lvl 55 pvp...

MtDoom

So I am wondering *** is going on at 55 I am recently hit 55 and cannot do a god damned thing is gear really that important with the new bolster? I cannot help but wonder how I went from top dps top heals in matches sub 55 to utter **** getting pwned by anything with a fluorescent light bulb and a chip on their shoulder to 3 shot a commando cause its funny. is there a way i can undo lvl 55? i would gladly toss all my gear down a drain to loose a lvl

this is very plausible I simply notice my 40's merc seems to lay a lot more hurt on even 50's players than my 55 can against other 55's. It's likely the gear difference from non pvp gear at sub 55 to the ewh geared 55's. I'll keep after it i guess who knows maybe one day i wont get that sunken heart feeling when I get kicked in the back by an assassin. cheers; keep on firing hoping for the best!

So I am wondering *** is going on at 55 I am recently hit 55 and cannot do a gosh darned thing is gear really that important with the new bolster? I cannot help but wonder how I went from top dps top heals in matches sub 55 to utter **** getting pwned by anything with a fluorescent light bulb and a chip on their shoulder to 3 shot a commando cause its funny. is there a way i can undo lvl 55? i would gladly toss all my gear down a drain to loose a lvl

1) Competition is much better at 55

2) Bolster only helps with expertise, all your other stats are much lower than your Partisan/Conqueror counterparts

3) Along with less total damage, fewer crits for less, you also have a huge gap in you health pools. I have 30k on my Medic. Most fresh 55's are barely pushing 25k. More health to chew through and less damage output makes you less efficient.

• 1 month later...

Figured I would give a bit of an update since i first hit 55...

I now have almost a fully tweaked set of gear, and found a scoundrel buddy who pvp's a fair bit <- last part is most important.

I have to admit the class does surprisingly well when left alone im getting 8-9k crits only had a few 10K crits. However I still notice a massive class difference between certain classes (shadow/assassin the notorious god mode classes). the issue lies with half of the classes ingame being instant cast vs standing still for awhile. example scoundrel healers they are the best due to their instant healing abilities. But this class is designed to stand around fire move stand fire move its the play style of caster types so its understandable.

I can say i would be excited if bioware added a more skill intensive aoe aspect to the giant gun class. ie gravround being a 2.5m wide column attack and demo round having a small aoe range like 2.5m

If you are healing, find someone to guard you, and push off of you. You will live longer than any other healer. If interupted, use your instant casts... you have a few, just not as noob proof as the OP or Sorc. Your biggest concern will be energy consumption, which is easy to overdo.

As a gunnery, if you are not shooting and scooting, then you are doing it wrong. we have as many or more knockbacks, snares, roots, and stuns as any class in the game, with some of the best burst on tap. You can pwn almost anyone 1v1 if you time it right.

We do lack in fluff damage aoe. They are not going to give us more, because they hate storm troopers, and love glowstick wielders because with the use of E, that is the only way they can get laid.

My main is a commando and he does great in pvp. I only started pvp in endgame and it was a little tricky at first but its been great. I sometimes even make it to the top of the warzone match leaderboard for my team at times. I am decently geared yes but definitely not as geared as other people and yet I can still come out on top getting medals for healing, damage, kills, and objectives to the point that I have even personally won matches for my team, like an instance in Voidstar where after keeping the imps off the second door in the first round as defenders in the attacker round I personally managed to cap the first door, defend it, and then cap the bridge followed by planting bomb on the second door and letting it go off because the imps were so distracted keeping everyone else off the bridge controls and from even entering the room. So the point is even with the new bolster I am doing very great for myself I get killed sometimes sure but I always come out on top somehow even with the unddergeared guys being on the even playing field.

55 PVP as a fresh 55 is always rough.

However a fully geared, augmented 55 commando is no joke in pvp, a lot of burst, a lot of sustained damage, a good array of physics/cc abilities and reasonably tough.

I can expect to get a good fight with a good chance of winning vs any class except some assassins who will rig an area with phase walk to have 2 abilities to reset a fight if it goes against them.

The vast majority of the time you are not soloing or duelling, you are piling in on other fights, doing ranged focus fire on high value/weak targets or dropping AOEs on convenient clusters.

Nothing is guaranteed but I'm happy with my toolkit as a whole in PVP.

The primary reason any class will come across as a monster is the support they have, a commando backed by a healer and/or a tank can be extremely destructive.

They are also reasonably good brute force ball carriers, no speed boosts but a decent package of abilities to keep going under fire/cc/snares.

Edited by Gyronamics