Darth Hexid Recruitment Mission

itsDIZZLE

Not sure if there is answer anywhere else but I couldn't find one myself.

Is there a mission to recruit Darth Hexid? If so, how do we go about to start it or is it part of "A Traitor Among the Chiss?"

Thank you for any future help. Much appreciated.

Not sure if there is answer anywhere else but I couldn't find one myself.

Is there a mission to recruit Darth Hexid? If so, how do we go about to start it or is it part of "A Traitor Among the Chiss?"

Thank you for any future help. Much appreciated.

In order to be eligible to recruit Darth Hexid you have to have met the requirement of completing either United Forces: Group Recon or United Forces: Warzone Recon prior to today's update. If you did not then you are not eligible. If you did then you'll have an in-game mail with an item that can be used to recruit Hexid immediately (subject will be: "Your Darth Hexid Companion Reward), or you can complete the Alliance Alert once you have completed Chapter 9 of KotET (if you haven't already). Unfortunately, if you didn't complete either of the recon achievements prior to today then you missed out on Darth Hexid.

To clarify, this may be a typo by Musco. I'm not sure why Hexid requires chapter 9 of Eternal Throne while other alliance alerts unlock after chapter 9 of Fallen Empire. But this is what he said. One thing to note, unlocking Hexid via the email token doesn't affect your ability to recruit her through the alliance alert and doing the story later.

The prerequisite to get Darth Hexid's Alliance Alert naturally (if you qualify) is to complete Chapter 9 of KOTET.

-eric

In order to be eligible to recruit Darth Hexid you have to have met the requirement of completing either United Forces: Group Recon or United Forces: Warzone Recon prior to today's update. If you did not then you are not eligible. If you did then you'll have an in-game mail with an item that can be used to recruit Hexid immediately (subject will be: "Your Darth Hexid Companion Reward), or you can complete the Alliance Alert once you have completed Chapter 9 of KotET (if you haven't already). Unfortunately, if you didn't complete either of the recon achievements prior to today then you missed out on Darth Hexid.

I guess it must be bugged, since I finished both KoTFE and KoTET expansions (all chapters on both) and I dont have the alliance alert for Darth Hexid. I did get the thing in the in-game mail though. Is there a hidden achievement for getting Hexid via story?

Edit: Nevermind. I was expecting a Hexid alert, not a Lana alert. lol

Edited by Morkhaine

I've made all kotet, kotfe and stories FPs except the OP gods from the machine and I've nothing in alerts.

If things weren't worded wrong, the event was to get her straight without meeting prerequisites and doing chapter 9 of whatever was the only one? Does she require to have finished some companion recruitment from alerts?

I've made all kotet, kotfe and stories FPs except the OP gods from the machine and I've nothing in alerts.

If things weren't worded wrong, the event was to get her straight without meeting prerequisites and doing chapter 9 of whatever was the only one? Does she require to have finished some companion recruitment from alerts?

You also have to have completed either one of the two achievements by the deadline. If you completed one of them on the last day you may have been missed in the granting process, but they we're working on that. If you completed the achievement requirement and didn't get the in-game mail then you should contact customer service.

If you conpleted the achievement before Nov 28th, and are eligible for Darth Hexid, you get an in game mail with an item attached. Theoretically, you can either use the item to recruit her immediately, or recruit her via a "mission". According to the email, "You can recruit Darth Hexid as part of a mission on the planet of Odessen once you complete the Knights of the Eternal Throne expansion story (my emphasis)." And since KotET is nine chapters, that would agree with the statement from Musco, linked earlier.

I logged in Tuesday after the patch, got the token in my mail, and unlocked her immediately. I then went and did the new Chiss mission. I did all of the KotFE, KotET, Iokath, and Umbara stories prior to the patch.

I didn't have any alerts when I first logged in, before retrieving the token and running the Chiss mission. I thought I might see the Hexid alert afer running the Chiss mission, but no such luck. I have no alerts now. Zip. Zero. Nada.

