Credit Card Account problem

TargeTK

Hi there!, my bro and I have started recently playing this game, i was going to subscribe for both of us the 180 days at the same credit card, i subscribed my account first and it worked, but when i wanted to subscribe my bro's account and i typed all the info from my Credit Card and continued we've got this error "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later." so we waited 2 days and we tryed it again but this time my bro's acc had save the Payment method from my credit card so i clicked continue but still the same error. we've tryed to add my card again but then another error showed up" The card number is not unique for the given user" then i realized it may be something with my card that it isnt allowed to subscribe more than 1, so the only option that was left we tryed to use a different credit card, we used my parents and when we tryed to use that card another error" We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one." i tryed to cancel my subscription on my acc but i must wait till those 180 days will pass out otherwise am too getting the " We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one." error when am trying to subscribe again... i really dont know what to do we allready called customer service but it was worthless, we tryed to contact my Bank but they said there isnt any problem so i dunno what to do :(

Unfortunately it's only something EAware customer service and billing can help you with.

I don't think it's related to your card, more something on EAware side checking if the same card is used twice. I have no idea whether it's possible or not (maybe others in this forum can tell us if they've been using the same card for different accounts).

A solution would be for your brother account to use a game time card.

(By the way don't cancel your subscription until the last day else you'll immediately get F2P status)

Yeah i asked some ppl on the server if it is possible some say it is possible and i can have as many subscribed accounts on my credit card as long i have money to pay with, and other say they dont know for sure. It pretty sucks because i contacted customer service trough my mobile phone but i understood every 2nd word they said and what they said was that i must write my information in my credit card and i could make a mistake and wrote a different info, but there was everything fine, am starting to think that my bro's acc is bugged or something ... and i dont now for sure but what if it is because we are both F2P players and we haven't bought the game? Edited by TargeTK

My brother was F2P and upgraded to subscription without any issue, but I have a friend whose name in the account was different from the name on the credit card and it did not validate because of that. So maybe you should try changing the name on your brother's account to yours.

You can call support via skype, google voice or any VOIP program if it's easier for you at 1-855-GO-SWTOR (1-855-467-9867) .

Yeah well i already called them but as i said they only said that i must write the exact information on the card, and maybe there is something with their service so i must wait. i tryed to create a new account and when i tryed my card there "We're sorry, but we can't perform transactions to this credit card. Please load a different one." buth when i tryed a different one it worked .... strange and it really sucks, i searched the forum if anyone had a similiar problem but the only thing i found that i must somehow delete my Saved Payment Method but i dont know if that is possible, or if at least my bro's character coul be transfered to another account, he has lv 29 already Edited by TargeTK

Commander_Hawke: Do you still have the problem? ... i would at least like to know if it is possible to fix it, otherwise my bro's account is stuck or something, is there some way that this can be actually fixed?, i mean the customer service can only contact you trough phone, and they didn't helped me at all. Well my acc is curently subscribed but i accidently unsubbed and now i must wait (play) as subscriber these 180 days and then i can write card info again, but my bro cannot subscribe we tryed every pay method paypal, credit card ... we tryed different cards and still nothing he started as F2P and he has 2 characters, he changed email 3 times

I have called customer service, nice guy from Ireland, but it would seem EA could not keep up with all the sales...

I have already left 2 tickets in game (with around a total of 5 updates from me) and no real answer.. only standard crap, "contact your card company blah blah". When I stated in the ticket, I dont have issues from my credit card company, or paypal or my bank.

I check twice a day. Once in the morning and once I get home from work.

Sucky way to get money, because I have been trying.

Yeah, i hoped they can do something, but they did nothing, and if i were them i would help as soon as possible, because Bio and EA is the one who gets our money form sub ....And now my bro can create a new acc, i cant belive he was leveling the character for nothing .... thanks i will not forget this. but anyway i thank the people for responding and trying to help us, it was most appreciated. :o Edited by TargeTK

• 5 months later...
hey ! i got exacly same problem for 3 week too i dont know wat to do ! i live in montreal ,quebec'Canada and in my city its french i cant even call the custumer service because its only in english , i dont speak enlish lol. cant call in france it cost a lor of $ per min. So i have try ticket but nothing.i have try to sub but same problem so i hade to go to a store that sell prepaid card 60 day. but now i really need cartel coin and i cant do ANYTHING! if you find something about it let me know ! thx for reading:D:D

• 2 months later...
I had this problem with four different cards and realize that the problem was in my account, because for other account it just works fine, so I change my email address and password and it works. I dont know why, but it works. Hope it help, because this problem really annoyed me.

• 2 weeks later...

I FIXED IT!!!

]i had the same problem, ticked me off really bad... 3 days i was on and off the phone with them only to be told to wait another 24 hours. BUT! i got it to work on my own.... PayPal!. I Set up the same CC (or in my case debit card) through PayPal and now it works. Only took 5min. There customer service may suck but the game is still awesome enough to be worth playing. Hope this helps you other fans out there.

(By the way don't cancel your subscription until the last day else you'll immediately get F2P status)
Not true. Cancelling your subscription just means it will not automatically renew and be charged to your card again when it runs out. You will remain a "subscriber" for as long as your paid subscription lasts. And after it runs out, you will drop to "preferred" status, not f2p.