Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

Chackey

thana is 10 times better too bad i had to kill her at the end

100% agree, why they didn't make her the SI companion is beyond me. In fact I made 3 light side choices in the entire game and sparing her was one of them. With hopes that I'll see her around/bang again.

I hope that Bioware starts to flesh out the companions through side quests ala Mass Effect 2....However making 39 (not counting all 8 ship droids and the Jedi Guard droid) different side plots with full voice acting is probably not real high on the list if at all...It's a shame though I'd like to get to know my new apprentice (Xalek) better.

Edited by Arakinis

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm leveling quite slowly and literally just met Ashara, so I don't really know which direction this will all go, but I really enjoyed convincing her to commit murder on our first encounter. I don't really care if she ever calls herself a Sith, but she's absolutely taken the first step towards corruption. I will be quite pleased if it continues in that direction.

of course you will find dark SI who like Ashara the way she is… but if you show me one I will show you someone who also does not care about consistency in a story line. A SI who would happily run around with a Jedi is as deluded as a light sided SI (who would have never made it off of Korriban)

There is only one Jedi I have encountered that I let live, why is she different? what logical reason would a SI have in keeping this annoying heretic around? she served her purpose, well for me she betray me and had 2 Jedi masters waiting to kill me so she failed to serve her purpose and set me up yet out of the kindness of my heart I let her live and even offer her a home on my ship…. Right.

Yup this thread would not have reached this size if many people liked ashara as she is if your SI follows the way of the sith and dark side faithfully not being allowed to fully corrupt her makes no sense because to the sith religion ashara is a heretic that should either be A turned to the dark side or B destroyed.

Edited by lokdron

I don't know what you guys are all complaining about. There seems to be a perfectly good "Palpatine-style" manipulative end to that first conversation.

You can force persuade her to kill the assassin leader after he's defeated. Don't take the OMG MOAR DARKSIDE POINTS option as soon as you see it and kill the guy first!

I've only had a couple of conversations with her so far (just got to 2k and am in the process of unloading all the courting gifts I acquired leveling diplomacy), the first couple of conversations once you get her for realsies definitely seem like they have the manipulative choices

the 1k conversation you get to convince her that her masters were idiots, very classic dialogue in there, very palpatine, you even GET AFFECTION POINTS FOR IT

if you hunt for them. It seems like if you're not corrupting your apprentice slowly and that's what you wanted to be doing you need to fish around in the conversations a little more.

Esc is your friend, you even have a split second when the screen starts fading to esc out if you didn't realize the conversation was going to end and you don't like your choices.

Edit: Also don't think of her as

betraying you when you go grab the ghost,

think of it as

her clumsily bringing you extra Jedi to kill in her naivete. It's like free appetizer before dinner.

Edited by _Icewraith_

Its quite funny people who say keep her how she is! No i don't want her like that because it does not make sense that a dark 5 character would keep a force user at either grey or light and the fact that you the SI is not really being active in trying to make her fall does not make much sense to me. In my opinion a character that reaches dark 5 is no longer rational a character like that would do what ever it takes to make a jedi fall to the dark side. Edited by lokdron

i got ashra 2 days ago and until now every quest ive done i didnt get any affection (positive or negative) from the choices ive done, is it a bug? :S

Not any more than anyone else's Ashara she is very very stingy, far more than any other companion I know of.

So is she bugged? Possibly or it is just another aspect to dislike about the most flawed companion in the game. Giving her gifts also gives less affection than any other companion I have seen.

Class quest, first contact with Ashara:

I don't know what you guys are all complaining about. There seems to be a perfectly good "Palpatine-style" manipulative end to that first conversation.

You can force persuade her to kill the assassin leader after he's defeated. Don't take the OMG MOAR DARKSIDE POINTS option as soon as you see it and kill the guy first!

You can also get her to kill the assassin WITHOUT using force persuade. Just good dialog choices. I was very satisfied with myself when I did that. I took a screenie of the convo but I cant host it anywhere unfortunately.

why 5 out of 6 companions are male ?

the only female one is light side jedi sry but this is joke

I have to agree. While I dont really mind if I cant romance her without light side, I would very much want to turn her to the dark side. That, or make Thana Vesh a romanceable companion.

"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it."

―Kreia

Edited by Karkais

Whoops. Too bad my character

Led Thana on (in front of Ashara no less) and then killed her in the middle of a ruined factory. I almost didn't do it, and then remembered how annoying she was pulling mobs before I could get my health back. My HP doesn't magically reset every time I exit combat stupid! Wait for the tank to pull!

So yeah, bangin' Thana isn't really an option at this point, at least if we're going to keep this game remotely family friendly.

I need to remember that LS/DS points really don't matter since I can just make 'em up as I level diplomacy. I've made over 1k worth of LS choices between questing and diplomacy at some point and am currently sitting like 8 points off Dark 5.

We don't know what Bioware plan to do with Ashara's story but you will probably be able to make her fall to the dark side at some point in the future.

Personally I love her char (10k affection).

I can trust her to watch my back without putting a lightsaber through my chest, she is smart enough to be able to cause some real damage and in her present state can help me corrupt more Jedi. Overall that's a win in my book.

