Gunship non-existant? Not recieving rewards? What is going on?

Stonedsoul

If there is no tab to see and purchase a gunship that's got to be a glitch so report it to customer service and/or make a ticket in game. Even if you don't have the early access unlock to one it should still be available for you to buy with rep. The fact that you're not getting rewards is probably part of the issue.

Unless of course they didn't make it clear you won't be able to buy one until Feb when it "officially" goes live if you weren't a sub by Nov 1st. Nothing in the patch notes says there is a restriction on ship purchases though and plenty of people have already bought other ships. It's gotta be a bug.

Well, that's pretty rotten. So, even being a sub since early November, but apparently not early-enough November, I can't even unlock one? Guess I'll leave it alone until February.

I subbed November 2nd I think...missed it by a day or something. I can deal with not getting one for free, but it would be nice to be able to buy one to try it out.

This is rather ridiculous in my opinion. I subbed mid November because I heard about the space combat and was eager to try it on release. Now I'm excluded from what's essentially a 3rd of the ship content? Not to mention the gunship is arguably the most overpowered ship of the 3.

F'n hilarious. Jokes on me.

Edited by Polly_Pocket

In my opinion - still as a newbie lerner - the Gunship isn't overpowered at all - it is very much like the PvP sniper : Great at long range, awful at short range.

As soon as you've got a Scout or another type of ship in close combat behind you, you are toast. Unless you are very, very good with all of the controls ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

The entire thing is moronic and gives a huge advantage to those that have it, vs. those that do not.

All ships should be available if you are a sub. Period.

They will be available, but long-term subscribers are rewarded by getting an earlier unlock on the GS. The same way that everyone will get a chance to play a starfighter, but subscribers get earlier access to it.

You're complaining that you have content delayed to you, but I assume that you're a subscriber if you're playing a starfighter now. Which means your benefiting from the same sort of situation that you're complaining about.

Well, as someone who subbed for years, I've spent a lot more money on the game than someone who subbed a month ago. And from EA's perspective, if they entice people to subscribe earlier by telling people that if they subscribe by a certain date they get an extra bonus, they end up getting more money out of people.

TOR is a freemium game, and so it wants to entice people to spend more to get things in-game. So I don't think it's unfair. However, what I also think would be fair is to let people unlock the gunship with cartel coins. In fact, I think that they're stupid not to, if people want the gunship access that badly just let them buy it.