Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Sad to think i have to go back to the American servers but its not all that surprising either. Sad thing is i can kinda really see the super server working for all three population types for the Pve players life would basically be as normal with better queue times and server pop on the Oceanic super server.

For the Pvper's there fix to the server would simply be turn on there pvp flag bang pvp server in all the areas that count there ques would be better for basic war zones and the ranked really wouldn't change much only more teams to play against another bonus for them so Oceanic super server can work for Pvpers in that regard.

The only tricky one is the RP community but a simple fix could make there life good as well all they really need to do is when you pick to play on the Oceanic super server give players a choice basically a little option (this could be character specific to) but basically this choice they pick between two options Option 1 Rp or Option 2 Pve if they pick option 2 then it will be a normal server for them but if they pick option 1 they unlock a special chat channel that only they can see/talk into (like a general channel) and its basically the role play channel no one can come into there channel and ruin things for them they can dungeon Pvp etc at there own leisure they can do the role play thing in there own channel that is maybe planet//fleet specific and give them a little icon near there characters that other players can see like a badge that symbolizes that they are Rper's so that other Rper's can see and identify there community. Sure its not the grandest fix for them but for those of them that wanna stay Oceanic based it could easily be a livable situation i am sure.

So that's my thoughts on the super server sounds enjoyable enough to all 3 aspects in my personal opinion we get to keep our super sexy Oceanic community our sexy ping and allowing a lot of us to enjoy what we were offered when they said Oceanic servers for everyone Oceanic.

In the truth of it tho this post and every other one will most likely fall on deaf ears which has been proven time and time again and the American move will still go ahead. I think the thing i will miss most of all is being part of a true Oceanic community in a game which is unique to this mmo i will miss the ping to tho i won't lie but not as much as our little slice of heaven we finally had.

There are certainly some Oceanic players in favor of the move tho and some in favor of the super server we aren't all united on one of those two choices so giving us the Option to move would be the best thing for both halves of our community but they won't give us that option no doubt which tells me then that its not about the community but rather the money and themselves it will kinda prove in some ways that what the players want doesn't matter as much as they tell us it does. All we truly want is the freedom to choose if we move or become a super server that's what all us Oceanic players truly want so if you truly listen to us Bioware PLEASE PLEASE give us the Choice but if the move does end up happening and we aren't given the freedom of choice i will probably end my Swtor life permanently (as will others i am sure) so fingers crossed they give us the choice not force some of us to do something we may not want to do.

That is my 2 cents on the situation anyways sorry for the rant and if i came across like a spoiled child but i guess i am just over the way Swtors community has been treated this had the potential to be an amazing game and i still love this game and will be quite sad when/if i have to move on but the customer service has always been this games single biggest downfall and for a lot of people they have had enough and i am one of them anyways hopefully we all get a true answer soon.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a long term advocate of this thread, I must say, Settle down guys. Eric has stated that APAC is moving to the US West Coast server. This means, we are moving to the US west coast servers. Screaming, yelling, BIG LETTERS are not going to change this fact. This move is also a large endeavor for Bioware to undertake, which means, they need time to sort everything out. This may be a few weeks more, maybe a few months. Either way, it'll be done when its done. Granted, their silence on the matter is annoying, and an update would be nice. I would rather Bioware take a few months now to get organize and make sure transfers are smooth and efficient, not rushed. I would rather all my characters show up, with their hard earned gear, and not get lost in the cyber space. In the meantime, calm down. Eric isn't going to reply to this thread while the responses to it are childish at best. You say you don't get PM's back from the community? I have, but they were well constructed, thoughtful questions in regards to the server migration. They will post when server migrations are planned.

Patience.

As a long term advocate of this thread, I must say, Settle down guys. Eric has stated that APAC is moving to the US West Coast server. This means, we are moving to the US west coast servers. Screaming, yelling, BIG LETTERS are not going to change this fact. This move is also a large endeavor for Bioware to undertake, which means, they need time to sort everything out. This may be a few weeks more, maybe a few months. Either way, it'll be done when its done. Granted, their silence on the matter is annoying, and an update would be nice. I would rather Bioware take a few months now to get organize and make sure transfers are smooth and efficient, not rushed. I would rather all my characters show up, with their hard earned gear, and not get lost in the cyber space. In the meantime, calm down. Eric isn't going to reply to this thread while the responses to it are childish at best. You say you don't get PM's back from the community? I have, but they were well constructed, thoughtful questions in regards to the server migration. They will post when server migrations are planned.

