Whats your Powetech Build?

Jutah

Right, I know I'm not even in the game yet, though I will get it at some point (I did per-orderw months ago)

Here's a build I though looked decent and it was close to the build I was using as I leveled.

I only leveled my BH to 15, due to I was trying most classes to see what one I was going, so here it gos.

(PvE) Shield Tech: 31 / Prototype: 8 / Pyrotech: 2

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301G0GrdorogzZMsbZb.1

Pyrotech

Iron Fist: With this build I picked Iron-fist over Integrated Cardio Package, due to keeping threat and having enough mitigation would over-come the loss of 2% or 3% end.

Prototype

Prototype Burn Enhancers: Since a lot of your damage/threat ability's are fire based, going 3/3 in to Burn Enhancers was a no brainier.

Puncture: Well, since rail gun is a useful ability, specially 60% ignoring armor rating, seems to overcome 10 sec reduced cool down, seems to be more useful for pvp for extra CC.

Power Armor: 2% Pure Mitigation, enough side.

Prototype Cylinders: Overall helps your DPS/TPS, specially useful for AoE.

Shield Tech

Combust: Well two of your most used flame ability's giving a debuff to targets to help mitigation by 4%, seems one of the best on tier 1.

Intimidation: 6% for all fire damage, this helps your DPS/TPS, since of course again, most of your ability's are fire based.

Rebraced Armor: 16% Armor rating, yet again migration, a must have.

Steely Resolve: Well, since Aim is one our main stat as a Bounty Hunter, this helps DPS/TPS/Migration, overall a all rounder boost to your Bounty Hunter.

Lon Overload: Helps your Ion damage and places a DoT, useful for TPS/DPS.

Ablative Upgrades: Useful for Shield Absorbing and your cool down on Kolto Overload just makes it even more useful talent, overall good migration again.

Oil Slick: Well a AoE debuff to help migration, would even use on single targets that last longer than 10 secs, since using it on a 1-2 targets wont last long would be useless but for High hitters/defensive/Group Targets/Bosses, this is a must have talent and one of your most using ability's after your snap ability has been used to get threat.

Shield Vents: Well 2% pure Migration and 50% chance to lose heat, a must have ability, even in PvP or PvE.

Flame Shield: Well this helps DPS/TPS and chance to reset Rocket Punch, this will also effect Ion Cylinders, due to Rocket Punch proc'ing Ion Overload.

Ion Screen: More damage migration, a must have!

Supercharged Ion Gas: Overall a TPS/DPS talent.

Flame Sweep: Well more TPS/DPS again.

Jet Charge: Our Charge, this is bloody useful, think of it as Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior Jump, good for loose targets or even chain pulling, also useful if theirs 2 AoE groups, be easier to gather them up.

Empowered Tech: Well a must talent, more pure migration.

Heat Blast: Well by looks of this ability, it will be one of the main used to reduce heat and keep a good amount of TPS, since its fire based, though I'm not sure myself since even got this talent, I have been reading a bit about it that it is a most used ability.

Well this is my build, I'm mostly focused on PvE Tanking, seems BH has alot of AoE ability's, so mite mean they will be the best for Add Control/Multi-tanking, out of the Sith Tanks but i could be wrong, since Assassin/consular seem to have nice aoe ability's.

Standard build and really there is not much you can change about it for PvE. Though hopefully they change Heat Blast to something a little more worthwhile for tanking, make Oil Slick a standard PT ability and give the Shieldtechs something other than a debuff for that slot.

The way BW has made the trees there is just not really a whole lot of room for individuality. Which is fine, individualize yourself on the battlefield not in a tree.

Edited by midnitemonster

I was working on my build and what I have is almost identical to what you post. My only question is why did you not go for Intergrated Cardio Package (3/3 gives +3% endurance). I'd think as a tank you'd want to get the extra health rather than increased damage. I'd assume you are able to hold threat with what you have already. As for what I dropped it was Prototype cylinders and Iron Fists. Build is below.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301G0GrdorogzZMcbZ0c.1

Note: Observations are based on WoW experience.

I was working on my build and what I have is almost identical to what you post. My only question is why did you not go for Intergrated Cardio Package (3/3 gives +3% endurance). I'd think as a tank you'd want to get the extra health rather than increased damage. I'd assume you are able to hold threat with what you have already. As for what I dropped it was Prototype cylinders and Iron Fists. Build is below.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301G0GrdorogzZMcbZ0c.1

Note: Observations are based on WoW experience.

For 3 talent points, there are much better options than the small amount of health you will receive from it.

For 3 talent points, there are much better options than the small amount of health you will receive from it.

The only reason I brought it up was the other options will increase dps/threat, which doesn't seem as important after going through the powertech tree. Survivability even as little as 3% would provide just seemed more ideal. Unless I'm underestimating the amount of threat that will be generated. At which point I could definitely see how 3 points in dps talents would be better.

The OP's build is identical to the one I plan to go with for tanking.

For PvP I plan to go with a hybrid Arsenal/Pyrotech build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301oZMsrrobckZfhrbzh.1

It's proc heavy, but when those procs align it will be amazing.

Rocket Punch will have a 45% chance to reset and trigger a free Rail Shot as well as a 25% chance to make your next Rail Shot crit. Flame Burst will have a 30% chance to reset and trigger a free Rail Shot as well as a 30% chance to make your next Rocket Punch free. Claw has a 25% chance to make your next Rail Shot crit. And when Railshot gets procced by Flame Burst/Rocket Punch it will be dissipating 8 heat.

The build will also have a decent amount of mobility thanks to Hydraulic Overrides. And, when my character does get locked down, I'll be dissipating heat so I can keep attacking.

I think there ends up being a lot of synergy between the abilities in this build, and I look forward to trying it out.

This is the first one I am going to try for PvP.

http://knotor.com/skills#AgMIHwKz09oRKTNCSVFqc4qRmqGqusrS29IA

I think in the end though I will end up being a Shield Tech / Adv Prototype Hybrid.

I like that spec a lot, but i think i might replace the point in 10% less stun damage with the one that gives you 7% health over 10 seconds when you vent heat

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301G0GrdRbogzZrz0MZ0c.1

Like to take the cooldown reduce over -4% Damage. Still thinking about putting the 3 points from the HP-Bonus somewhere else.

You take Rebraced Armor but you don't take Ion Screen ?

+3% endurance is a waste, anything else is better.

The same goes for Steely Resolve, if you are tanking you should not waste points to increase damage output with such low %.

Prototype Burn Enhancers is good but I think you will get more with something else.

8 points "wasted" in my point of view :

Neural Overload/Ion Screen/Puncture/Power Armor/Prototype Cylinders are betters choice, but I'm bias it's my build.

It's the first time I will play a tank, but I think I have to go all in for mitigation, reducing utilities cooldown and such. If my DPS suck, I don't care I have already plenty of tools to generate threat.

I'm level 31 Powertech now. Ive tanked primarily with a prot paladin in wow and now I feel the Powertech is similar with its aoe tanking.

The extra endurance is a waste, we are talking 3%. So for example you have 10,000 you will receive an extra 300 up which is a joke.

The jet charge is never used. You receive sonic dart which does aoe aggro on any second group you need to pick up. Yea it's a cool ability but the points are better spent on damage mitigation like Shield vents and ion screen or some star dps.

Focus on:

damage mitigation and flame bonuse.

Also in pvp the damage reduction is the same as pve. So you are basically indestructible. Just my 2 cents.

The only question I had if given the choice between shield vents or ion screen, which would you choose. I went for ion screen because shield has such a low % to begin with whereas ion screen is a flat 2% Damage reduction.