Is PVP really that bad?

REDLION

I know it's not perfect, but damn. It ain't that bad. A lot of us know there are some issues, but most of us are still having fun. I find myself asking, "is there ANYTHING, you do like?" Honestly, I wish most of you would just move on and find something else to do. Clearly you hate the game.

WE GET IT!...so why are you still here?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's not perfect, but damn. It ain't that bad. A lot of us know there are some issues, but most of us are still having fun. I find myself asking, "is there ANYTHING, you do like?" Honestly, I wish most of you would just move on and find something else to do. Clearly you hate the game.

WE GET IT!...so why are you still here?

I wonder the same thing... I feel like I never hear anything positive from 90% of the forums. Just all the reasons they hate the game. Meanwhile, they're renewing their sub for another 3 months. :D

I wonder the same thing... I feel like I never hear anything positive from 90% of the forums. Just all the reasons they hate the game. Meanwhile, they're renewing their sub for another 3 months. :D

absolutely.

PvP and the game in general are so awesome that no one has felt dissatified enough to unsub.

servers turning into ghost towns, the subsequent server mergers, along with the soon to come decent into free to play are all due to completely unrelated issues and are the signs of a healthy game, anyway.

Edited by kronomandar

absolutely.

PvP and the game in general are so awesome that no one has felt dissatified enough to unsub.

servers turning into ghost towns, the subsequent server mergers, along with the soon to come decent into free to play are all due to completely unrelated issues and are the signs of a healthy game, anyway.

Like this guy ^^^^

You are who the OP is talking about... nothing but negative comments and yet.... here you are.

Please tell me how you're only here until your sub runs out and then it's off to Guild Wars 2. LOL!

Edited by UGLYMRJ

absolutely.

LOL, i love the 5% of people who tell it how it is on the forums.

I was just going to say, "don't worry my guild did unsub" ... on masse .. have fun playing all sents/gaurdians pyrotechs when everyone else is gone.

This is EA though, they'll shut the game down long before that.

Like this guy ^^^^

You are who the OP is talking about... nothing but negative comments and yet.... here you are.

Please tell me how you're only here until your sub runs out and then it's off to Guild Wars 2. LOL!

i already unsubbed, my sub has already run out. i'm not planning on playing GW2.

i still check in on the forums here from time to time, hoping to see signs of improvement.

if you want a positive comment, i'll give you one:

SW:ToR is a great single player RPG up until level 50. Bioware understands this and does everything they can to encourage players to roll alts of every faction/class/race in order to experience the fullest extent of the game.

"If it killed me its OP" is the majority of pvp comments on any game.

Its just bad players crying that they arent good enough to compete...

Content-wise, is there enough? No, there is not

Ilum was terrible because of no faction population balance/control. This will only get worse due to the f2p conversion making world pvp even more unlikely to ever return.

Only 4 warzones for 1-50.

Edited by Ratham

People who enjoy the game + PVP spend most of their free time playing, not posting on the forum. People who don't enjoy the game and/or have unsubbed are the ones who have all day to spend on the forums.

(My system is down until next week, so I'm side-lined and on the forums... but when I can get on, I love PvP, warts and all.)

i already unsubbed, my sub has already run out. i'm not planning on playing GW2.

i still check in on the forums here from time to time, hoping to see signs of improvement.

SW:ToR is a great single player RPG up until level 50. Bioware understands this and does everything they can to encourage players to roll alts of every faction/class/race in order to experience the fullest extent of the game.

They know that... they have said that they didn't expect the demand for PvP and are trying to fix that now. It's a 6 month old game. I'd love for anyone to point out a 6 month old MMO that was polished and had tons of content 6 months from release. So far so good in my opinion... but then again. It's just an opinion.

They know that... they have said that they didn't expect the demand for PvP and are trying to fix that now. It's a 6 month old game. I'd love for anyone to point out a 6 month old MMO that was polished and had tons of content 6 months from release. So far so good in my opinion... but then again. It's just an opinion.

This...

People who enjoy the game + PVP spend most of their free time playing, not posting on the forum. People who don't enjoy the game and/or have unsubbed are the ones who have all day to spend on the forums.

(My system is down until next week, so I'm side-lined and on the forums... but when I can get on, I love PvP, warts and all.)

^Qft.

They really don't like the truth here Kron :rolleyes:

But I'm with you 100%

The reason us unsubbed players are on the forums is just to try and add feedback to the Devs and hope it's heard.

We WANT to play this game, we love the Star Wars universe, it's why I played Galaxies for so long, and adding feedback is what i've been doing in this game since Beta.

Why should we stop now just because fanboys like ugly want to keep their op class??

Anyway prepare to get flamed with the rest of us :p

The reason us unsubbed players are on the forums is just to try and add feedback to the Devs and hope it's heard.

