everyone cared about objectives then getting the weekly done wouldn't be such a pain in the ******e.

I never said I did 300k on my level 25 and that is your fault for assuming such. I was referring to the level 50 guardians and juggs with maxed out skill trees.

I never said you said you did 300k on your level 25 and that is your fault for assuming such.

What I did mean is that your claim that you were "destroying everyone" with just "leap + sweep", etc at level 25, is probably an exaggeration.

If played correctly and picking the correct targets and not blatantly attacking ppl who have full health one can destroy many ppl. You probably assumed I was 1v1'ing everyone down with full health and that is why you believed it to be an exaggeration. Its all a matter of play style. A smart melee won't charge in blindly sweep sweeping. That's how you get ff'd and burnt down. You don't need a full skill tree to destroy ppl especially when in sub 50 pvp everyones skills are maxed out at level 49 anyways.

We both agree its a cheap class and one any noob can play lets just leave it at that.

Also, a good sage dps is a million times more difficult to play than a smash jugg and they can't compare to the damage output of smashers.

dude you just kidding, i play sorcerer, juggernaut, pyrotech, operative, assasin and all i can say, this game is primitive and easy for all, 7 years old kids included

no offence, but sorcerer/your sage/ dps, for example madness i love to play, there is instant forcelightning, no mana issues and i tried in one game press only 1 button and did 450k easy ...

all classes are pretty easy and 80% players are pretty bad, thats why they complain...

what i can say is only healers are a bit more difficult to play according selecting targets /team mates/, because dps just deals dmg, doesnt matter who is that all dmg counts, but when you pick bad target for healing its a fail...

smash is rly not boring, its fun, and fun is everything what have burst in pvp and what can kill something ... i kill with my sorcerer very hard players, no burst so no fun ... thats all, end of story

and yeah smash is OP, but i prefer let it like it is now, but buff rest, give ppl burst ...

remove grind, remove stuns and give ppl fun bioware ...

and add larger maps and more pvp content ...

no offence, but sorcerer/your sage/ dps, for example madness i love to play, there is instant forcelightning, no mana issues and i tried in one game press only 1 button and did 450k easy ...

This tells me everything I need to know about you as sorcs/sages have no one ability that can be spammed to 450k. In fact, the only way you are getting to 450k is in a very long match or by dotting up the other team constantly for no reason and killing no one.