Remake of the older (4-6) movies?

info_man

I always get alot of different answers and alot of passion on this question, so I thought I'd post it here.

What would you think if they made a true remake of the older Star Wars movies? When I say remake of course, I mean a new movie...not added effects or edits like it was done in the past.

Personally, I normally hate...HATE...remakes. However one series I believed should have a remake over any series was starwars...a movie based off technology more or less.

Also please dont get me wrong. I think the movies were great for its time...I do. However now, I just can't sit through them.

My reasons for a remake.

1. The technology is old to the point of greatly hindering the purpose of many of scenes and over all theme.

2. Kind of similar to two, the battles look horrible due to the technology in which its made. For example Luke and Vadar fight as one of the two most powerful force users there are...and they swing their swords around slow and sloppy. Yet while Vadar was a young padawan, he was jumping around like an insane maniac destroying everything in his path along with every other jedi. Granted he has some robotic limbs now, that doesnt excuse all of it.

This ontop of large scale combat would be amazing now compared to then.

3. To me, and this is where it gets really debated, the actors can all easily be replaced...with the exception of ford, although quite honestly theres a few actors now at his age then who can pull it off. I for one did not like Lukes actor. Looked and acted just a little too weak even at the end.

In closing have you ever tried to watch the first three...then watch the second three? I can't do it. Doesn't make sense when I think about half the stuff going on due to the old technology.

Granted I'd much rather have a movie based off TOR but a remake of these old movies would be fantastic as well.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh! You know why he waited for the prequals? So he could put the crappy battle droids in. And Jar-jar. We waited 20 years.....so we wouldn't have to miss Jar-jar.

Luke and Vader didn't need to jump around, they were so powerful they just walked up and killed whoever got in their way, no need for silly tricks. All those spinning back flips make you a good cheerleader I guess, but when you are in a sword fight taking your eyes of your enemy for a split second equals instant death.

Luke and Vader's fight was the only realistic fight in the entire series. All the oriental "martial arts" look nice...but there is a reason Europe dominated china. There is a reason the cage fighters concentrate on boxing and greko-roman wrestling. All the flipping around, twirling ninja stuff, and ultra-light swords will get you insta-dead when you meet a broadsword.

Have you ever seen what happens to remakes, classic films that are just never the same.

Get Carter, Original ..Clasic ... Remake ...Rubbish

Italian Job, Original ..Clasic ... Remake ...Rubbish

OMEN Original ..Clasic ... Remake ...Rubbish

The list goes on, of course there have been remakes of faield films that have become better, but Star Wars wasnt a failed film.

I wouldn't want a remake of 4-6. However, I read a fanbased script that picks up from Episode 6 and continues 7-9. Took me a few days but good god it was phenomenal in my opinion. Where he took the Republic, the technology etc.

There was a big spat over it as it was "rumored" that it was actually a Lucas movie script idea for 3 more episodes. Sadly, it proved to only be fan based and Lucas himself said he was done with making Star Wars movies.

/cry

no

And it's not my problem you didn't like Mark Hamill, like hell some punk can replace him, go watch Clone Wars or something.

Alec Guiness is irreplaceable(through Ewan Mcgreggor made a *********** A job doing his younger version.), Ford, Carrie, Ian Mcdiarmid even Billy Dee Williams and Cushing which aren't the most recognized faces in there. I wouldn't trade those movies for anything, the only thing I could go with is a digitized or 3d version(preferably not as cartoonized as Clone Wars) and it would still not replace the trilogy.

There are A LOT of things that could be done to the original Star Wars..

Does anyone actually trust them to be remade? No.

Not. One. Bit.

The special effects were GREAT for 1, 2, and 3.....

Now stop and think for a second....

4, 5, and 6 COULD NOT be remade without further butchering what GL didn't care to butcher (or put forethought into) in the first place...

Are Storm Troopers clones or not?

Originally, they weren't.

During the prequels they were..

Now? They're both..

That is just one example, one SMALL and not as significant example that means there needed to be A LOT more forethought put into the franchise.

The story is powerful, Anakin is annoying, Star Wars is amazing.

Do I want George Lucas to do anymore Star Wars things?

No.

Do I want George Lucas to stop saying he is going to retire and do it?

Yes.