Patience.

did you forgot the part where they have already done this sort of thing before aka moved aussies for free to the new APAC servers why do they need to get organized if they've done it already successfully?

did you forgot the part where they have already done this sort of thing before aka moved aussies for free to the new APAC servers why do they need to get organized if they've done it already successfully?

No but that is now a year ago. We have had so many updates and changes since the and any one of them could cause thier origional transfer system to not work. Im not trying to defend BW. Thier treatment of the APAC has been appalling. Just suggesting we show a little more patience.

No but that is now a year ago. We have had so many updates and changes since the and any one of them could cause thier origional transfer system to not work. Im not trying to defend BW. Thier treatment of the APAC has been appalling. Just suggesting we show a little more patience.

How much more patience do we have to show...how long till enough is enough? I am not even talking about the transfers or whatever being done here being put into action I am saying communication would go along way to garner at least some trust/respect for their community.

They say they are damned if they do post and damned if they don't, yet I feel if they at least came into the thread and regularly acknowledged their players during this process it would go along way in at least making us feel like we are valuable subscribers instead of the red headed stepchildren we seem to be.

I don't see how being ignored by the devs fosters any respect on either side of this issue.

So when do we get transferred en mass to the french servers?

And will it really cost us 2xs as much for an additional transfer?(in Euros, paid in cash at their offices in Texas(bring a picture ID issued by the Polish government)?)

as a long term advocate of this thread, i must say, settle down guys. Eric has stated that apac is moving to the us west coast server. This means, we are moving to the us west coast servers. Screaming, yelling, big letters are not going to change this fact. This move is also a large endeavor for bioware to undertake, which means, they need time to sort everything out. This may be a few weeks more, maybe a few months. Either way, it'll be done when its done. Granted, their silence on the matter is annoying, and an update would be nice. I would rather bioware take a few months now to get organize and make sure transfers are smooth and efficient, not rushed. I would rather all my characters show up, with their hard earned gear, and not get lost in the cyber space. In the meantime, calm down. Eric isn't going to reply to this thread while the responses to it are childish at best. You say you don't get pm's back from the community? I have, but they were well constructed, thoughtful questions in regards to the server migration. They will post when server migrations are planned.

Patience.

i like big letters

I'm on Dalborra and I really enjoy the low ping and the queues aren't bad at all. Maybe you're on the lower pop servers, but don't lump us all in together when I've been very happy with the service I've received.

If they did we would be chilling on NA servers with 500 pop on fleet atm

Wow thats so useful when the instances on Fleet are limited to quite a bit less than 500, and you can't communicate across instances on Fleet. Most of those people might as well not be there.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I know we have been a bit quiet about our plans for your consolidations and although I don’t have any concrete details yet today, I wanted to pass on what I know. Our current plan is that next week we will start to give you details surrounding your free transfers off of the APAC servers. Specifically, we want to try to give you an exact date of when those transfers will start. We are still working through some issues with transfers so this could still change but that is our plan as it stands right now.

To be specific as I can be without setting anything in stone, our goal is to have you folks able to start transferring before 2.2 goes live. Again I need to reiterate, this is still subject to change as we lock things down.

-eric

Hey folks,

I know we have been a bit quiet about our plans for your consolidations and although I don’t have any concrete details yet today, I wanted to pass on what I know. Our current plan is that next week we will start to give you details surrounding your free transfers off of the APAC servers. Specifically, we want to try to give you an exact date of when those transfers will start. We are still working through some issues with transfers so this could still change but that is our plan as it stands right now.

To be specific as I can be without setting anything in stone, our goal is to have you folks able to start transferring before 2.2 goes live. Again I need to reiterate, this is still subject to change as we lock things down.

-eric

Great so your just going to ignore all of us that wanted you to merge all the APAC servers into one as the ping is to high for us to play on the USA servers.

Thanks for nothing.

I'm keen for the merge....But I have spent the last month wondering if I wasted my time playing on US servers.....nope...my APAC characters are still MIA, and more than likely staying that way for a bit.....apart from the colossal gaps in communication, I really no longer give any crap, I now have a better legacy and characters I love on Harbinger, and finally getting to play with my ppl again will be nice....but yer all I can say about this whole ordeal is omg.....terrible.....so..soo....sooo......amazingly....terrible.

great game, staff try their best I will pay them that, won't hold a grudge....upset its taken so longggg, will miss the Master Dar'nala community, the whole 40 of us lol.

anyway, on to new days ect, lets hope this time round things will go well for us

BTW......if u can choose....pick HARBINGER.... played around on my old swiftsure toons ( currently Bastion)....its not dead, but harbinger has about 3x the pop.....if u want a large population, pick there!

