Hammer Station Woes

Alright. I have run Hammer Station twice now. The first run was with a Merc, two Snipers and an Assassin. The loot drop was: Hammer Station Bounty Hunter boots, Hammer Station Bounty Hunter chest, and two Hammer Station Bounty Hunter Pistols.

The second run was with a Sniper, an Operative, a PowerTech and a Juggernaught. The loot drop was: Hammer Station Bounty Hunter boots, Hammer Station Bounty Hunter chest, one Hammer Station Bounty Hunter pistol and a Hammer Station Operative rifle.

So the merc got everything he could possibly want in the first run. In the second run the Powertech got everything he could ever want. With left overs for the Op.

I know this is only two runs, but come on. Once should be impossible, twice is inconceivable (and that word does mean what I think it means.) So based on this, it really seems like there is something especially wrong with the drop rules for Hammer. I'm going to try it again, preferably without an Bounty Hunters, and see if I win everything, that should be the clincher.

The great thing in tor is that boss drops are actually smart. It knows what classes are playing and drops gear for them so there wont be IA loot if there is no IA in group.

There probably is just 1-2 items per class on the boss loot tables so if you get bad luck with same class getting the drops it might look that the same item is dropping all the time

Apparently people don't understand statistics and the actual definition of random. If the system is not actually taking from a full selection of the pot due to some misdesign in the table, that's not random. This is the point I'm trying to make.

Apparently people don't understand statistics and the actual definition of random. If the system is not actually taking from a full selection of the pot due to some misdesign in the table, that's not random. This is the point I'm trying to make.

Your two runs gave you such undeniable evidence that the system is not actually taking a full selection of the pot?

/sarcasm

If you run HS 20+ times and yields the same results, then we can talk. But two? Not a chance.

Apparently people don't understand statistics and the actual definition of random.

Your evidence is anecdotal at best. Get a larger sample size and report back to us. It is well within the realm of possibility that you wouldn't get any loot in an instance run.

To help the point, let's say each boss has 1 piece of gear you need out of... 5 possible drops. So a boss has an 80% to drop nothing you'd want. That can happen 6 times in a row fairly often.

There is NO way to tell from your sample size if the loot tables are buggy. If you really feel that this is something that should be checked I will gladly send you a PM with a list of drops from each boss when I run the Hammer. If you can get some more people to do the same you'll have your experiment.

The great thing in tor is that boss drops are actually smart. It knows what classes are playing and drops gear for them so there wont be IA loot if there is no IA in group.

There probably is just 1-2 items per class on the boss loot tables so if you get bad luck with same class getting the drops it might look that the same item is dropping all the time

I've had class inappropriate loot drop several times, so that shook my confidence in this theory.

Granted this was at a lower level when my friend and I were duoing BT as my Sniper with Kaliyo, and his SI with the tank dude.

It was all Powertech drops.

Couple other cases, but since I also have a PT and we got all IA drops on that run, we had to laugh.

Edited by AlkalineKitten