This makes me wonder... how sad is the world *without* SWTOR, that you can't find something more entertaining to do with your time than to "add feedback to the devs"...? Go find another game, go have fun with your life.

They really don't like the truth here Kron :rolleyes:

But I'm with you 100%

We WANT to play this game, we love the Star Wars universe, it's why I played Galaxies for so long, and adding feedback is what i've been doing in this game since Beta.

Why should we stop now just because fanboys like ugly want to keep their op class??

Anyway prepare to get flamed with the rest of us :p

You're comedy dude... I could give a damn about a class.... it's an MMO. The FOTM changes constantly. I plan on rolling on of each so I'm ready for any nerf or buff and can play accordingly. Class means nothing to me... I enjoy the game.

And did you just call me a fan boy after talk about galaxies and talking about how much you enjoy the star wars universe??? LOL!!!

I'm a geek but wow.... have fun at comicon!

All joking aside though... the negative comments on the forums don't help. If they really read teh forums that carefully most of would have been banned by now. Be constructive... there is a huge difference between throwing a degrading tantrum and having a constructive conversation.

If what you say is true... which do you think they'll be more likely to listen to??? ;)

This makes me wonder... how sad is the world *without* SWTOR, that you can't find something more entertaining to do with your time than to "add feedback to the devs"...? Go find another game, go have fun with your life.

I WOULD be QUITE sad if SWTOR was gone.. that's the point.

All you do when you **** on people who provide honest feedback because you want to keep your OP class and feel like a big boy is.. well... keep the trend in SWTOR going the way it has the last few months.

Losing Millions of subs, players leaving en masse so quickly that servers died almost overnight, scramble to merge servers, now F2P.

A look at the forums shows why so many people are frustrated.. but nobody likes when their class gets nerfed (trust me I'm a sage i Know) so they just **** on anyone who explains their frustrations, why they are unsubbing, what they think will make the game more balanced. etc etc..

And in the end, all this will accomplish is counterproductive to anyone who actually wants to see SWTOR thrive and continue on.

I would KEEP playing and will from time to time when it's F2P but right now there is no reason why I should reward BioWare with my money every month.

But then again, maybe they look at how many sents/gaurdians, pyrotechs there are in the game and it's maybe too late?

It's basically all that is played anymore and they've lost SO many subs that at this point, that it's probably already almost all that is left..

If you balanced them out and hit them with a nerf, I know for a fact fanboys like UGLY will instantly reverse course and start QQ'ing and it would probably kill off the game.

So honestly, thinking about it, the only thing they can reasonably do in their minds is cater to the only people left in the game almost, otherwise everyone else has mostly already unsubbed.

Unless you'd like to argue with the sub #'s? Dead servers, forced mergers, F2P.. it's all right there in the open to see.

There has to be a reason, other than pure incompetance, as to why BioWare hasn't acted on any of this for so long. Or at least I'd LIKE to believe there's a reason.

At the end of the day though, you're right, it would be sad if SWTOR died. I'd be sad anyway. That's why there are a few people on here that will continue to provide honest feedback instead of just defending their class. We actually want this game to live on, thrive, and do well.

Otherwise yes, we will just play something else. Doesn't mean we don't care about SWTOR and want it to succeed.

You're comedy dude... I could give a damn about a class.... it's an MMO. The FOTM changes constantly. I plan on rolling on of each so I'm ready for any nerf or buff and can play accordingly. Class means nothing to me... I enjoy the game.

And did you just call me a fan boy after talk about galaxies and talking about how much you enjoy the star wars universe??? LOL!!!

I'm a geek but wow.... have fun at comicon!

All joking aside though... the negative comments on the forums don't help. If they really read teh forums that carefully most of would have been banned by now. Be constructive... there is a huge difference between throwing a degrading tantrum and having a constructive conversation.

If what you say is true... which do you think they'll be more likely to listen to??? ;)

Can't really argue with you UGLY, I don't think BioWare is paying attention, or listening, I have no doubt you would have been banned long ago if they were. I sure as hell don't know what they're doing instead, working on F2P I guess.. laying people off? Comparing their Executive bonus to everyone else's?

At the end of the day i'd like to think that we all just want the game to do well.

Right now, we all have to admit it isn't.

<3 my Star Wars Brothers&Sisters!

I feel like I can breath again after reading in this thread a bit.

The amount of complaining, kicking and screaming this community has put out so far has been quite a downer for me. To me it works like this: Positive feedback and heavily pointing out things you want and like affects lasting change much more than whining and pointing out every flaw. Doing the latter fosters an unsecurity than leads to those acting watching their every move from fear of doing something wrong. This leads to reaction rather then action which is exactly what (if I understand them correctly) the whiners don't want.

