Which Story do you always find yourself repeating and why?

KozmicKorpse

For example, I am always repeating the Sith Warrior storyline. Just something about being a Sith and going through the rounds of an acolyte to a Lord of great power feels amazing. Also testing out the different ways to make my warrior, either Completely Dark Side, Completely Light Side, or even Neutral is just great.

Sith Warrior, Jedi Knight and Bounty Hunter. I don't like the Bounty Hunter Story that much, but I love the class fantasy especially becoming a Mandalorian. The BHs would have benefited from starting out in a Mando clan instead of the whole Hutta Braden thing. The best story out of them all is the Agent's, from start to finish.

Doing all class stories for a third run through on SS, but if I had to pick one to do over all the time, I'd have to say Sith Inquisitor. It was the first one I ever did when I got into the game, and is my favorite by far. Mainly because of companions like Khem and Andronikos.

I found myself replaying the Imperial Agent story for the fourth time not too long ago. The characters are just fleshed out so well, and the voice acting is so on point, that I genuinely find the plot interesting again and again.

• 2 weeks later...

I have only repeated three stories so far (ongoing with my JK v.2 and Inquisitor v.2, so really only one).

Alignment is a part of it, but I really wanna play through quite a few stories without even changing that. I thought the smuggler chick I played was quite fun with both story and gameplay so I could totally see myself just repeating a neutral-selfish character like I did last time.

The story I completed twice in full (base game) is Sith Warrior. I really like the male voice actor for light side, he sounds so idealistic and charismatic when lecturing him opponents on his alternative path to power. I feel like the female VA is better suited for the dark side options (I think Natasha Little plays female villains or minions in quite a few other games too) but I played her in neutral allignment, basically with the mind not to deny herself power, but also that she recognises the corruption that she feels eventually leads to downfall in the dark side. Some day I wanna replay light side male again, it was just good fun and I really enjoyed the Vette romance.

The Jedi knight i'm replaying is also neutral alignment (first char was female 100% light, standard heroic jedi) but the reason why I chose it, was just to bring a neat character design to life that I wanted to play. When I played through Dromund Kass with my Sith warrior lady, I did a heroic mission with a high-level SW that was dual wielding a pair of rare gamorrean axes, which I found kinda cool. Like a barbarian kinda design. I basically took that inspiration to play a JK cathar that would dual wield those Beskad blades that were relatively cheap on the cartel market.

Inquisitor is also a story of replaying for the sake of neutral alignment. First one was dark side. Maybe I just suck at sticking to dark side, lol. I wanted to play through the game with a Miraluka, but I found the Jedi classes just a tad bit too normal-ish to mix with it and just decided to go with the SI story. Its kinda different to do that with a Miraluka, while still fitting the with the slavery theme.

As for different alignment playthrough I have thought of doing a neutral agent. My first agent was dark side, but I didn't really feel like that alignment fit with her personality so I kinda wanna redo the class with a more open minded character and then romance Raina.

The Inquisitor is such a great story because (and I'll try to remain spoiler free) it has you rise from nothing at the beginning and slowly climbing your way through the empire's hierarchy until you can finally strike at the upper echelons of the Empire. It is (as far as I can tell) not affected that much by alignment, so you can make whatever choices you wand and you'll still end at near the same place. While this may be seen as a downside, I personally like the separation of choice and outcome, as you can be whatever you want; a ruthless Sith enforcer, or a benevolent leader.

Indeed. My only gripe with the SI story is, that I personally feel like the story holds my hand too much. After becoming the enemy of Thanaton it irks me a bit that it seems like you are still being told where to go. This isn't a big issue though, I just wish Bioware had written some more agency into the SI character.

After becoming the enemy of Thanaton it irks me a bit that it seems like you are still being told where to go.

One of the problems is definitely that, even after becoming a Lord, basically your entire course of action is still dictated to you by NPCs and other companions. With the Warrior, this at least makes some sense because you are working under someones orders (Darth Baras and later the Hand), but the Inquisitor is openly defying their superior, yet where to go and what do to isn't something the Inquisitor comes up with.

Four have always drug me back to them.

Putting up spoiler here just because I'm going to actually delve into a couple of these a bit and want to be on the safe side.

Smuggler, largely because it does a pretty good job of making me feel like my character is creating his own criminal empire (can never seem to get myself to go the charming rogue route with this one).

Imperial Agent comes next because... who doesn't like being a secret agent? I'm generally a power fantasy kind of guy (I like stories that build up political/military/economic power kind of thing) and while I didn't get as much of that with the IA, it did a fantastic job of giving choices to my agent, choices that could be acted on, and even showed the man behind the curtain, as it was. What the military was like when it didn't have to beg before Sith or hold up a sense of superiority around outsiders.

Next comes the Warrior. Again this one is about the choices offered and the plentiful options to create your own powerbase. I like the idea that from as early as Korriban, you could already be taking steps to end your master. Plus I fricken love the apprentice and everything that went into that first chapter.