Do I want someone that actually has talent (and not just money), someone that actually WROTE Star Wars books to pick it up?

Definitely......

Edited by Zamm

No....no...just. NO

Now Lucas needs to just stop being a stupid freaking idiot for once in his dang life and sell the rights so we can get a Darth Bane movie or something.

Edited by Jaick

No....no...just. NO

Now Lucas needs to just stop being a stupid freaking idiot for once in his dang life and sell the rights so we can get a Darth Bane movie or something.

If I could thumbs up this... ):

Drew Karpyshyn...

It is time to find your own apprentice and defeat George Lucas!!!

We NEED to see Bane on the big screen ):

Personally, I would want a remake of 1-3 into coherent sequals, and plots THAT ACTUALLY MAKE SENSE AND MAKE US LOVE THE CHARACTERS.

Go watch Plinkett's youtube reviews of the first three (1-3) movies and you will see what I'm talking about. 1-3 are filled with more plot holes and bad writing than Swiss Cheese.

Personally, I would want a remake of 1-3 into coherent sequals, and plots THAT ACTUALLY MAKE SENSE AND MAKE US LOVE THE CHARACTERS.

Go watch Plinkett's youtube reviews of the first three (1-3) movies and you will see what I'm talking about. 1-3 are filled with more plot holes and bad writing than Swiss Cheese.

Yeah, I'd like to see 1-3 remade. sorta the way highlander 2 was remade into a coherent film years after release.

I'd rather make a remake of 1-3 parts, cos comparing to the 4,5,6 they were awful. But what I really would love to see is some side episode (or several episodes) about Han Solo adventures without any jedis or siths, yes I know they are basically the hallmark of the entire SW series but that's actually the weakness of the films, too much emphasise on this kid stuff like ''force, destiny, dark side'' and other stupid bla bla bla and not much discovering of the details in the SW world. Though in 4,5,6 parts this child stuff was rather tolerable but in 1,2,3 it became extermly annoying and breaking all the limits and the dialogues became excessively primitive. It's a sci-fi world above all, not some dull fantasy with swords, dragons and elves. So making some side episodes without it would be really great. Han Solo travels obviously are no feasible to create already and the boat has been missed since Harrison Ford is too old, but they could come up with some other ideas. Edited by Trollmarine

Definently not, what people seem to forget is that while the originals were known for their special effects, the digital special effects of this age, is not what made star wars.

It was the painstaking amount of effort the original crew went to making models/creating the effects to achieve such a visually impressive movie. Along with the typical romanticised hero sci-fi story.

Also, no one can replace Porkins.

Vader & Obi fight in ANH had waaay more emotion/depth/storyto it than the entire figh tin ROTS had.. TBH I got tired of the fight between Anakin & Obi in ROTS after they started swinging on those lines and fought.

Remaking the old movies would be the dumbest thing that can happen to the saga, Should not ruin the saga just because Revan fanboys are trying to make him seem powerful, As I said we have the loyal movie fans to defend the movies honor and plenty of books.

There are A LOT of things that could be done to the original Star Wars..

Does anyone actually trust them to be remade? No.

Not. One. Bit.

The special effects were GREAT for 1, 2, and 3.....

Now stop and think for a second....

4, 5, and 6 COULD NOT be remade without further butchering what GL didn't care to butcher (or put forethought into) in the first place...

Are Storm Troopers clones or not?

Originally, they weren't.

During the prequels they were..

Now? They're both..

That is just one example, one SMALL and not as significant example that means there needed to be A LOT more forethought put into the franchise.

Yeah there is so much more... Leia saying that she remembered her mother when she was young even though in the prequels she died at childbirth or the Force being medichlorians, if the force are just some bacterias in your blood then Yodas speech in part two makes no sense and how do they become ghosts, when they died their bacterias died with them.

Or that Darth Vader does not know Tatooine even though he spent his childhood there as a slave or that he doesn´t recognize R2D2 and C3PO even though he build C3PO himself and so much more stuff that doesn´t fit.

Please don´t butcher the original three movies just because of this stupid prequels.

I said it before, i say it again, George Lucas is the Vince Russo of movie making... he has a lot of really good and a lot of really bad ideas and needs someone who filters his output. That was the case in the original movies and wasn´t the case in the prequels.