Darth Plagueis book

I don't think it was boring that's for sure. If you think Plagueis was boring then I'm gonna assume you haven't read many SW books. Of course I enjoy the politics, scheming and character building conversations in books rather then action scene after action scene. Written action is usually dull as bricks unless its stuffed full of extra details like good dialog or internal thoughts of the characters participating in it to the point the action itself is just the outline of the picture being drawn in your head. So if by boring you mean not enough action then I would laugh pompously at you. ;p

It's a masterpiece, in my opinion, easily my favorite Star Wars book of all time. The author somehow managed to weave the befuddled and nonsensical plot of Episode I into a rich and compelling narrative that gives a lot of background on the characters that did not appear in the films (and more importantly, helping us better understand some of the ones that did).

If you didn't enjoy it, I would suggest reading the Darth Bane trilogy first. Not only is it more action-packed but gives you t he context and origin of the Rule of Two which makes reading Darth Plagueis even more of a nerdgasm.

I agree with what everyone else has said, (apart from you OP *stern gaze*) it's fantastically written and engaging to the very end. I can imagine you found it boring because it wasn't your typical action packed novel, however as others have said its nice to have a blend and show that Star Wars can actually be intellectual.

Altogether one of the best Star Wars novels I've read, up there with the Bane Trilogy - which you might find more enjoyable if you haven't read it already.

I loved this book and the back stories it provided for Plagueis, Sidious, Maul, Dooku and a bit about Qui Gon Jinn. On a side note I liked how it talked about Dooku's connection to Jango Fett and Komari Vosa and the Bando Gora. Komari Vosa and the Bando Gora were the principal villains in the SW game Bounty Hunter back in the day. Edited by Tomb-Stone

I picked up a free audio copy of Deceived a while back and after two chapters I quit and just got the book. Idk I get too ADD when I just try to sit and listen to it.

Well, that and the narrator did the worst impression of a female twilek I've ever heard. Idk why he even tried, it was laughably terrible.

Edited by Doctoglethorpe

I find the original poster's comment to be completely laughable, to say the least. The book was engaging from start to finish, and makes EP I epic. It's my belief that everyone who's seen EP I SHOULD read this book.:rak_wink:
Lol, I love how nobody agrees with the OP. Different stroke for different folks I guess. :p

Darth Plagueis was an excellent book, certainly worthy of Star Wars. The writing was superb and greatly expanded our knowledge of Darth Plagueis and Palpatine.

Certainly the book sits amongst the masterpieces that Star Wars has produced.

Altogether one of the best Star Wars novels I've read, up there with the Bane Trilogy - which you might find more enjoyable if you haven't read it already.

The Bane Trilogy was superb. Comparing Drew Karpyshyn's most recent works (you know the one) to the Bane Trilogy and KOTOR, it's as if they were writting by a completely different person.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Bane Trilogy and Darth Plagueis.

The Bane Trilogy was superb. Comparing Drew Karpyshyn's most recent works (you know the one) to the Bane Trilogy and KOTOR, it's as if they were writting by a completely different person.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Bane Trilogy and Darth Plagueis.

Indeed, while the quality of writing is fairly similar, the story quality just doesn't match up.

Indeed, while the quality of writing is fairly similar, the story quality just doesn't match up.

Eh, I don't know. Comparing Revan to the Bane Trilogy, the writing in the Bane Trilogy is much better. Or perhaps that is just the benefit of actually having a great story, whereas Revan was not even decent.

Well I shouldn't say that. As a stand alone book, Revan is decent. But in the context of a greater universe, it is not close. At least when you compare it to the masterpieces that authors have written for Star Wars.

I've actually been thinking of making a thread to discuss the Revan novel. It's not a good idea, I think.

I have two major issues regarding the book. I'll think on it some more, but I'm hesitant to make another thread regarding Revan.
Well as long as your not saying REVAAAAN SUUUUCKKS! or something to that effect, I see no reason for people to be riled.

But then again, I imagine you are as one critique that could be made is that Revan was OPed. Oh well, I never let a flame war get in the way of an interesting debate. Go for it! :D

Well as long as your not saying REVAAAAN SUUUUCKKS! or something to that effect, I see no reason for people to be riled.

But then again, I imagine you are as one critique that could be made is that Revan was OPed. Oh well, I never let a flame war get in the way of an interesting debate. Go for it! :D

My concerns really have nothing to do with Revan.