Still in Combat After Death in WZ's

Kingrami

DEVS!!!!!

I know you have plenty to look over and fix as it is but please please please fix this. Whether in a DoT Spec or not, my Assassin and Operative stay in combat post wz's death. This is preventing me to start the match, of the restart zone, to get back into stealth. I've recorded being in combat, post-death, for over a minute at a time. This is really hurting players like myself that use stealth classes.

I am not sure if non-stealth players are affected by this as well.

Add-On: Even when I use a Force Cloak ability with the utility to assist me to get out of combat, I still stay in combat beyond the normal 30 seconds-1 min amount of time. Again, I understand at times even with the utility, we can still be in combat for a small amount of time. What I am describing, is far beyond that.

Please look into fixing this asap! This is really hurting my WZ experience beyond the nerfs you already gave shadows/assassins lol

Edited by Kingrami

yeah I just noticed this too. Not sure if it's DoT related as I had occasionally had my assassin specced out for DoTs but recall no problem entering stealth and staying in stealth mid-combat.

nowadays I play a sniper and he's DoT specced currently. I have found myself locked in combat for probably as long as a minute as OP describes. I've been locked in combat after death for almost half a minute in the spawn area, and then continuing for as long as about a half a minute after I'm allowed to leave spawn.

Also sometimes when this happens I notice that I have an enemy player targetted, probably the one who just killed me or at least whoever I had targetted when I died. It strikes me that this should not occur. On death when you spawn you should not ever still have an enemy player targetted. So maybe it's that that player was still in combat which caused me to remain so? The distance in such cases was great, the distance between me and the enemy player still targetted after respawn.

I think this might be a new issue with a recent patch.

I just had this recur in a warzone on my sniper. I died, spawned, had the guy I was just in combat with still in my target reticle, still pictured and named. I was still in combat, couldn't rest or swap relics. I had no DoTs on me in the spawn. The instant I hit Escape button to clear target reticle I was dropped out of combat.