A little concerned, need some feedback please...

Thuull

Okay, so I'm a little concerned and wanted to check with you guys to see if this happened to anyone else.

I've been leveling as shield tech, and loving it. Don't kill things super fast, but I tank like a fiend. I've got 3 of the pieces from Hammer Station, and generally good gear overall. I have historically been easily able to take multiple (3+) strong mobs simultaneously without any issue whatsoever.

Last night before server maintenance, I finished up with Nar Shaddaa, and went to go do the Great Hunt quest between there and the next quest hub (Tatooine/Aldaraan).

Suddenly, I'm really struggling to stay alive during fights, and have actually died a couple of times.

The *only* things that have "changed" are my switch to Tatooine, and the server maintenance last night.

I'm level 24...before I left Nar Shaddaa, I was killing mobs around level 22-24. Now I'm facing mobs that are all 24...and they're hurting me.

So my question for you guys...are the jumps from one story area to the next that incredibly different in mob strength even though the levels are about the same, or did they do something during maintenance last night that changed us?

Thanks in advance,

Thuull

So my question for you guys...are the jumps from one story area to the next that incredibly different in mob strength even though the levels are about the same, or did they do something during maintenance last night that changed us?

Thanks in advance,

Thuull

Yes, increases of the challenge faces by many player as level increases. Higher challenge for player of higher level, much challenge have to 40 level player, upward.

Yes, increases of the challenge faces by many player as level increases. Higher challenge for player of higher level, much challenge have to 40 level player, upward.

Sure, and that makes sense. I was expecting it a bit more gradually though.

This was a very severe difference...going from Mako's heals keeping me topped off at full health almost 100% of the time, to outright dying if I happen to pull 2 "strong" equal level mobs at the same time.

The mobs that I had no issue with in the last zone were lvl 22-24...the mobs that are killing me now are all level 24.

The difference was severe enough to question if something happened in the patch last night, or if this huge difference from zone to zone is well known already (and doesn't necessarily reflect a big difference in level of the mobs in question, just what zone they're in).

Thanks!

It's not necessarily anything particularly wrong with your gear if its scaling up as you get new pieces. Generally each planet has a level range of mobs and a certain difficulty. Each new planet you visit along the quest line does get considerably tougher a level 24 mob on Nar Shadda is infact weaker than a level 24 mob on Tattoine although they are the same level its the low end of those mobs on new planet. A weak normal 24 on Tattoine would almost be consider a strong on Nar Shadda. So just take that into consideration when switching planets to be cautious at first and see how things go before jumping into the fray taking on big groups.

I am finding some of the same problems happening to me. Personally I think it is Mako's gear scaling because he 3 second cast heal only heals for about 3% of my HP and her dot only gives about 0.5%. I try to keep her gear updated and mine, but it is becoming quite the credit sink.

Perhaps she was balanced with tanking in mind, that is my only logical conclusion for that. Because I was having trouble killing mobs on my class quest alone.

This is great to hear, im on Balmorra at the momment and honestly the difficulty until now was a joke, have to really push it to get in trouble. Another problem is that you overlevel content, if you do some FP and WZ. I'm now thinking of finishing only the StoryQuest on Ballmorra because im already 20.

Okay, came back to revisit this and update.

I' spent the past day of playing (probably about 4-5 hours total) with the knowledge that I need to get a bit tougher before continuing on with the quest-line.

I went back to Nar Shaddaa and spent my left over commendations on a head slot upgrade, and solo'd the Heroic quests that I skipped...got some nice stuff from those that I had "missed out on". I then hit the global market and dropped about 10k credits on upgrades of other weak slots I had on Mako and myself.

Then I re-evaluated my combat priority lists to focus a bit more on damage. Being a tank spec, I was relying largely on my ability to stay alive with Mako's heals and simply outlasting my opponents, not worrying all that much about damage output, just widdling them down. With that no longer being a good option, I added more focus on to DPS and am now balancing the two.

I went back this morning and played for about 2 more hours...back on Tattooine, back on my quest-line.

I'm here to report that the efforts paid off nicely...I am back to being able to solo the quest line quite nicely. It's not the faceroll it was before Tatooine, but it is completely doable albeit a little bit slower than it used to be.

And I do enjoy it, now that I no longer have the faceroll. I have to think about the engagements, and execute them well...that is a fantastic sign for later in the game. Like one poster above me pointed out, this is a good thing. Won't get bored.

Cheers!

Thuull

Overlvling before going to the "next area" have been a must for me in many previous mmorpgs, in this case you got the options of PVPing a little every night before going to sleep, doing some operations and so, mainly staying 1 or 2 lvls over the average lvl of the area make everything easier and faster.

Its always better to farm a little bit after each quest line if you find a good area of easy mobs than having to resurrect or ask for help in the middle of a hard heroic.

And time is money friend !