For companions with similar options (Nico Okarr, Shae Vizla, Master Ranos), using the "token" does not affect your ability to get the recruitment "mission" for them later on (or at least it didn't before the last patch) . Unlike those other companions, when i used the Hexid item, I got some command points when I used the item, so it seems that the item auto-completed the Hexid recruitment mission, and I can no longer get it.

As an interesting side note, I have several characters that did the recruitment missions for those other "promo" companions, and as I was going through them yesterday, I used the recruiting "tokens", and got a message saying I had already done the mission to recruit whavefer companion ... and I also got 75 command points when I used the tokens, like I had completed some "mission" by using the recruitment item.

I have saved the Hexid token on a couple of my level 70 characters, but it will be a while before I get around to running them through the KotET story and see if they actually get a mission to recruit Hexid after I finish KotET, and whether it's really worth the wait to do it. If it's like the "missions" to recruit Shae and Ranos, I suspect it won't be.

If it's like the "missions" to recruit Shae and Ranos, I suspect it won't be.

It's exactly like the "missions" to recruit Shae and Ranos. And starts from an Alliance Alert in the same manor.

You go to your Odessen base - same area as Ramos - and talk to Hexid. That's it.

actually there is an alert from Theron for Shae, and he just has you talk to her in the military wing, nothing like that for Hexid that I have seen, although I did talk to her in the force area.... i havent chosen the i dont work with psychopaths option

For Hexid you get an alert from Lana, which puts you at the zone in area for Odessen, then talk to Hexid in the force enclave area. You also get an in-game mail with a token that will summon her immediately. That is, if you qualified to receive her.

if you activate the holo, it would seem that the 'recruitment' sometimes auto-completes. - You an talk to Hexid in the force enclave within Odessen base ( by Sana Rae) , but no convo options seem to exit or trigger in the way you expect.

Basically, it's:

HEXID: blah, blah, blah, bood,guts, squeaky voice.

COMMANDER: " "

HEXID: blah, blah, blah, bood,guts, stuff about stuff, ego, ego,ego. Squeaky voice.

HEXID: blah, blah, blah, bood,guts, squeaky voice.

HEXID: blah, blah, blah, sithy stuff, squeaky voice.

HEXID: Come back and we'll talk later.

Commander ( walks away)

No combinations seem to finish the convo with a recruitment achieve or acknowledgement.

- you can also speak to Hexid with a Hexid summoned. - D'oh!

Or indeed use the Darth Hexid QT to travel to Hexid.

Another quality product. - TBH you're better off dropping your sub and watching the whole thing on YouTube. :rolleyes:

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Thanks for the answers.

So the "You can get her without need to meet requirements getting these achievements before 28th January or you can meet her normally through a mission" was in reality "you need to do this before 28th so you can get a chance to get the mission to have her".

Wonderful.

Edited by killBastila

Thanks for the answers.

So the "You can get her without need to meet requirements getting these achievements before 28th January or you can meet her normally through a mission" was in reality "you need to do this before 28th so you can get a chance to get the mission to have her".

Wonderful.

Not sure where you got this from. They were clear that in order to get her you had to first earn the merciless Darth Hexid Companion when you complete three PvE or three PvP missions through Group Finder by the November 27th deadline!

• 2 weeks later...

ahh thanks

I missed out on the instant access though :(

I thought I did 3 warzones, but found out last night it was only 2. I thought winning a round counted as 2 :mad:

Doubt if I explained this to BW they would grant me access to instant Darth Hexid lol ?

Doubt if I explained this to BW they would grant me access to instant Darth Hexid lol ?

If you missed out on the requirements for Darth Hexid, then you've missed out on Darth Hexid. No instant Hexid and no "quest" Hexid either.

No need to worry though. Hexid is just yet another companion, one of many that use a dualsaber, and an ugly one at that. :)