Slowest MMO XP on the market.... pls increase xp for leveling

cohmwk

Guys, I'm a veteran of several MMO's in the last 10 years and I have to tell you... leveling in Star Wars is brutal.

Seriously guys, I love the game and think its one of the best MMO's in the last 10 years and once the new Star Wars movies hit, you guys are going to get a nice boost to membership numbers but...

pls for the love of all that is good in MMO's.... increase the xp, its the primary reason I don't play as much as I would like to, it just seems like forever to level. I'm in a guild on my characters, paying subscriber and use the xp buffs when I can but man just seems really sloooooowwww.......

Don't want to unsub cause I really do love to log in and play from time to time but thinking of either renewing my sub with WOW or going to Wildstar once I see the reviews.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this game has faster leveling than pretty much any MMO that isn't Post-Cataclysm WoW.

It's about 3-4x as quick as Vanilla WoW. And about 2-3x as much as BC and WotLK WoW.

WoW has just been casualized and made easier to level in, because Blizzard wants more people to experience high level content.

Back when BC was first out, it could take a solid 250+ hours of play to hit level 70. I can hit level 55 in about 60-70 hours doing quests, or about 45-50 doing Kuat Driveyards with XP boosts and legacy XP.

I'm not sure about Wildstar, but isn't that a Korean MMO, which are notorious for huge grinds?

You have got to be kidding. This is the easiest MMO ever to level in, not to mention, the easiest to actually play also.

Oh for the days when death meant death and you had to run back to your gravestone to save a portion of your lost exp. Certainly would get rid of the "entitled crowd" littering the current crop of MMOs.

Obvious troll is obvious.

You get Bonus XP for almost everything such as:

• Being in a guild
  • Boost items
  • Double XP weekends (which also stack with boost items)
  • Doing things in groups

Thankfully, even if this is a real complaint, it's one of the first I've seen complaining that leveling is too slow. There have been many posts asking for slower leveling and a way to turn off XP gain altogether.

Just wait for the instant-55-IWIN Cartel Item coming up soon but, dang, you're probably too impatient for that also. Oh well, go play something else then if this isn't your scene.

PS - Since you also rarely play at all I'd rather you not even get to 55 cuz you'll have no idea what to even do if you haven't been, you know, playing and learning as you go. Worst thing in the world for any game would be to have someone go from level 1-MAX in 3 days with no idea how to actually play.

Edited by PetFish

*cough* Korean MMOs *cough*

More seriously, what makes levelling look long, is dialogues. Otherwise, it doesn't seem especially slow. When doing dailies (50+) which have no cutscenes, the levelling pace is incredibly faster, you feel almost like cheating.

Well, you are mostly only going to get people telling you how super fast leveling here is. Then someone will say "entitled".

People mostly post only to disagree.

Apparently KDY is the fast leveling way right now. I just leveled through PVP and space missions, and tried KDY. It did feel pretty fast, if full of a lot of what might be called trash monsters. So you could try that for a bit.

Is this for real? 10 years of mmo's and this is the slowest? >.>

Does 10 years of playing WoW count? In which case he might be for real.

Otherwise... not so much. (and the first years of WoW probably had a similar leveling speed as SWTOR)

Slowest my pasty white butt. Only reason I didn't have a level 50 within the first couple months-and I was here DAY ONE-is cause I was too busy making chars in the other storylines and loving it. And since I do lots of sidequests, FFS, most of the game I'm usually running 5 odd levels above the average content. Hell, half the time I didn't really wanna run alts during the 2x weekends cause it felt like I became obscenely overleveled. But thats my opinion, I could be wrong.

Guys, I'm a veteran of several MMO's in the last 10 years and I have to tell you... leveling in Star Wars is brutal.

Seriously guys, I love the game and think its one of the best MMO's in the last 10 years and once the new Star Wars movies hit, you guys are going to get a nice boost to membership numbers but...

pls for the love of all that is good in MMO's.... increase the xp, its the primary reason I don't play as much as I would like to, it just seems like forever to level. I'm in a guild on my characters, paying subscriber and use the xp buffs when I can but man just seems really sloooooowwww.......