Lastly we have the Inquisitor, whom I like to replay because I'm a masochist. I love the idea of the fantasy here, your a slave that worked your way up to the highest echelons of power within an Empire that initially dismissed you as trash. Yet every step of the way almost feels like a disappointment, almost every piece of our little empire feels like it was just handed away because we killed their boss, rather than through our own cunning. That said, it does make those few instances where we can turn our enemies allies against them, so much more worth while I suppose. (will still never forgive them for not letting me turn Ffon into my own personal slave.) In the end, I replay this one out the futile hope that it will somehow feel better this time, or there was some sort of option I missed that could have turned someone into my pawn/willing devotee.

i would say the bounty hunter even though i have yet to beat it. i have only beaten 2 stories so far though planing to finish the jedi and maybe bounty hunter one day may start the warrior soon but for now i am focused on my jedi.

I keep going back to the Warrior too. It's visceral, and satisfying. Not as well written as the Agent storyline, but it's more directly satisfying, and has a fantastic villain, arguably the best villain in the game in Darth Baras. More, the Warrior has better companions in general, and has the most options romantically (Vette, Jaesa Dark or Jaesa Light).

I once evaluated all the classes, their abilities and stories, and the Warrior was a firm #2 overall. If the Juggernaut's gameplay was better, it might have taken #1 (but the skills are awkward, slow, and don't synergize well, and the class suffers greatly from the ENDLESS stuns, holds, knocks, bumps, blinds, slows, snares, etc.).

• 2 weeks later...

Sith Warrior. No matter how many times I play it I can't get enough of it. From running around the galaxy doing Baras' bidding (somewhat akin to Vader doing Palps' bidding); or choking random suckers that were stupid enough to talk me down. Gets even better when:

Baras betrays you, that's where it REALLY starts to pick up. Kinda ironic that there's a Jugg spec called Vengeance :p

Just finished about my 8th time on each class over the original story. I know that sounds crazy, but I tend to stop at the end of Corellia. I did that chronological planet storyline order post as I love the stories so much.

So I tend to play all 8 together each time. But I am going to differ from many in this post.

The two I least enjoy are the Inquisitor and Trooper. And it is weird reasoning. The Inquisitor due to those missions that glow gold like I am in dreams. Also, all the running back and forth around Dromund Kaas. The Trooper because I have to go back and forth on Coruscant so much especially at the end of Act 2. I know that sounds petty, but I really like the stories otherwise.

My favorites are probably Bounty Hunter and Dark Side Jedi Knight. I enjoy Mako, Gault, Blizz and Skadge. And the lines by a sarcastic knight are just hilarious, even if the companions are just ok. I tend to dig Smuggler and Light Side Agent too due to the Agent companions like Lokin and Temple and the snarky lines by the Smuggler.

Edited by Dawgtide

The Inquisitor due to those missions that glow gold like I am in dreams. Also, all the running back and forth around Dromund Kaas. The Trooper because I have to go back and forth on Coruscant so much especially at the end of Act 2. I know that sounds petty, but I really like the stories otherwise.

In all honesty I sometimes wish there were additional fast travel spots, that you could unlock for continous playthroughs just in general.

I played planetary mission on imp side Corellia a couple of times before I realised that the Tears of Taris have a fast travel spot. It actually makes a difference to your enjoyment as a solo player that you don't have to travel too far between story points like that.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

On the Pub side I would have to say the Smuggler story line. There just so many opportunities to develop that character from light to dark and anywhere in between. My gunslinger is a crime lord and my ruffian is an outlaw.

On the Imp side, I enjoy the Agent story line the best. Having the opportunity for him/her to go rogue at the end just makes it even better. The Bounty Hunter would come in at a close second with the Sith Warrior after that. The Inquisitor is my least favorite on the Imp side and the Trooper is my least favorite on the Pub side.

The Sith Inquisitor is my North Star. Imperfect execution, but thematically an amazing and pretty much unmatched tale at least within the Star Wars universe. It really matches the rhythm of the Sith Code throughout, and unlike the Sith Warrior, there's very little awkwardness stemming from being LS.

Sith Warrior. For all the reasons already mentioned. What makes it even better is how well Warrior's story works in the expansions.

Imperial Agent. Imp Agent has a lot of replay value due to the multiple choice ending.

From Republic classes: Knight. I love Kira and Scourge and how closely the Knights story resembles Revan.

• 4 weeks later...
I repeat all the SIth and Jedi stories but I have not ever completed a story for a non Jedi/Sith because they just don't interest me. They are way too generic. If I wanted a story about a person who shoots a gun I could find a much better RPG elsewhere for that with way better gameplay. The only interesting and unique thing about Star Wars revolves around the Force.

Played both sith classes twice and made a new warrior again, just love the satisfying progression of your character. With the other classes I just don't feel the same sense of starting from nothing and becoming the top dog. I also like the smuggler story for the dialogue and the attitude and the fun scoundrel gameplay. Can say for certain I'm not bothered about playing the consular, trooper or agent stories again but the other I could do again and the sith classes at least another twice each :D