The Victorious Pioneer's Armor set.

ImmortalLowlife

Has any more thought gone into adding this set into collections? As a full blown alt-o-haulic, it'd be a great QoL improvement if I didn't have to send that armor and switch mods every time I wanted to play a different character. I know it's been mentioned before, but I don't remember seeing a gold dev post ever responding to the question.

I get the Victorious Pioneer sets mixed up. Are you talking about the 50% XP bonus gear or the cosmetic reward gear?

I just ask for clarification as you should get the cosmetic gear on each toon in the mail when you make them. It can also be recalled off your legacy achievement for the DVL event.

If you are asking about the XP gear I can see where someone having infinite XP gear would be problematic. I think the devs thought it would be a cool reward but also figured in that people loose things and through attrition over time the sets would work them selves out of the game. I have a legacy bank tab just for legacy gear and keep mine there so it doesn't get lost or deleted by accident. I tend not to bother with the mods and enhancements. You get so far over leveled that the added stats from the gear pieces get tossed out with the downscaling anyway. Bright side I saw a yellow post not too long ago saying that the devs were considering giving the xp gear as a reward again in the future so keep an eye out for that.

I tend not to bother with the mods and enhancements. You get so far over leveled that the added stats from the gear pieces get tossed out with the downscaling anyway.

You'd be surprised. Around Voss, the total mastery you can get from the +XP armorings plus level 65 green fleet-vendor mods and enhancements tops out *below* the planetary mastery cap. Several of the +XP armorings have +Presence instead of +Mastery.

Yea, I'm talking about the xp boost armor. While it's not necessarily the best stat wise after a certain point, I never get into anything I can't handle. I play mostly solo, and for the story so it's not like I'm running OP's or vet FP's with it. I do use it all the way to lvl 70, and only upgrade mods every 15 lvl's or so. But like I said...I switch alts I play almost daily. I may play 5 different characters in a sitting. I have about 20 different characters under lvl 70 right now. :D I'd like to be able to switch alts without switching mods every time. And every tab in my legacy bank is full (lots of legacy armor pieces and crafting mats) so I also have to mail it every time.

You'd be surprised. Around Voss, the total mastery you can get from the +XP armorings plus level 65 green fleet-vendor mods and enhancements tops out *below* the planetary mastery cap. Several of the +XP armorings have +Presence instead of +Mastery.

To tell the truth by the time I hit Alderann I'm usually around 55-60 so by the time I get to Voss I'm already using non XP gear.

Yea, I'm talking about the xp boost armor. While it's not necessarily the best stat wise after a certain point, I never get into anything I can't handle. I play mostly solo, and for the story so it's not like I'm running OP's or vet FP's with it. I do use it all the way to lvl 70, and only upgrade mods every 15 lvl's or so. But like I said...I switch alts I play almost daily. I may play 5 different characters in a sitting. I have about 20 different characters under lvl 70 right now. :D I'd like to be able to switch alts without switching mods every time. And every tab in my legacy bank is full (lots of legacy armor pieces and crafting mats) so I also have to mail it every time.

I totally agree that the XP gear is great for leveling and I too do tons of solo stuff. I personally haven't found a situation that required me to do more than keep up with my weapon and offhand. Then again different players and different play styles. I think I personally would like a few more sets even if for nothing else than to leave the set on my leveling toons.

As for the bank full of mats you should really check out the test server :)

Some Good News

In the recent livestream, they mentioned that finding a way to make the DvL event rewards available again was something they had "in mind", but nothing planned at the moment. They seemed to lean more towards bringing back the rewards than the actual event.

Rewards from other past in-game events have been brought back before and are currently available from vendors at the Cartel Bazaar. It's possible they will add the DvL rewards to those vendors eventually or through some other method. In any case, I would say that it's just a matter of time.

...I switch alts I play almost daily. I may play 5 different characters in a sitting..... I'd like to be able to switch alts without switching mods every time. And every tab in my legacy bank is full (lots of legacy armor pieces and crafting mats) so I also have to mail it every time.

Basically, what I do when starting a new alt is to put the armor in legacy storage, and then take it out on my new alt. (Immediately after the opening cutscenes, you can travel to your Stronghold.) I simply use it as the "base" armor, and put anything "cosmetic" into an "outfit". So, no mailing, no removing mods.

