You claim this is star wars but where is luke and leia.

ryangeorge

this game claims to be star wars universe yet the star players of the team (luke and leia) are nowhere to be found in the starting zones. i understand this is launch but it should have been biowares top priority to include the most marketable characters in the star wars universe, if anyone shars my anger please post your thoughts.

Well since this is 3000 years BEFORE the Star Wars movies, it would be a bit difficult to have Luke and Leia in the game. Seriously, have you been living under a rock, and paid NO attention to the information about TOR? Did you never hear of the Knights of the Old Republic games?

On the off chance that you're not a troll, be aware that this takes place long, long before the events in the Star Wars movies. (More than 3,000 years before.) Bioware developed this historical universe for the "Knights of the Old Republic" series of games.

The enabling idea is that technology pretty much hit its peak tens of thousands of years before the events of the Star Wars movies. Refinements have happened, technologies have been forgotten and rediscovered, but their basic scientific understanding of the physical universe has been stagnant for a very, very long time. Sooo... These ancient people had pretty much the same science - and the same problems - as the people we were introduced to in Star Wars. This allows interesting stories to be told in a universe both new and familiar to Star Wars fans.

Worked for me.

Edit: Got pulled away while writing this and I see that others have taken the mantle of explaining as well. Yay!

Edited by YetiChick

this game claims to be star wars universe yet the star players of the team (luke and leia) are nowhere to be found in the starting zones. i understand this is launch but it should have been biowares top priority to include the most marketable characters in the star wars universe, if anyone shars my anger please post your thoughts.

No...

YOU ARE NOT A STAR WARS FAN. If you dont understand the LORE then you shouldn't be playing.