How did the Hutts become powerfull?

Azuresword

Hi All,

I am a huge star wars fan, but not as knowledgeable as id like to be.

something that has always bothered me. how did the huts become the wealthy crime lords they are always depicted to be?

The species doesnt give them the practical tools to physcially threaten other species, they are too bulky and slow. They do have great mental prowess however? Have they being playing the intergalactic stock market or is there something im missing. it seems to me one could quite easly destroy a Hutt and take their power.

really interested in peoples thoughts on this!

Kind Regards,

Azure

The Hutts where actually at one time an agressive warrior species (don't make the mistake of thinking Hutts are not formidable physically they';re faster then they look, fairly strong and incrediably resiliant) the Hutts eventually warred among themselves to such a degree that they all but destroyed their home planet.in the aftermath (dureing which the Hutts settled on nar shadda) they adopted a philophesy that basicly lead to the modern gangster dominated culture we see today.

so two things.

1: the hutts by time they came too the society they are now already had a large empire with many servant species.

2: the Hutts are NOT a buncha softies unable to do moire then move their eyeballs to watch dancers