Even if you are playing several alts at the same time - it would be easier to just dump the set into Legacy storage than remove mods or mail it. Or, an even easier thought - the levelling is so quick you could simply not bother with the XP boost. :)

If your legacy storage is full - it's time to move some of that lesser used stuff - low level mats, unused armor - to some alt's cargo hold.

You just seem to be making things difficult for yourself. Yes, it would be easier if the Vic set was in Collections, but it's not - so it's time to clear out that Legacy storage. 😄

Edited by JediQuaker

Basically, what I do when starting a new alt is to put the armor in legacy storage, and then take it out on my new alt. (Immediately after the opening cutscenes, you can travel to your Stronghold.) I simply use it as the "base" armor, and put anything "cosmetic" into an "outfit". So, no mailing, no removing mods.

If the highbie previous-user left highbie mods and/or enhancements in it, the lowbie won't be able to equip it without paying to remove them. Well, in fact, if you left any mods at all in it, a below-8 won't be able to use it without removing them.

Or, an even easier thought - the levelling is so quick you could simply not bother with the XP boost. :)

That's what I do.

If your legacy storage is full - it's time to move some of that lesser used stuff - low level mats, unused armor - to some alt's cargo hold.

You just seem to be making things difficult for yourself. Yes, it would be easier if the Vic set was in Collections, but it's not - so it's time to clear out that Legacy storage. 😄

Or wait until 6.0 goes live with craft-mat storage elsewhere, which will free up substantial amounts of my legacy storage.

If the highbie previous-user left highbie mods and/or enhancements in it, the lowbie won't be able to equip it without paying to remove them. Well, in fact, if you left any mods at all in it, a below-8 won't be able to use it without removing them.

Oops, hadn't thought of that. 🙄

It should have been released in Collections as soon as it was rewarded.

Keep the set in your Legacy bank and don't mod anything. The armorings are more than enough to level you from 1-70. It's also a nice little bonus to have it equipped while gunning for Conquest points.

Edited by Pirana

I have two partial sets of the Pioneer gear from Summer 2015's "Dark vs Light" event. By partial I mean the head, torso, legs (together gave +25% XP) which were gifted when one finished a new character's class story. A full set required finishing the "Knights Of" expansion.

What I liked about Pioneer gear was the rated 160 armor augment was "built in" meaning one only needed to add the mod and enhancement augments if upgrading. Because the Pioneer set overbolstered in PVP the Bioware solution was to add a removable rated 160 legacy armor augment, which could be make any gear give the extra XP bonus if modded with the armor augment.

In retrospect I should have finished the DvL characters to get a full set of Pioneer gear along with the white Harley-Davidson-esque speeder bike.

What I liked about Pioneer gear was the rated 160 armor augment was "built in" meaning one only needed to add the mod and enhancement augments if upgrading. Because the Pioneer set overbolstered in PVP the Bioware solution was to add a removable rated 160 legacy armor augment, which could be make any gear give the extra XP bonus if modded with the armor augment.

When it was originally released, the fixed-armoring version was only 128-blue rated. 5.0 came later and changed it to 160-yellow in removable armorings.

In retrospect I should have finished the DvL characters to get a full set of Pioneer gear along with the white Harley-Davidson-esque speeder bike.

The speeder looks nice, but makes a really annoying noise as you move around, which is why I don't use it.

Even if you are playing several alts at the same time - it would be easier to just dump the set into Legacy storage than remove mods or mail it. Or, an even easier thought - the levelling is so quick you could simply not bother with the XP boost. :)

I like being overpowered while playing, and faceroll STOMP through everything, so I always upgrade the mods while playing. I don't care about something being "challenging"....I prefer "easy mode". I play for story. :p I get enough challenge just surviving in my city on a daily basis.

I also have 6 outfit slots unlocked on every character, and the armor in my legacy storage are legacy pieces from CXP packs that I use often in conjunction with the 10 pages of unlocked armor sets in my collections.

Same with the mats. I make millions daily crafting items that use low level mats, so everything I have in my legacy storage is being used. ;)

It's nice to know we're getting some kinda "crafting bag" ;) for mats in the coming expansion (I hope). That'll free up at least 4 bays of my legacy storage. I'd still like you be able to get multiple copies of the xp armor tho. Whether it's from collections, or a vendor..... I'm good either way.

I really do thank you for mentioning the details of this. Sincerely.

