View Single Post

SpaniardInfinity
02.02.2015 , 07:20 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by mlambros View Post
Is there a translated version of this guide for Mercs?
That I have done, no. However, I am playing my Mercenary as my main now, so I actually had to look up most of the new ability/utility/skill names because I hadn't even leveled my Commando to Level 60. Fortunately, Commando and Mercenary share the same forum now (when I first made this guide they were separate), so I can look into adding the Mercenary "translations" along side the Commando names.

It might take a week or so considering my work schedule, but it should be doable.

Quote: Originally Posted by XxHazenxX View Post
I'm about to finish leveling my merc since he's been sitting around at level 35 for months and months and was wondering if it's viable to level with the Bodyguard discipline. I haven't touched him since way before 3.0, but he was originally intended to be my healer character. Should I level using Arsenal and then switch at 60, or just go with Bodyguard?
For PVP, I always found Bodyguard/Combat Medic healing really unforgiving in the lower and middle PVP brackets. Mostly because of ammo/heat management. I think it's still going to be harsh, at least until Field Triage at Level 40. But to be honest, I haven't gone through the leveling curve as a Bodyguard or Combat Medic since Patch 2.5 (except from Level 55 to 60, obviously), so it may be easier with the changes in the Discipline. I don't know for sure because I haven't done it.

I will say that while leveling between 55 to 60, though, I definitely noticed the cost of Kolto Bomb/Missile. That was one of my most used heals, and now its cost is the same as Advanced Medical Probe/Healing Scan and Medical Probe/Rapid Scan by default. Successive Treatment/Scan takes the edge off, but I still felt the relief when Kolto Bomb/Missile had its cost reduced by 5 at Level 59.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>