Finding Groups for Flashpoints is Frustrating

Ouch. 4 levels over and youre getting massive XP reductions? Was it still green? This worries me a bit as Im 32 and completely missed all of the FPs from 25 up. was planning on hitting a few tonight as they were still green but now Im having second thoughts.

I havent noticed but are there any powerleveling restrictions in place now? We had an 18 with us on BT once, but I dont remember losing any XP over it so I assume it only effects those over level.

My green missions right now are Cademimu and Mandalorian Raiders (If I'm remembering right). Not even going to waste my time in MR, I know I won't get anything from it, the bosses in Cade might still give me XP but not the normal mobs. It never fails though, whenever I have gone back and done a flashpoint for a second time upon completion I get the "mission complete" popup and the reward is 5XP. It may just be because when I go back I tend to be 2-4 levels higher than when I first ran it. I haven't ran the same flashpoint twice within the same level before, I'll test that tonight, but as I said before why make the missions repeatable if you basically get nothing when you're done? I know you get to redo the bonus quest and you get a couple thousand XP for that if you do it, but that seems to be the only thing that makes doing lower flashpoints remotely worth it besides the possibility of gear. (But 8K for a bonus mission essentially doesn't mean anything either when you're higher level and it takes 300K+ XP to level.)

EDIT: My green dailies from the box on the fleet at 42 were definitely Boarding Party and Foundry, Not Cade and MR. Still only got 5XP for Foundry at the time when it was the higher of the two.

Edited by androidzorz

Apparently because some people don't have your problem, nobody should have a LFD tool. :rolleyes:

They don't really NEED a LFD. What the OP said is what they need: level/global chat. The issue is that only searching for groups on the Fleet will net you a select few people; the rest are out questing...and you can't reach them unless you go to wherever they are and advertise there.

It's not as bad on Empire...but Republic, yea lol good luck finding anything past Esseles. I've seen the same couple people advertising for Hammer/Athiss/Mando/Cad for about a week now. I messaged them the other day and they all said they had either done the respective FP once, or not at all. Seriously, sad.com

I definitely don't wait around when I can't find a group. But It's pretty ridiculous when I get 5XP from doing Black Talon/Esseles for the second time when I'm only level 15 and it's a 10ish flashpoint. (I know I could go do Hammer Station at 15, but that's not the point) Trust me, I'm not talking about being level 50 and wondering why BT gives me no XP. I did Foundry at level 42, I believe it's about a level 38 flashpoint, Why does a measly 4 level gap mean that I get practically nothing from it except XP from killing mobs? I The mobs weren't grey, in which case I would understand, and the bosses were still a pretty decent challenge, it's not like we ran through the place and powered through it in 20 minutes.

I guess it's more of a thing for going back and doing it for the sake of doing it I guess. Helping OTHERS who were in your situation maybe.

As for the 4 or 5 level gap, I don't understand it too much either. They can stand to make the whole "lol no exp" thing for when you're 10 levels above. That would definitely be enough unless for whatever reason there are several flashpoints between 45 and 50; in which case I'd understand due to being able to grind the lower level one easier if you were say, 48 or 49 at the time.

I'd actually like to see if Bioware has/will address that particular thought.

Edited by Smurfsauce

I guess it's more of a thing for going back and doing it for the sake of doing it I guess. Helping OTHERS who were in your situation maybe.

As for the 4 level gap, I don't understand it too much either. They can stand to make the whole "lol no exp" thing for when you're 10 levels above. That would definitely be enough unless for whatever reason there are several flashpoints between 45 and 50; in which case I'd understand due to being able to grind the lower level one easier if you were say, 48 or 49 at the time.

I'd actually like to see if Bioware has/will address that particular thought.

I went back and did Foundry yesterday to help a guildee out and grabbed the quest before i went in, I was kinda stoked to actually get something out of it when I didn't expect to, It's just dissappointing when I get all excited about being able to do the quest again only for it to "reward" me with 5XP. The bottom line is that the 4 level "you get nothing" gap doesn't make much sense, and from that standpoint, yes we're on the same page.

They don't really NEED a LFD. What the OP said is what they need: level/global chat. The issue is that only searching for groups on the Fleet will net you a select few people; the rest are out questing...and you can't reach them unless you go to wherever they are and advertise there.

It's not as bad on Empire...but Republic, yea lol good luck finding anything past Esseles. I've seen the same couple people advertising for Hammer/Athiss/Mando/Cad for about a week now. I messaged them the other day and they all said they had either done the respective FP once, or not at all. Seriously, sad.com

This is what I want. I wouldn't think it would take much coding to add a global LFG channel for respective level blocks.

A WoW type LFD tool would be fine by me too but I would imagine that would take much longer to code.

Join a guild

</thread>

Basically all my friends and guild are quitting after the first 30 days because very standard functionalities like cross server dungeon finder etc aren't in the game. Doesn't really matter that we can have our own 4 man group that has cleared all hard modes or raid that cleared ops, the features are STILL missing and playing in 1999 isn't fun.

/threading your /thread.

Edited by AzKnc

Basically all my friends and guild are quitting after the first 30 days because very standard functionalities like cross server dungeon finder etc aren't in the game. Doesn't really matter that we can have our own 4 man group that has cleared all hard modes or raid that cleared ops, the features are STILL missing and playing in 1999 isn't fun.

/threading your /thread.

A cross server dungeon finder is definitely NOT "standard functionality."

A cross server dungeon finder is definitely NOT "standard functionality."

Exactly.

Although, I think we should take his opinion with a grain of salt; no disrespect to him of course, but he's for both a dungeon tool and cross server. It's not exactly a wonder why he believes it's a standard.

A same server finder would be fine and even that isn't necessary at the moment. Just a channel for LFG that is only accessed when you set yourself as LFG.

You know that person in your life who still listens to casette players because they absolutely refuse to change? Prepare to argue with those people...

Cultural Neanderthals aren't nearly as infuriating as kneejerk fanbois. Once every other bluemoon, you could actually reason with geezers.

Edited by Lowenblade