Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the ****:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience as we continue to gradually open up new servers for free character transfers. The vast majority of transfers are being completed successfully, but we have discovered a very rare issue that can occur during the transfer process that will require us to perform a brief maintenance tonight from 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST) to 4AM CDT (2AM PDT/5AM EDT/10AM BST/11AM CEST/7PM AEST). The game servers and SWTOR.com will be unavailable during this time. Due to this issue, we will not be opening any new servers today for free character transfers, but rest assured that we will resume tomorrow morning.

For those of you that are currently eligible for character transfers, in order to prevent this rare issue from occurring, please log out of your current game session before you initiate the character transfer process.

Thank you all for your patience, and we look forward to opening more servers for transfers tomorrow!

Way to fail hard, Bioware/EA.

"Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience as we continue to gradually open up new servers for free character transfers. The vast majority of transfers are being completed successfully, but we have discovered a very rare issue that can occur during the transfer process that will require us to perform a brief maintenance tonight from 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST) to 4AM CDT (2AM PDT/5AM EDT/10AM BST/11AM CEST/7PM AEST). The game servers and SWTOR.com will be unavailable during this time. Due to this issue, we will not be opening any new servers today for free character transfers, but rest assured that we will resume tomorrow morning.

For those of you that are currently eligible for character transfers, in order to prevent this rare issue from occurring, please log out of your current game session before you initiate the character transfer process.

Thank you all for your patience, and we look forward to opening more servers for transfers tomorrow! "

Well, can't say that I am surprised by this...

Edited by EATtheDEAD

I know. Well I didn't know about your server of course, but the one's talking dead servers I know. The Razor does NOT need to TRANSFER but to ACCEPT transfers. The max I've EVER waited on REP or IMP side for the 1-49 WZ bracket was 30 min for a queue. The 50 bracket takes anywhere from 1-2 hours but that's because we're a heavy IMP server than a balance.

But seriously, I ALWAYS find groups, FPs, WZs, etc.

We're NOT dead. We're not even that light either. We're NOT standard, but we're closer to standard than A LOT of light servers. I play every single day so I know the averages of our servers. I've actually seen up to 20 people on Tython at one time. Sure, that's low compared to say 50 on Tython on Jedi Cov, but we are NOT a server needing to be an origin.

I see the same thing in Shii-Choo, but we are rep heavy, although we are more light server, since there are some issues with finding groups, mostly guildies. Dunno how many are in starter planets but i dont think is that many. So I will just keep waiting patiently till they decide to give us the oportunity to move to a more populated server

I would do that, but I dont have the money to train that legacy per after pulling out my BM mods to find out they didn't even transfer the set bonus..

No, no. This isn't the companion dance. Go into the game and type /clubdance it's an emote. If you're male, you dance like you're on crack. Females dance all sexy like.

It is unfortunate that such major issues have come up the very year this game launched (then again it has only been half a year since the game was out so what should we expect?). However, the number of people who complained on the first day of character transfers is unreal. Yes there is a major server population problem, but it's not going to kill any of you to wait a while for them to fix the problems. If you're to impatient to wait then quit the game already and if anything come back when the problems cease. My suggestions while you wait: Play another game, and if you don't have any other games, then either go online and play some mini games for free, buy a new game (diablo 3), or go outside and enjoy Summer. (or.. just watch tv)

When you are someone who raids and your pool of player is... nobody you cannot simply be "patient" and wait because it drags on everyone to not be able to do the current content when you can't raid because one person misses the raid and you can't recruit on the server because... nobody plays on the server.

It has nothing to do with enjoying other stuff because we all already have other activities, and we've mostly all been raiding together for years now and it's just not making things fun to wait and wait and especially the way they are doing the transfer to transfer server on a 1:1 basis...

So how many servers were transfered over today before they had to call a stop and schedule a maintenance break for tomorrow? Did they managed any more than the initial 10 or whatever? Edited by Jasonito

• Dev Post
We know that everyone is eager for us to continue making more servers eligible for transfer, and we appreciate your patience. It is important that we fix the issue we've encountered - even though it is rare, we need to ensure smooth transfers. We'll continue making new servers eligible tomorrow morning and on a continuing basis, so if your server isn't listed, please keep checking the list periodically for updates (starting tomorrow morning). As we go forward, we'll let you know as much as we can about when we'll be making new servers eligible.

Are people on these forums so small minded?

No duh Sherlocks that only X servers are available for the moment, take some time out of yoru lives (you obvious do with all the complaining on these forums) and READ :eek: . We were all told that only select servers at a controlled time will be opened for transfers so Bioware doesn't make the same mistakes twice.

Learn to wait. You waiting this long, what is prevent you people form waiting a little longer. OR would you rather have mroe problems occur (though you people complain about ANYTHING now a days it seems) ?

Although I have no need to transfer at the moment I thank you Bioware anyway for this, because God only knows you deserve some positive feedback for taking all this crap sinse launch.

My 2 cents

Edited by Eillack

We know that everyone is eager for us to continue making more servers eligible for transfer, and we appreciate your patience. It is important that we fix the issue we've encountered - even though it is rare, we need to ensure smooth transfers. We'll continue making new servers eligible tomorrow morning and on a continuing basis, so if your server isn't listed, please keep checking the list periodically for updates (starting tomorrow morning). As we go forward, we'll let you know as much as we can about when we'll be making new servers eligible.

It's a shame that an amateur dev team is causing a nice person like you to work so hard. Thank you for your communication, i would have left your employer by now. You have strong patience.