[Spoilers] Give us "the Mandalorian" Title

Libertine

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have straight up murdered Mandalorians, I told the Mandalore to his face to get bent, can I have a title like "Galactic Bada--"?

I'm glad I didn't join those cry-baby glory hounds; You don't get rich worrying about honor.

That being said I think people who do choose to join them should have gotten a title out of it. They play up the Mandalorian angle a lot at the point in the story and it almost seems like it's expected. Maybe in a future ex-pack.

I just hope they don't force us all to have to live a Mandalorian story line later on, because I want none of it. I like being a freelancer with no boss but myself; Where's the reward for snubbing the Mandalore? Hehehe.

Yeah I like different titles for difference choices so I think that would be great just like the Esseles\Black Talon FPs gave you a different title each of the different choices, or how the Beta had "General" for a dark Jedi and "Master" for a light Jedi.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
/signed

Though if I created a boosted character that auto-completed the class story, I hope they make this title retroactive if they ever do add it to the game.

1. This is an epically necrotic thread.

2. No, they should NOT make it retroactive for insta60s and insta65s. For start-at-1s who've done the story properly and made that decision, yes of course, but not for tokenists. Just like Darth, Master, Major, Barsen'thor and all the rest aren't available for tokenists.

Amazing... Since 2012 and the Thread is still alive. Shows how many people demand that title :D

I hope we get it through the story-line in 6.0 like we got class specific titles at the end of 3.0 (Revan Story).

They will make it cartel market item and we'll see Sorcs with title "the Mandalorian". Its the same as title "Supercommando".

That's why I stopped using it on my bounty hunter. lol On fleet I saw some sith sorcerer in a dancers outfit using it, and the Sign of Mandalore flair. XD

• 11 months later...

I agree that a "Mandalorian" title should definitely be added to the game. In the Sith Warrior story (SPOILER ALERT) you are officially recognized as "The Emperor's Wrath" by the Dark Council, at the end of Chapter 3, which I thought was kewl as Hell! But alas, no title. Come the end of "The Shadow of Revan" expansion and lo-and-behold we got "The Empire's Wrath". Not the exact same but close enough and it made sense considering the story line in the expansions and the Emperor's story itself.

But to not get a "Mandalorian" title after Mandalore himself knights you as his successor (which to me says we become the new Mandalore and BioWare should be grateful we're not asking for THAT as a title lol) doesn't really make much sense. Yes, I know you don't have to accept his offer but I would imagine most players do, or at least the majority. And for those who do choose the other option, have a title for them too if they decide to put the title at that point in the game although I imagine they wouldn't do that and add it into an expansion instead.

Being called a "Mandalorian" by everyone including Darth Marr is really kewl so I don't see why they haven't given us the title. The whole reason I'm here is because I searched the net to find out if I get a "Mandalorian" title during the expansions. I have 3 BH's currently although none that have gotten beyond "The Shadow of Revan" hence my inquiry and coming here although I am working my most recent BH up there right now (lvl 54 currently, just finished "The False Emperor", heading into "Rise of the Hutt Cartel" now).

Consider me /signed and /requesting the "Mandalorian" or "Mandalore" title with all the other people in this thread. As a Founder who's been playing (and subbed) since launch day (and was an avid SWG player before that, pre-combat upgrade though or as I call it "The Biggest Nerf In MMO History" lol), I think it's only fair to give the players and payers what they want. It's not THAT MUCH to ask for after all.

I agree that a "Mandalorian" title should definitely be added to the game. In the Sith Warrior story (SPOILER ALERT) you are officially recognized as "The Emperor's Wrath" by the Dark Council, at the end of Chapter 3, which I thought was kewl as Hell! But alas, no title. Come the end of "The Shadow of Revan" expansion and lo-and-behold we got "The Empire's Wrath". Not the exact same but close enough and it made sense considering the story line in the expansions and the Emperor's story itself.

Sith Warrior *is* the Emperor's Wrath, but doesn't get the title, but he does get "Darth" when he isn't one.

And "Empire's Wrath", despite the superficial similarity to "Emperor's Wrath", is very, very different. Sort of like how Napoleon Bonaparte was Emperor of the French and not Emperor of France. Sounds sort of the same, but if you're promoting yourself to be in charge of the French immediately after they had a revolution where they shortened(1) the King (of France), saying that you are the Emperor (a sort of over-king or "king of kings"') of *France* is a really bad move.

The Emperor's Wrath is the embodiment of the Emperor's power and authority, while being named Empire's Wrath declares you to be the embodiment of the Empire's power (with authority resting with the Dark Council), and specifically denies that the Emperor *has* power and authority.

Being called a "Mandalorian" by everyone including Darth Marr is really kewl

meh (even though I've always taken that option)

I'd also note that being called a "Mandalorian" is a bit depersonalising. I'm not sufficiently interesting to be called something that's *mine*, so they call me by the name of the rather large group I'm a member of.

so I don't see why they haven't given us the title. The whole reason I'm here is because I searched the net to find out if I get a "Mandalorian" title during the expansions. I have 3 BH's currently although none that have gotten beyond "The Shadow of Revan" hence my inquiry and coming here although I am working my most recent BH up there right now (lvl 54 currently, just finished "The False Emperor", heading into "Rise of the Hutt Cartel" now).

Consider me /signed and /requesting the "Mandalorian" or "Mandalore" title with all the other people in this thread.

Not *all* the other people in this thread. My view on it is "meh". I'm not saying, "no, of course it shouldn't be there," mind you. I'm just objecting to being included in the generalised enthusiasm. Note that two of my BHes won't wear any title but "Baroness", while the other (a bloke) doesn't wear a title at all.

(1) Beheaded / guillotined. Ref: The first part of Citizen of the Galaxy by Robert Heinlein.

• 10 months later...

Seems fitting to say a "the Mandalorian" title would be a nice addition with a small story Arc. Considering the success of the show. Plus I created a badmamajamma Jedi Counselor, geared in Mandalorian armor. A Mandalorian Jedi....Jedi=X

X=[Class]. Oh, the possibilities....

And No this Thread is not Dead!!!

Long Live the Mandalorians!

• 2 months later...
To be honest, I don't think we need one. Most mandalorians have some sort of descriptor to them, be it Mandalor the Avenger, the Vindicated, or that one dude on DK in the BH story was named the carver. I do think we need more the titles. Although, there is a lot already in the game like the fearless or heartless.