Conquest Changes in Game Update 5.9

EricMusco

I may have missed it, but have they even acknowledged the unannounced and undocumented change to the dark project or war supplies schematics yet?

"If it's not in the patch notes then it's a bug" - according to them.

Stealth changes, ninja nerfs and underhanded development based on their faulty Secret Metrics.

They all tell the same story again and again - they simply cannot be trusted at this point.

Their credibility is ZERO

So NO

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In these last weeks they haven't *Communicated or atleast Posted acknowledgments enough about anything to seem like they really care. Conquest is a Big one but not the only New Problem and so far there has only been a few "Keep the feedback coming". One way statements are not communication.

Conquest remains very fun. In fact, I finished my weekly conquest goal and didn't take any initiative at all. Every point I got this week was from either groupfinder or seeing others forming up groups or ops in chat. When I wasn't engaged in those, I simply did my own non-conquest activities.

Conquest remains very fun. In fact, I finished my weekly conquest goal and didn't take any initiative at all. Every point I got this week was from either groupfinder or seeing others forming up groups or ops in chat. When I wasn't engaged in those, I simply did my own non-conquest activities.

Well we must all be doing something wrong then... Can I assume you got your conquest on 6 alts also?

If not, you do not understand the problem.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Just to ease any concerns, we are still reading the thread and we hear your feedback. As we highlighted earlier in the thread, we have a fairly large set of changes coming with 5.9 which look to address your concerns. Once 5.9 is out the door we will continue to look to your feedback, along with Conquest data, to see what additional changes might need to be made.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hey folks,

Just to ease any concerns, we are still reading the thread and we hear your feedback. As we highlighted earlier in the thread, we have a fairly large set of changes coming with 5.9 which look to address your concerns. Once 5.9 is out the door we will continue to look to your feedback, along with Conquest data, to see what additional changes might need to be made.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thanks for the update, though I also wish they'd come more frequently.

Can you tell us if the changes you listed in the OP of this thread are still applicable? Is this all-inclusive as well (nothing else will be changing)?

Specifically, one concern I have is with the Flashpoint Havoc Conquest Event that just ended. Is it really a deliberate action on yall's part to exclude points from SM/VM Flashpoints, and basic completion of MM FPs? That strikes me as a huge oversight, and particularly punishing for more casual players that can't (or won't) do MM FP bonus bosses...

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

It's....alive!

I, for one, still feel that those proposed points in your original post...

Detailed breakdown of changes:

Each Objective falls into one of three categories: Repeatable, Daily Repeatable, and One-time. Inside of each category, there are three point tiers: low, medium and high. Here are the new values (these are base values, without including Stronghold bonus).

Repeatable

• Low is now 120, up from 85
  • Medium is now 180, up from 130
  • High is now 290, up from 205

Daily

• Low is now 400, up from 330
  • Medium is now 600, up from 500
  • High is now 825, up from 750

Repeatable Objective Changes

• Complete a Warzone Objective is now worth 180, up from 85
  • Complete a GSF Match Objective is now worth 180, up from 85
  • Complete a FP or Uprising is now worth 290, up from 130

New Objectives

• The “Kill 50 enemies” Daily Objective will be worth 400 points
  • The “Kill 100 enemies” Daily Objective will be worth 600 points
  • The “Kill 150 enemies” Daily Objective will be worth 825 points
  • The “Complete 3 Activity Finder Activities” Daily Objective will be worth 400 points
  • The “Complete 5 Activity Finder Activities” Daily Objective will be worth 825 points
  • The “Kill the Final Boss of an Operation” Daily Objective will be worth 825 points
  • The “Craft 50 Items” Repeatable Objective will be worth 120 points

PS - Usual disclaimer that these could change prior to 5.9, but I will let you know of any updates I hear.

... are still too low.

• Warzones and GSF should be 250 points per match.
  • Flashpoints and Uprisings should be a minimum of 500 points.
  • Final operation boss, if kept at once per day/per legacy, should be significantly higher. 825 points is a pittance. It doesn't give me any incentive at all to do Ops.
  • Craft 50 items for 120 points? Seriously? I wouldn't craft grafts for that poor amount of points. Maybe 10 or 20, but not 50 items.

Hey folks,

SNIP

-eric

With respect Eric, Bioware's official stance on the Conquest changes was to make it "more diverse, more fun, more inclusive, more rewarding"; you FAILED on every single one of those goals.

So why should be be mollified by

As we highlighted earlier in the thread, we have a fairly large set of changes coming with 5.9 which look to address your concerns.
?

Based on current performance metrics 5.9 will make things worse, not better.

All The Best

It's....alive!

I, for one, still feel that those proposed points in your original post...

... are still too low.

• Final operation boss, if kept at once per day/per legacy, should be significantly higher. 825 points is a pittance. It doesn't give me any incentive at all to do Ops.
  • Craft 50 items for 120 points? Seriously? I wouldn't craft grafts for that poor amount of points. Maybe 10 or 20, but not 50 items.

1) PvP, and GSF should be 500 (before the 150% bonus,

2) FP's and Uprisings 500-750 (before bonus)

3) Operations should be once per character per day. (anything else is unacceptable) and this is coming from someone who never once did lockouts. I'd say make the Operation be fully completed however. To get credit you must kill every boss in the operation.

4) craft 50 items, i'd have to see how it works to determine the points on it. If it's just craft bonded attachments or the like 120 seems fine, if it's crafting something that costs more mats + time it'll have to be increased

To correct you:

- Warzones and GSF shold be 429 points per match, which scales to 1073 with the 150% bonus - thus producing 15022 in 14 matches. (of course if there is a payout for the weekly that can reduce the payouts a tish).