I probably knew the bonuses were attached to the armorings rather than the shells at some point, but I "lost" these for years, and then discovered them in the bank of a looooooong-neglected alt last week. I looked at the armorings, thought, "those are some ****** stats!", and promptly pulled them out. I was *not* stupid enough to let them be deleted, but I just assumed the bonuses were on the shells, and didn't even bother to look. When I read your post just now, it moved me to go look, and I discovered my error, thanks to you.

So obviously these are meant only for training up baby alts. Hmmph. Still, gift horses....

Has anyone tested this gear on the pts to see if it works?

I know that other set bonuses are going away because they are applied to armomrings, and I wonder if they are going to move them to the shells for the expansion.

Its entirely broken. The set bonus is gone from the armorings and the shells.

Thanks. This is the answer that I was expecting.

I hope that they add the set bonus to the shells for 6.0 so that we can still use this gear.

It would be really bad form for them to let this slip, and to in essence take back this subscriber participation perk from those that earned it. It would make me wonder what other subscriber rewards they might plan to take back in the future.

On re-thinking this, I wonder which would be more cost effective - removing the mods, or removing the armorings and placing them in some other armor? (Which is what I did - but I never actually noted the cost.)

And, let's face it - this armor is for people who are levelling alts. Surely they have enough credits to remove or move the armoring or mods.

(I do realize, however, that some people treat credits like real money and try to spend as little as possible, for no real reason. 😉 )

For leveling I can go 1 to 70 using starter gear. Since 4.0 I've never put any mods in my leveling gear and I never come close to dying unless I run my character off a cliff or something like that. I do use blue weapons, relics, implants, etc as I find them but I never felt like I needed them. Heroics, story fps and the main story quests are all super easy at the moment.

On re-thinking this, I wonder which would be more cost effective - removing the mods, or removing the armorings and placing them in some other armor? (Which is what I did - but I never actually noted the cost.)

And, let's face it - this armor is for people who are levelling alts. Surely they have enough credits to remove or move the armoring or mods.

(I do realize, however, that some people treat credits like real money and try to spend as little as possible, for no real reason. 😉 )

I believe the armorings, despite their rating and yellow colour, are free to remove. I'd have to dig through my alts to find the armour(1), so I'm not in a position to try it quickly.

(1) Assuming that I haven't managed to delete it along with an alt in a fit of tidymindedness... :eek:

I believe the armorings, despite their rating and yellow colour, are free to remove.

I just tried it and, yes, they are free to remove. They're even free to remove from a different mod-able set. (That is, I removed the armoring from a Vic Pioneer head - no cost - put in a different BoL headpiece, and then removed it from the second piece - still no cost.)

So, the most cost effective way to use them would be to equip each alt with a set of orange (mod-able) armor and swap the armorings around as desired. Then it costs nothing and you don't have to worry about removing any other mods.

Edited by JediQuaker

I remember reading awhile back that this would probably happen, I don't remember where. Hopefully they get that sorted out and we can still use it with the bonus. Leveling is easy enough as it is, but it's the fact they're possibly ripping it from us is the issue.

I remember reading awhile back that this would probably happen, I don't remember where. Hopefully they get that sorted out and we can still use it with the bonus. Leveling is easy enough as it is, but it's the fact they're possibly ripping it from us is the issue.

I suspect the simply forgot about it.

or

I suspect, since I believe that there is another xp set bonus, that it's disabled so as not to interfere somehow with the new set bonus...if there is one.

Either way, it's bad form on them.

• 2 months later...
I have the Victorious Pioneer set that is supposed to give 50%. I does say 7/7 pieces. I can't tell if it is giving me the XP bonus but the Armoring is open and it's set to armor 8 empty so I die a lot. I assume the Mod and Enhancement are available to fill, they always were. But am I allowed to add an Armoring and not knock out the XP bonus? I can't tell from all these messages. Edited by Leifii
clarifying

I have the Victorious Pioneer set that is supposed to give 50%. I does say 7/7 pieces. I can't tell if it is giving me the XP but the Armoring is open and it's set to armor 8 so I die a lot. I assume the Mod and Enhancement are available to fill, they always were. But am I allowed to add an Armoring and not knock out the XP bonus? I can't tell from all these messages.

The bonus is in the skin now.

Add whatever armoring you want.