new vengeance buffs are niiiiiice

TwistedTony

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vengeance will be a monster...was going through it last night...more. instant damage from impale...bigger ravage buff 10% vs 8% and there are some new abilities which proc your vicious throw so you can use it anytime. We lose autocrit on vicious throw...but we get a direct damage buff to it....plus bleed damage is buffed when they hit 30% health.... If you want a bit more survivability grab the armor buff from tank tree it's +15%

Agreed. Ran a HM 55 FP yesterday and while it feels a bit different I think its overall easier to manage as well. For the most part the datamined information was right on. The only thing I didn't see make it was Engulfing Force, the base +10% damage. Or did I just miss that somehow?

Vengeance will be a monster...was going through it last night...more. instant damage from impale...bigger ravage buff 10% vs 8% and there are some new abilities which proc your vicious throw so you can use it anytime. We lose autocrit on vicious throw...but we get a direct damage buff to it....plus bleed damage is buffed when they hit 30% health.... If you want a bit more survivability grab the armor buff from tank tree it's +15%

Where is this damage buff to viscious throw? I could not see it anywhere in the skill tree or patch notes.

What exactly was buffed? Honestly, I'm a little discouraged after reading the patch notes. It seems other classes got some pretty cool updates and we got basically nothing except tripled CD on Sundering Strike.

Can someone please list the buffs Vengeance Juggernauts are getting? Thanks :D

Vengeance buffs:

Vicious throw now also can increase force scream crit chance...not a direct damage buff to vicious throw...but it makes Force Scream proc more often...still 100% Crit chance with 2 stacks (proc lasts 30 seconds)

Bleeds buffed by 9% (was 6%)

Rampage now generates 3 rage (More rage = less rage builders = buff)

Ravage buffed 10% (was 8%) can also be proc'ed every 6 seconds (talented)

Sundering Assault now builds 7 Rage (when talented, was previously 5 = buff)

Out of Combat cooldowns on Force Charge, Enrage and Saber throw reduced by 50% (when talented)

Unstoppable now lasts 8 seconds AND grants immunity to interrupts :eek: (You will always get ravage off now...no matter what)

Immortal buffs:

Crushing Blow now increases DR by 3% for 20 seconds and can hit up to 4 additional targets, damage was also buffed.

Saber Reflect, extra cooldown, reduces incoming damage and deals damage back to targets, high threat generator.

Invincible CD reduced by 10 seconds plus Crushing Blow damage buffed 5%

Parrying, deflecting, shielding, or resisting an attack grants revenge up to 3 stacks, each stack reduces cost of next force scream by 1

Force scream after 3 stacks of revenge plus talented is free

Threatening scream creates sonic wall, protecting all allies in immediate area from a moderate amount of damage.

Retaliation grants blade barricade reducing all incoming damage by 5% for 10 seconds

Armor rating increased by 15%

Retaliation CD reduced by 3 seconds while Saber Ward is active

Sundering Assault now builds 6 rage in Soresu (talented)

All incoming damage is now shieldable

Edited by planet_J

What exactly was buffed? Honestly, I'm a little discouraged after reading the patch notes. It seems other classes got some pretty cool updates and we got basically nothing except tripled CD on Sundering Strike.

Can someone please list the buffs Vengeance Juggernauts are getting? Thanks :D

increased damage to our bleeds, able to use vicious throw outside of execution phases, i think shatter got a slight damage buff too. and ya sunder got a 15 second CD cuz it now provides full 20 percent armor debuff in one hit and provides 5 rage. I've been messing with my vengeance jug all week on the pts, its literally a dream come true.

oh and ravager is now in the immortal tree, and provides 10 percent damage boost to ravage instead of 8

Am I the only one who thinks that the ability for us to spec free spammable chilling scream is a huge nerf in PvP? I mean besides doing it after force charge, our only way to ever do a complete ravage was to first slow the one we are attacking(unless they are dumb and stay in range ofc). Also will be really hard to keep up with all the classes who get passive movement boost, or can slow us effortlessly.

Edit: could someone tell me how long is unstoppable buff on pts? On swtor-spy it shows 8 secs, but I highly doubt we would get such long cc immunity

Edited by Mittomain

My friend is a huge Veng nut, he loves it for PvP and is an amazing dueler with it. He was very disspirited by the changes, or the lack there of compared to other classes.

