Combat medics(choice of weapon)

toesterman

Often, i get ******* on by other players because i dont use an assault cannon, rather a blaster rifle for healing. Are there any proven facts that i get less heals using a blaster rifle than an assault cannon? I took all the mods from my weapon, switched over to an assault cannon and seen NO changes in bonus healing done, but the damage and primary changed. I know for a FACT that it affects your DPS, so whats the problem?

Your choice of weapon has no impact on your healing, or on the damage done by your tech attacks. The only thing it will affect is the damage done by your ranged attacks, and your ability to use charged bolts and hail of bolts - sometimes useful depending on what content you're doingl, but not specifically related to healing.

If you're getting complaints about using a rifle, I suspect the problem is that people are uninformed morons.

Edited by Bleeters

If you're getting complaints about using a rifle, I suspect the problem is that people are uninformed morons.

This. I switched my WH mods into a rifle just so people don't see me carrying an underslung rocket pwnage launcher in PVP. I like to think it buys me a couple extra seconds of casting but it could be just a sugar pill >.>

Often, i get ******* on by other players because i dont use an assault cannon, rather a blaster rifle for healing. Are there any proven facts that i get less heals using a blaster rifle than an assault cannon? I took all the mods from my weapon, switched over to an assault cannon and seen NO changes in bonus healing done, but the damage and primary changed. I know for a FACT that it affects your DPS, so whats the problem?

Hail of bolts is massively important in WZs to prevent caps. Not being able to use it is severely gimping yourself.

There's no reason to use a rifle. It's not like people aren't going to leave you alone because they think your a vanguard. The green beam of light will give you away instantly.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but it's kinda related.

Is there an Assault Cannon not outrageously huge ? My combat medic is body type 2 so she looks a bit silly with such a weapon, but I don't want to switch to a rifle (well, I do, but at the same time I don't, lol )

I remember a while ago someone posted a thread with all/most assault cannons available in the game with pictures (not the Compendium thread ), but I can't find it.

This thread is very simple to stop. Does a rifle affect how well you heal? No.

Would it affect my decision to bring you into a rated's group? Absolutely.

The reason? Any healer that doesn't take downtime in healing to persue objectives or DPS opponents is a worthless member of my team. You remove a zero cool-down AOE from your abilities, immensely useful in most territory capping WZ's. Not having charged bolts to spam when supercharged cells is up is a waste of free dps and is an incredibly useful way to pressure an enemy healer.

Maybe if there was an actual reason for taking the rifle other than you think you get hit less I would think differently. Unfortunatly that isnt the case. The second you throw a Kolto grenade they know what you are.

You can use whatever you want as your weapon but just know that any and all criticism you take by others is justified.

/thread