But then again I do kind of think outside the bounds of the game: I want to reform the Bane Brigade, station it on the Doombringer and watch the Republic go nuts at knowing where a formation they want to wipe out is but not being able to do anything about it. I also want to become Emperor and enact most of the changes you talk to Ashara about, but mainly to protect my power base as opposed to peacefully coexisting with the Republic, but Ashara would be darkside by then and not care.

I know I have too much time on my hands. :p

So yeah, bangin' Thana isn't really an option at this point, at least if we're going to keep this game remotely family friendly.

It's rated teen if Im not mistaken, 16 in Europe. Not meant all that "family friendly".

About Thana:

Also, Thana was one of the few rare cases where I took lightside points, hoping her to become a companion in the future. At worst, it was just 100 meaningless lightside points.

Edited by Karkais

I support this idea as well just disapointed playing a female SI that I get gimped affection gains from gift adn chat as where male SI gets higher gains for same gifts and thru the romance route hgher affection as well... dont like being penalized for not having 3 legs ya know.

Just sayin

We had a similar thread on the Beta forums and I'm sure many with me still think it's a sad part that our only Apprentice is not turnable to the dark side.

Running around with a Lightside crybaby when you are "Darkside 5" yourself is annoying and laughable, hardly think it's fair. Either give us an option what side she will belong to or make her turnable in some way.

Maybe that she gains Darkside points the same time we do? (Perhaps at a lower rate?)

Agreed.

I just got my first lvl 50 character, and along the way I busted my *** (or my crew did :cool:) trying to get her affection up to keep the conversations going. Now my character is just shy of Darkside 5 with 10,000 points into Ashara and.......she asks to teach my followers about Jedi teachings for peace......

......come on man..........that's just disappointing :(..........

Edited by Sivar

When I first watched the video of someone doing the romance and ashara saying that she will teach your future diciples and kids the way of the jedi i went to my ashara and I wanted to throw her out into the airlock. Thats heresy in the purist form to a sith saying that since the sith consider the jedi ways as tainted. Edited by lokdron

My take:

I agree, she should be turnable, however she should also be able to be kept as she is.

I just got her, my story:

I killed the Assassin. She was shocked, I told her "This how we Sith roll baby".

I didnt cajole or manipulate her. I tortured her. Lightning until she caved and agreed to summon me up a tasty ghost meal.

Her betrayal? Really, betrayal? From someone I just tortured? Honestly I expected more Jedi, but two were enough to wet my appetite.

Her ghostly Ancestor? I let him know I was hungry and he was the perfect size to "GET IN MA BELLY!".

Once I was done using her I told her to get out. Screw her, she can fall on her own time or get cut down by her ex-compatriots.

She begged to come with me. Begged.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (I'm twisting my mustache as I laugh)

I have a slave dancer's outfit waiting for her on my ship.

She can stay goody-goody as long as she shakes that money maker when I tell her to.

Actually it just occured to me, I want a few more options;

1 - Keep her as is.

2 - Add in a Dark Side version (though I'm begining to gather she is pretty damn DS if you play it right).

3 - Add in other possible Companions so we can kill properly.

4 - Allows us to sacrifice her to get someone back from the "dead":

Zash

when I look over ashara story it kinda seems that allowing you to turn her to the dark side was scrapped imo thats just how i see it.

I think she supposed to be our "LS" companion.

The problem is, she's also our only female companion... I'd rather romance butt-kissing droid at this point. Atleast he knows exactly what to say when I enter and leave the ship:

"The galaxy will continue trembling at your approach if it knows what's good for it, master. Maker knows, I do."

I think she supposed to be our "LS" companion.

The problem is, she's also our only female companion... I'd rather romance butt-kissing droid at this point. Atleast he knows exactly what to say when I enter and leave the ship:

"The galaxy will continue trembling at your approach if it knows what's good for it, master. Maker knows, I do."

Yeah but we should have the CHOICE to turn her to the dark side since it does not make much sense for a dark side rank 5 SI to be carrying around a conflicted jedi without pressing them to turn them to the dark side.

Yeah but we should have the CHOICE to turn her to the dark side since it does not make much sense for a dark side rank 5 SI to be carrying around a conflicted jedi without pressing them to turn them to the dark side.

She has to be one of the most annoying, misplaced and poorly storied romance companions there are. I hear her spout on about Jedi crap and I log onto my sith warrior and relish his harem of hotties.

So I have some Questions to you:

If there was something like the following:

You: "You have to kill these Younglings! There is no other way to [insert her/your goal here]."

Ashara: "I will do what must be done." :csw_bluesaber:

Would this be DS enough for you?

If not, would you be satisfied if she executes someone (Soldier, Servent, Officer) for his incompetence.

Or does she have to be like Jaesa:

"Please, give me the shocker that I can torture your slave. She is just trying to be a good slave, but it's so much fun."

i would say her giving in to the darkside because she has no other choice would be ok. I also don't need her to kill random people but making her not not able to be corrupted as they have has completely removed any chance of a romance option for my guy.

The fact that i cant corrupted her makes me want to kill her. Shes of no use to me what so ever i disagree and talk **** to her every chance i can even if shes right i hate her so much. What a waste and for it to be our only female character is crap.

What i want from Ashara Zavros is for her to die a painful death by my hands or at the every least i'd like to send her on a quest and just not be there when she gets back. Either way i would be happy to just get her off my ship.(but i do want to kill her :D)