My sniper dominated him, same with assassins, idk what else, but hes not too happy about it. You all sound over ecstatic, but to me these changes don't look as though they deserve such praise (from a PvP standpoint) especially compared to other class buffs... any similar concerns out there?

My friend is a huge Veng nut, he loves it for PvP and is an amazing dueler with it. He was very disspirited by the changes, or the lack there of compared to other classes.

My sniper dominated him, same with assassins, idk what else, but hes not too happy about it. You all sound over ecstatic, but to me these changes don't look as though they deserve such praise (from a PvP standpoint) especially compared to other class buffs... any similar concerns out there?

They're nothing special from a PvP standpoint. In PvE Vigilance will probably be competitive with the best specs now and that's great but for PvP not much changed. If they do remove the Sunder requirement from Shatter (the patch notes say they do but the requirement is still there on the PTS) then that will be nice but losing the autocrit on Vicious Throw makes the burst very unreliable.

Still no Surge talent, still no movement speed boost or anything that would help to counter kiting (Rage gets all the tools for that, apparently) so it's still an "okay" spec in PvP but nothing more than that.

Impale seems to be doing a lot more damage too (almost on par with Vicious Throw for me).

Impale was buffed with front loaded damage plus DoT...so it hits much harder...

Krayshawn:

Unstoppable becomes unique to vengeance now...so basically we got to keep something that other classes lost in PVP...so while that's not a direct buff for PVP, it is an advantage...plus Impale now hits harder, and Vicious Throw can be used more often...

Its awesome. after not really playing this game at all for the last few months, Im actually looking forward to D/Ling the PTR tonight. The changes in all 3 trees are looking fantastic from a PvE perspective. PvP may not....But I do not play PvP so this is all from a pure PvE perspective:

1) immortal got much needed damage buffs, a real 31pt talent (36 now actually), and many very nice feature changes high enough in the tree that hybrids wont get them. retaliate is going to hit like a truck in soresu now, and be available allot more often (nonstop when our shield is up). plus we get a group wide version of our sonic bubble. tasty

2) vengeance gets bleed buff, ravage buff, damage increase on impale and shatter....holy crud whats not to like. they even took sunder spam out of the equation...less often, rage works out the same (not a fact, based only on what I see). I liked the vengeance build before, its simply a better more damaging version of it

3) Rage lost smash damage, gained more flexible damage overall and better control. can't say much here I don't play it much, but I could see the lolsmash PvP players not happy that their big number production got displaced by smaller more frequent numbers. But hopefully that will push the FotM players somewhere else...i don't see much negative here.

All in all, great for PvE ! for those who are wondering where all the info is coming from, SWtoR-Spy has the new talent builds on their site....the redesign is HUGE....I can see why Bio didn't list all the changes in the patch notes. best thing to do is just get on the PTR (keep in mind that your money is currently not being transferred over...known bug), and see all the talent changes for yourself. thats where 80% of the changes are, on the talent trees. plus the other generic combat changes (like shields blocking force and elemental attacks now - I guess those immortal juggs in PvP just got a healthy boost! ).

all I can say is, WOOT !! i have not been happy with the lack of feedback lately, but this was a huge step in the right direction. Feels like 1.2 again. hopefully it will all play out like it looks in the notes and trees. (crosses fingers)...

It kinda makes me sick that you band-wagoners now want a piece of Vengeance. I've been playing Vengeance from the start in Rateds and have been able to make Smash nerds look tiny. Now with all these buffs (which i don't think the spec needed THAT much) all you turds are coming over to MY spec?

Talk about FoTM.

It kinda makes me sick that you band-wagoners now want a piece of Vengeance. I've been playing Vengeance from the start in Rateds and have been able to make Smash nerds look tiny. Now with all these buffs (which i don't think the spec needed THAT much) all you turds are coming over to MY spec?

Talk about FoTM.

You were just raving about how amazing your SMASH toon is? So which is it? A SMASH Juggernaut with a WarStalker title or a Vengeance Juggernaut?

It seems YOU are talking out your backside.