The logic i simple: To make game work --> Money, To get money --> Moore people playing game, Reading only negative things on forums --> Frighten potential new Star Wars Brothers&Sisters away = Bad idea to write lots of negativity on forums.

That being said, I'm all for criticism, but there are different ways to deliver it.

I really like the game and I am having a blast with PVP aswell as leveling and endgame PvE. I'm for one is amazed that the 4 WZ has lasted this long for me, I can only conclude that either I'm really easy to entertain or they are really well made.

I for one am more than content with the game BW has given me, despite all the whining on the forums and EA bashing them officially (not a good way to build confidence) and can't wait to see what they have in store for us.

Having whiners own our forums saddens me. lets take them back!

Love

Lets give the forums back to the people who enjoy the game

There has to be a reason, other than pure incompetance, as to why BioWare hasn't acted on any of this for so long. Or at least I'd LIKE to believe there's a reason.

At the end of the day though, you're right, it would be sad if SWTOR died. I'd be sad anyway. That's why there are a few people on here that will continue to provide honest feedback instead of just defending their class. We actually want this game to live on, thrive, and do well.

Otherwise yes, we will just play something else. Doesn't mean we don't care about SWTOR and want it to succeed.

I still find that very odd.

I only care about the games existence as far as whether it allows me to enjoy it. Why are you worried about a game you aren't even playing? Although it sounds like EA is on the right track offering players like you a F2P option.

As far as class balance... like others have said, roll a sentinel if you feel that strongly about it. I play both a sentinel and DPS commando, so I'm on two extremes of the spectrum.... People are begging for nerfs of one and buffs of the other. I find both equally enjoyable to play, and I have decent/good results on both. So whatever your issue is, class balance isn't the only answer.

They know that... they have said that they didn't expect the demand for PvP and are trying to fix that now.

this is just so much ****

months before SW:TOR was released, RIFT went through an IDENTICAL experience.

are you trying to tell me that Bioware was not watching their most recently launched competitor?

nor is this limited to just RIFT and SW:TOR

IMO, Trion handled RIFT post launch better than Bioware has handled SW:ToR

my only fervent prayer at the moment is that Cryptic gets the importance of PvP for the success of a MMO, and doesnt stuff up Neverwinter. atleast the Foundry will make end game content or the lack of it a non issue for that forthcomming MMO.

Edited by kronomandar

So your the person that likes the FOTM and not balance. Heh, to me that means pvp is that bad and i like the OP class that can face smash you.

I have been getting tired of playing a underpowered class for the last 3 months hoping to be put back into line with Marauders or PT. I am not goin to switch my main because i like the game play of the classes spec even though i have lvled 3 50s for the story line and the fun of leveling. So if i was asked the question if pvp is that bad i would say its ok. I have played better balanced games and worse, there are too many CC's in this game (the resolve system sucks in stun wars), and only having 4 wz's slowly gets old. If you dont like one of these wz it makes it even worse since you can not unselect it from your queue.

The real answer is not on the forums but what you see on the servers. Do you see a fair balance of all the classes and specs? Do you see multiple bugs in the game that are not being fixed? Do you see a growing community?

this is just so much ****

months before SW:TOR was released, RIFT went through an IDENTICAL experience.

are you trying to tell me that Bioware was not watching their most recently launched competitor?

nor is this limited to just RIFT and SW:TOR

IMO, Trion handled RIFT post launch better than Bioware has handled SW:ToR

my only fervent prayer at the moment is that Cryptic gets the importance of PvP for the success of a MMO, and doesnt stuff up Neverwinter. atleast the Foundry will make end game content or the lack of it a non issue for that forthcomming MMO.

Rift handled the game the best that they could have. It took the best of old games and improved. I loved being able to switch souls at will. I stopped playing to try this game and because i got tired of the eq/wow model. I think we are all waiting for a game maker to make a MMO revolutionary like the old games.

The damage is way too high in this game.

Today I saw a pyrotech in full war hero kill a sniper in BM/WH gear during a stun of 4 seconds. The sniper didn't even get a chance to damage him.

Yesterday I tried concealment on my otherwise medicine operative. I found a jedi sage in recruit gear guarding one of the turrets in alderaan alone. I literally killed him in three GCDs. He didn't have a chance to do anything.

The pvp in this game is not good at all at the moment. In fact, I think pvp started to go downhill in 1.2 already, they boosted the damage too much. Healers were too powerful in 1.1 but they overbuffed damage. Now in 1.3, with the changes to relics and the possibility to augment your entire gear, damage is just crazy. Removing burst in itself was a bad move.

I remember way back, before 1.1. Back when dots interrupted taggers in voidstar and alderaan. The damage was much lower back then, yet the games kept going with a good pace anyway. Back in 1.1 pvp was much more strategic and tactical. Today it's just zerg.