Hey folks,

-eric

So no chance your going to change ur minds and let us have our Super Server?

I am still very upset about ur total disregard for what players wanted! But I guess the old saying goes 'be careful what you wish for!'.

Luckily for you I still really enjoy this game so I will have to accept 'your solution', I just hope this does not ruin my playing experience.

Hey folks,

-eric

Eric most of us have been very patient in waiting for a final answer as to when this will happen.

Myself certainly have been very patient but now its time to act we have had our hearts broken when u said were closing down the servers but as tough apac people are we said o well look at the long term benefits now we have been waiting far too long our pops are so slow that when we do get to the US servers our gear is going to be so far behind other player we will spend then next 2 months trying to catch up so get it working get the xfers implemented and stop punishing us on low pop hardly any wz/pve pop out of prime time servers and let us enjoy the game again

Also, when are you going to 'officially' announce this to everyone on APAC servers because not everyone reads these forums.

If people aren't reading these forums then they obviously don't care about the state of the game they are playing. Announcing it here should get it out to the greater community. My whole guild knows because on of my guildies put it on our guild website, and it will probably be our talking point during our raid tonight. Maybe you should tell your guildies instead of asking bioware to create a launcher post about it or something unrealistic. They will probably do the launcher post when they have solid dates and everything is set in stone, but not before.

Hey folks,

-eric

Hello Eric.

Just a few questions:

1) When are you actually going to inform your customers about this change? You haven't put up any information anywhere but this thread - you have relied on little more than word-of-mouth to let customers know. If today a new customer was to sign up for a 6 month subscription, would you inform them about the imminent degradation in service and give them the opportunity to reconsider their purchase? What is going to be you policy regarding refunds for customers who feel that the game is now unplayable?

2) Back prior to the APAC release, we were told that the SW:TOR was not going to be released in our region because Bioware felt that we wouldn't have an acceptable play-experience without local servers. You are now telling us that the best possible play-experience is to move us to NA servers. Have Bioware actually changed anything of a technical nature to improve our experience, or have you just dropped your standards?

3) Back when you made your announcement I queried what criteria you were using to assess the impact of the increased latency. I expressed my concerns that, with the increase in latency it won't just be my game-experience will be degraded, but it may be detrimental to anyone I was grouped with as well. For example, if I was healing Hardmode Lost Island or Directive 7, where frequent movements are required to react to semi-random events, I could have the feeling that the extra 300ms latency that I will experience will result in reducing my ability to heal the group be diminished. This will affect everyone in the group. At what latency does Bioware think that an average SW:TOR player should just give up trying to run each level of difficulty, because they will just be penalising everyone in the group?

Eric most of us have been very patient in waiting for a final answer as to when this will happen.

Myself certainly have been very patient but now its time to act we have had our hearts broken when u said were closing down the servers but as tough apac people are we said o well look at the long term benefits now we have been waiting far too long our pops are so slow that when we do get to the US servers our gear is going to be so far behind other player we will spend then next 2 months trying to catch up so get it working get the xfers implemented and stop punishing us on low pop hardly any wz/pve pop out of prime time servers and let us enjoy the game again

Eric has said 2.2 is planned for mid June... and he just said you guys will start transfers before 2.2.

Edited by Andryah

If people aren't reading these forums then they obviously don't care about the state of the game they are playing. Announcing it here should get it out to the greater community. My whole guild knows because on of my guildies put it on our guild website, and it will probably be our talking point during our raid tonight. Maybe you should tell your guildies instead of asking bioware to create a launcher post about it or something unrealistic. They will probably do the launcher post when they have solid dates and everything is set in stone, but not before.

:rolleyes:

Most of my guild do read the forums but just because ppl don't read the forum does not mean they don't care. And BW has the responsibility to let its customers know of a big changes like this.

:rolleyes:

Most of my guild do read the forums but just because ppl don't read the forum does not mean they don't care. And BW has the responsibility to let its customers know of a big changes like this.

The way this sort of thing works is they put together an email communications and transmit it to all relevant account holders.

Guess what though... until they have everything nailed down and accurate.. that email is not going out. You should know this by now.

Even when they have everything nailed down and fixed... they still make mistakes in their emails... because those emails are penned by human beings. So with this crowd... my guess is they will redundantly check and review the email six ways to the moon before they punch the send button.

Edited by Andryah