hacks are out of control

VLAHD

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have a question, In a Civil war map last night i went to go right,(from the pub side), and block or cap the right node. Now after gettting to the ground and as i was turning the corner and got view of the node there was an inquisitor just getting to the node and started to click. I am a combat spec sent, I used transcendance and every other time they have been about halfway, by the time i get into view of the node. I know that imps have a closer advantage to that side just like we have the advantage on the other side. But I have never seen them on the node so quick. Any suggestions on if it was a minor speed hack. Now keep in mind it was only him at the node. Even with trance., and the speed boost sorcs have, could they get there that fast? Edited by Kahndraga

I know this has been said a million times!!!!!

1. Break up the ques and put the premades in were they are supposed to be...in the raided...dont give me that crap about long premade que times...if all the premades were where they are supposed to be, the ques would be shorter.

2. When are you going to install a warden program to catch the hacks? they are out of control....we haxs cookies and yes are out of control on the harbringer...if you arent smart enough to make it on your own, buy the royalties from WoW and get it moving pls.

You are hemoraging your subing players...pvp is still dieing...hackers never get perma banned...guess its time for all of us to start hacking to make it fair again.

It is so cute when morons attempt to seem intelligent by calling someone else dumb.

hackers never get perma banned

You have video evidence of this hacking? And you sent said evidence to BW?

I have seen the Speed Hack three times, but that was just before and after 1.4. Haven't seen it since. In fact, many of the sites with information on hacks state that many of the hacks were squashed sometime mid-1.4.

I have witnessed stealth caps on Voidstar, but that's not a hack. It's an exploit that BW can't seem to fix for some reason, and it's not really easy to accomplish anyway.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Do you have any proof because I don't see any? All the people on here complaining about hacks, yet they can't even show a video or a screenshot of some sort.

This guy probably gets beat down all the time on his server. Furthermore, he probably doesn't understand the mechanics of the game. Here is some advice.... Get your own premade and open up to people. It's an MMO. It's ment to be played with others. If you want to play by yourself, go buy elder scolls or something. Most importantly, L2P the game.

LIfe isn't fair, some of the people you game with are going to be better than you. Accept that, and you'll never be upset about playing an online game again.

Funny man I once wrote a post that sounded just like that and the game I recommended was also elder scrolls. LOL

I saw some things during my pvp "carier" that look weird at some standpoint. But most of them are easily explained if you look for explanation in class abilities, not in magic hacks.

I'm not so experienced in pvp, have 1 wh toon dps sorcerer. Although i have another toons to understand their abilities.

The only thing i didn't find explanation except it is a bug. Well, it's not a hack since it happened to me personally only once.

Voidstar: we attack and the battle is near the last doors, defenders got there right in time before we capped and focused me different stuns/pushes after which i found myself stuck in the door. It was evident that no one could attack me directly and i was able to plant the bomb 100% (tried and cancelled in 1-2secs). I didn't though, i found it unfair and just didn't wanna be acused in hacking.

And that's definitely bug. And yeah, some people are too fast to name hackers in cases when fully min/maxed player/group rips them apart.

Hacker #1: Seen by multiple people capping a node in Civil War from stealth. Offending player was banned within 24 hours, never to be seen again.

Hacker #2: "Glitching" aka speed hacking via NetLimiter in Huttball. Offending player was banned within 24 hours, never to be seen again.

Those are the only 2 confirmed hackers I've ever heard of on my server. There are rumors of others of course, and I've seen vids of other suspicious activities by an entire guild on my server, and they've had players banned in the past. Hacking does not run rampant in TOR. I'm sure not everyone gets caught, but I'm also sure it's not as bad as people make it out to be, either.

At first you see one cockroach then you see a few more by the time you realize you have an infestation on your hands it is too late to do anything about it.

YEAH! And <Full Resolve> and <Goof Troop> and <The Agency> and <COVENANT> and <Ascendancy> and especially <Deadweight> oh wait...

Or maybe you should post this in server specific forums, or not at all...

Only hacks I've ever "seen" is lag switches, and you know, it could just be actual lag...

I agree since about late summer the number of speed hackers / other stuff has been near non-existent.

I agree that lag switching seems to be the most prevalent atm.

Yes it could be regular lag, however always seems strange that the lag can occur when it benefits the other team at just the right moments.

There was a guy at launch on Crevasse City, a Merc I think, could could run across the warzone in like 3 seconds. He was easy to kill IF you could catch him, but that was the tricky part. PITA in Huttball! He disappeared about a week afterwards.

One time I got a Voidstar stealth capper at a door I was fighting 8 feet away from. Now I'm paranoid to ever be more than 2 feet away from it.

The other night in Huttball, my teammate had the ball, and got friendly pulled by a Sorc on our team. When that happened, the enemy Jug standing next to him somehow stole the ball from him. I was literally right there, saw it happen right in front of me. Not sure it might have been some sort of glitch or what.

Those are pretty much the only notable things I've seen. Certainly not an epidemic.

Edited by Arlanon

I know this has been said a million times!!!!!

guess its time for all of us to start hacking to make it fair again.

I <3 these topics. I still get accused of hacking every few days. It's always some random guy who doesn't understand how he lost a warzone. I try to hug it out and talk about the tactics that were used but it doesn't seem to help. :(

OP, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I have a sinking suspicion that even if you did use a hack you'd still lose in warzones.. and then what would you do?:)

I <3 these topics. I still get accused of hacking every few days. It's always some random guy who doesn't understand how he lost a warzone. I try to hug it out and talk about the tactics that were used but it doesn't seem to help. :(

There hasn't been a day this past week where I haven't been asked how I or someone else magically regained all their HP during a fight. My reply is always the same: Which class? Their reply is also the same: Guardian/Jug

Well, that settles that.

I've seen about 4 different hacks in my total time playing this game. Those players were perma-banned not too long after they were reported. Ironically, they all said this game was bad on their friends' forum accounts. Guess a game where you cheat to win = good.

That said, what exactly is happening that makes you think they are cheating?