With respect Eric, Bioware's official stance on the Conquest changes was to make it "more diverse, more fun, more inclusive, more rewarding"; you FAILED on every single one of those goals.

Here's how fun, inclusive, and rewarding it was this week. On Satele Shan...

10 of 10 guilds hit the Small Yield target.

5 of 20 guilds hit the Medium Yield target (2 Republic, 3 Imperial).

2 of 20 guilds hit the Large Yield target (1 Republic, 1 Imperial).

I once again suggest the dev team read Raph Koster's A Theory of Fun for Game Designers.

I once again suggest the dev team read Raph Koster's A Theory of Fun for Game Designers.

Yeah its absurd. There need to be:

More large rewarding one off missions.

Higher point values on the spammable repeatables.

Daily legacy repeatables need to go away, although these are so bugged im not sure what theyre supposed to be. My buddy and i did 2 MM FP last night (black talon, i healed one and then tanked the next because that first one would cap his toon and apparently there were no heals in queue). He got credit for the bonus boss both times (same day different characters). I got credit once with the same everything.

Conquest as it stands is a bad joke. And the proposed changes are hardly drastic.

Edited by KendraP

As we highlighted earlier in the thread, we have a fairly large set of changes coming with 5.9 which look to address your concerns. Once 5.9 is out the door we will continue to look to your feedback, along with Conquest data, to see what additional changes might need to be made.

So how about you give us a complete list of the changes beforehand instead of waiting until you drop it on us. That way you can tweak things based on our feedback before we end up having to wait another month for you to fix your next update.

Advance warning based on what you said in the recent stream; your latest idea of "improved" conquest rewards to steer the large guilds to the large yield planets is still not worth it. My guild will not change our schedule just for some augment mats. This is more like what would way us:

500k credits

3 encryptions

20-30 blue jawa scraps or just give us Isotopes directly (for new companion compendium tokens)

Enough augment mats to craft at least one augment (in the stream you said it would be more like 3/4)

My guild members won't be arsed about not getting the augment mats every now and then since most can't be bothered slogging through CQ objectives on mulitple characters anymore. The changes you mentioned in the stream to make it alt friendly did not sound that way to us.

You are welcome to keep ignoring suggestions but don't expect us to dance to your tune when we don't like the song.

Edited by UlaVii

Well we must all be doing something wrong then... Can I assume you got your conquest on 6 alts also?

If not, you do not understand the problem.

I understand the limitations of the system, so I didn't try to get conquest on alts. After all, we aren't in 5.7 anymore.

Thanks for the update, though I also wish they'd come more frequently.

Can you tell us if the changes you listed in the OP of this thread are still applicable? Is this all-inclusive as well (nothing else will be changing)?

Specifically, one concern I have is with the Flashpoint Havoc Conquest Event that just ended. Is it really a deliberate action on yall's part to exclude points from SM/VM Flashpoints, and basic completion of MM FPs? That strikes me as a huge oversight, and particularly punishing for more casual players that can't (or won't) do MM FP bonus bosses...

I read it as intended due to his statement on homogenization changes.

Those numbers can easily be misinterpreted in a number of different ways.

I have given up. They will not change this mess. It is the cxp debacle all over again. Cq will never be the same, was one of my last fun things to do in this game. Logged on to actually play about 2 times last week. Pulled my brother into this mess about 4 months ago, so logging on to help him.

I am a retired musician and logged on every day for hours, when the game was fun. Ran a lot of social things (ops, fps, heroics), was very active in cq, and made a lot of friends here. Unfortunately -- the fun is gone totally now, and most friends are also gone.

No reason to keep paying. My sub runs out in about a month - no intention of re-subbing. Will remain preferred to pop in here and there to say hello to the few friends that may remain. Elder Scrolls, here I come.

Those numbers can easily be misinterpreted in a number of different ways.

Those are just the numbers. The question is what do they imply. Since we have no way of knowing how many more guilds hit the small cap other than the 10 on the board its a mystery.

But the numbers are there, and for whatever reason guilds do not seem to be either:

A. able to make the cap on the med/large planets

Or

B. do not care to attempt the med/large planets

Or both.

Those are just the numbers. The question is what do they imply. Since we have no way of knowing how many more guilds hit the small cap other than the 10 on the board its a mystery.

But the numbers are there, and for whatever reason guilds do not seem to be either:

A. able to make the cap on the med/large planets

Or

B. do not care to attempt the med/large planets

Or both.

Or they haven't adapted to the changes....or....lots of other reasons.

Or they haven't adapted to the changes....or....lots of other reasons.

As a small guild leader how do i "adapt."

The simple fact of the matter is: my small guild cannot do what it used to and it is impossible for us to reach anything other than the small cap.

So "adapting" is synonymous with "accepting" at this point.

As a small guild leader how do i "adapt."

The simple fact of the matter is: my small guild cannot do what it used to and it is impossible for us to reach anything other than the small cap.

So "adapting" is synonymous with "accepting" at this point.

Yes, some times adapting is accepting. Or recruiting more people. Or doing activities you have never been fond of.

Yes, some times adapting is accepting. Or recruiting more people. Or doing activities you have never been fond of.

I don't particularly want to have a large guild or i would just take my life back and dump my toons in one and i have been doing activities im not overly fond of (seriously MM bonus bosses are the ONLY part of the FP that count... unless you want to do ilum dozens of times over... AGAIN).

None of these means I have to be particularly happy about it. Nor do i want my participation misconstrued as APPROVAL. Ergo I come to where they have designated we give feedback and offered my opinions and insight.

Edited by KendraP