Zero sense of accomplishment?

Am I the only one around that feels kinda let down after having downed everything on nightmare?

I feel nothing at all, I don't even feel proud and have the need to stroke my e-peen. In the other MMOs I've played over the last 12 years I would be extremely happy and proud if I got a server first but in this game it just feels unimportant and bland. The gear you get eventually when you are in a progression also feels like a let down, it just feels to easy to get good gear.

What's the point? He says he doesn't feel a sense of accomplishment getting a server first here. Isn't that a personal thing? How is someone else supposed to change that?

Create content that takes weeks/months to master (suffering countless wipes), making the content inaccessible to all but the top few % of a server population.

the loot for sure was a let down big let down basicly same loot everything besides new relics this new patch... lets hope in march there is a new raid thats actualy challengings.. first day and nightmare content is released its all cleared.... this game for sure is a care bear game catered to the casuals... by no means is this hard core oriented even in nightmare mode... witch is stupid. but the gear in next patch and raid hardness i hope will be NIGHTMARE not killable for months or so even weeks but not first day. first day and cleared all modes is so stupid... thats how easy all there content is

Create content that takes weeks/months to master (suffering countless wipes), making the content inaccessible to all but the top few % of a server population.

Well..thats not very smart now is it? Why create content that only a small % of the people playing will see. What benefit do they get out of that effort?

$15 from an ultra casual is the same value as $15 from a hardcore elite player.

Well..thats not very smart now is it? Why create content that only a small % of the people playing will see. What benefit do they get out of that effort?

It will be refreshing if BioWare understands this, fixes the things that are legitimately wrong with the game, and doesn't panic when the e-peen crowd traipses onto the next game, leaving the much larger "casual" (read: devoted) fan base behind.

Every other major MMO that I'm aware of has failed at that, although the jury is still out on WoW.

It's the first tier in a brand new game. It's not going to be super challenging. That's just the nature of the beast.

Having said that, I got far more of a thrill out of killing Soa Hard Mode pre-nerf then I did from killing Soa Nightmare after they fixed it. But that's probably due to Soa Nightmare now being easier than pre-nerf Hard.

I still got a kick out of Karagga's Palace on Nightmare, but we did have all the gear required for it since we'd been farming Hard/Nightmare EV for a few weeks.

I'm really looking to the next tier of raiding providing more appropriate challenges. Nightmare KP was a step up from Nightmare EV (even though same tier), so I expect that to continue.

In order to have meaningful, competitive PvE, it needs to take weeks/months to gear up before you can clear the content. The more gear you have, the easier the content is, and the most skilled guilds will clear it with the least amount of gear. Naturally, you're not going to feel a sense of accomplishment clearing something the first time through.

No, i dont agree with you op. Then again we only at 4/5 hard in ev and looking forward to doing soa after the lightning ball nerf, as we wiped a few times and our raid didnt want to keep trying after that..

I for one was very impressed with our effort so far, but reading how easy everything was for you guys I now feel like we are complete noobs. (or not determinated enough, skilled enough or undergeared)

Congratulations to all of you, very well done!

Edited by Gaun

This is why you use different difficulty settings, by doing so you can cater to both sides, it's only Blizzard that uses there high-end difficulty setting as additional "content" to prolong there content patches. I really hope BioWare doesn't take after that horrible practice.

At the end of the day raiding nightmare is purely optional and as such can be ball busting hard and can remain un-nerfed.

Edited by Bozse

To be fair, there should ALWAYS be an 'ultra hardcore' raid that everyone cannot access. It's what keeps people pushing themselves. The lack of it is part of what is killing WoW. Part of MMO's is to look at someone in a city and go 'Damn, I wish I could get what he has.' If everyone looks the same, has the same stuff, and does the same stuff, what purpose is there to playing multiplayer?

True in the sense that if SWTOR only had 1 difficulty.

Nightmare mode should be the content that only very small % of people get to see and then you have the normal mode for the average player and hardmode for people who dont pug and do guild runs. This way, you cater to all 3 player base:

• Pugs
  • Guilds
  • Good Guilds/"Pros"

Server Firsts or simply Vanity items should be acquirable through Hardmode and of course the really good stuff from Nightmare modes. Server Firsts should be announced at least or even reward a title or some specially vanity item.

Edited by Cyphen

This whole competive raiding ******** ruined mmo's a long time ago. WoW now is raid or die. I hope Bioware doesn't make the same mistake with SWTOR. But judging from the last content patch they go exactly that same old route. It's so sad that they had to copy wow instead of some other more innovative mmo's.

This whole competive raiding ******** ruined mmo's a long time ago. WoW now is raid or die. I hope Bioware doesn't make the same mistake with SWTOR. But judging from the last content patch they go exactly that same old route. It's so sad that they had to copy wow instead of some other more innovative mmo's.

Ugh... I believe you don't know what an MMO is....