Don't want to unsub cause I really do love to log in and play from time to time but thinking of either renewing my sub with WOW or going to Wildstar once I see the reviews.

Vanilla WoW took more than 5 times longer to level than star wars. And honestly SWTOR is pretty fast if you farm the right things, only takes ~15 hours of grind game time to go from 1-50 and another 2 or 3 raids to get you to 55.

I mean if you really want to be mad about this game's leveling curve you should have tried Runescape....

92-99 same exp as 1-92... 98-99 same as 1-75. O and exp rates in the 10k /hr range for years on skills that need 13.1m to get to 99. And did I mention you have 20+ skills to level?

Does 10 years of playing WoW count? In which case he might be for real.

Otherwise... not so much. (and the first years of WoW probably had a similar leveling speed as SWTOR)

Well he certainly never played vanilla Aion.

Well, you are mostly only going to get people telling you how super fast leveling here is. Then someone will say "entitled".

I'm curious, do you agree with the OP, that leveling in TOR is "brutal" and worse than other MMOs in the last 10 years?

Or are you here just to complain about the people that disagreed with him?

Edited by Khevar

I'm curious, do you agree with the OP, that leveling in TOR is "brutal" and worse than other MMOs in the last 10 years?

Or are you here just to complain about the people that disagreed with him?

Neither. Just telling him he was in for a lot of disagreement.

My post was as much a complaint as yours was.

Obvious troll is obvious.

You get Bonus XP for almost everything such as:

• Being in a guild
  • Boost items
  • Double XP weekends (which also stack with boost items)
  • Doing things in groups

Thankfully, even if this is a real complaint, it's one of the first I've seen complaining that leveling is too slow. There have been many posts asking for slower leveling and a way to turn off XP gain altogether.

Just wait for the instant-55-IWIN Cartel Item coming up soon but, dang, you're probably too impatient for that also. Oh well, go play something else then if this isn't your scene.

PS - Since you also rarely play at all I'd rather you not even get to 55 cuz you'll have no idea what to even do if you haven't been, you know, playing and learning as you go. Worst thing in the world for any game would be to have someone go from level 1-MAX in 3 days with no idea how to actually play.

Obvious Ninja is ninja. 10\10 you ninja'd my post exactly as I would have posted it.

I always try to be a whole planet ahead when playing as a RP. I'm a 38 and heading into hoth, I have some flash points to do. Flash points are by far the best way to level IMO because 1 it's fun, you gain easy XP, it's rarely frustrating, most of the time, but I find then fun and enjoyable.

you know i would totally agree with you if you said you were a free to play person but just subbed so you could post this, kuz free to play leveling IS super slow.. But seeing as how you are a sub then i have no freakin clue as to what you are talking about. wow is slower than this game in leveling. With no guild bufs and only using the general xp bonus i can usually go up two levels in one hour and that's just doing regular class quests and planet fluff quests. granted i do have the first two levels of the exploration xp bonus unlocked on all my toons but thats not adding much.

p.s. wildstar is awesome much better than wow and much better than this game.

My post was as much a complaint as yours was.

So everybody else posts mainly to disagree, but you post mainly to complain?

To the OP:

What level are you? On my first toon, level 30-40 seemed slow. I believe this is due to the fact that around that time, how the class plays changes. For many specs, that is the first time signature abilities are unlocked (e.g. Precision Slash, Barrage, Emergency Medpack, etc), that really affect how the class plays. If you don't master those, it takes much longer to kill the mobs, extending the grind.

Remember that most of your xp comes for turning in quests, as opposed to killing mobs.

Edited by Khevar

Is this for real? 10 years of mmo's and this is the slowest? >.>

No, it has to be a troll post, don't feed the trolls please. They always come back for more :p

I've played many MMOs including WoW since release. SWTOR is the fastest leveling (and probably the best) experience of them all. Heck, it took me longer to go from 85 to 90 in WoW when MoP released that it did to get to 50 in SWTOR.