Blaster Rifles for Bounty Hunters

LordExozone

Life isn't fair, there is no reason why because BH's get something cosmetic (we are not talking about a gameplay advantage here), Smugglers should get the same treatment. By your logic Jedi Guardians should have access to the Darth Vader-like masks and black armour just because Sith Warriors do.

In the movies you see smugglers using Pistols. Thus in TOR they use pistols...In the movies you see Bounty Hunters using Blaster Rifles and Pistols. Thus in TOR they should be able to equip Blaster Rifles and Pistols.

NUFF siad bumpping

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
As I have seen a great many people wanting a carbine/pistol in this thread, I direct the devs to this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-6_heavy_blaster_pistol. T-6 Thunderer. Large extra-heavy blaster, often classified as a carbine. Used by criminals, and the criminal element. This is what I want. A it can be a pistol, but NONE OF THESE: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Model_Q2_hold-out_blaster_pistol. I want a pistol that makes Commandos ashamed because they have such a small assault cannon, if you will not give us true rifles!

I agree wholeheartedly with this. I would like, if nothing else, an answer as to why Powertechs are given a single pistol instead of a blaster rifle. Every time I watch my powertech unload on something I just think "Man, this would look so much cooler if it were a rifle" since it's the mercenaries who use akimbo pistols.

Edit: Upon further reflection the conclusion I reached is that blaster rifles require 2 hands and you can't put a shield generator in your offhand if you use a rifle.

Well, its not like you constantly hold the generator in your hand. So maybe you could strap on the generator or something and still hold a rifle.

I would say make blaster pistols that looks more like a rifle with long barrels and keep the same pose. PTs offhand has a lot of tricks. We have FT, RB, Inc Miss and Fuel from Immolate.
...and we drop out mainhand pistol when we use those abilities, too, have you ever noticed that? It is possible to hold a blaster rifle one-handed for a few seconds, Vanguards do it often when throwing grenades and using Neural Surge.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing a BH and like it, also leveling an operative simultaneously.. I must say it feels strange playing a "007 agent" character and a BH .. the weapon assignments do seem backwards.

Bounty Hunters not getting rifles because Vanguards would look 'too similar' aesthetically is valid I suppose, but so much of the fun in this game is RP.. which means choosing how you look and act. as a Bounty Hunter it feels limiting to say "all bounty hunters use pistols".

When I think of BH, besides the obvious Boba, I think Trandoshan concussion rifles and IT-88s.. I'm not even saying all BH SHOULD have rifles, only that so many of the archetypes do that it feels lacking for the class that is so fun to play

I'd almost go as far as saying I feel the same about most classes, I wish they'd open up secondary weapon types - the world might feel just a little less rigid. It could be a pretty cool unlock.

Playing a BH and like it, also leveling an operative simultaneously.. I must say it feels strange playing a "007 agent" character and a BH .. the weapon assignments do seem backwards.

Bounty Hunters not getting rifles because Vanguards would look 'too similar' aesthetically is valid I suppose, but so much of the fun in this game is RP.. which means choosing how you look and act. as a Bounty Hunter it feels limiting to say "all bounty hunters use pistols".

When I think of BH, besides the obvious Boba, I think Trandoshan concussion rifles and IT-88s.. I'm not even saying all BH SHOULD have rifles, only that so many of the archetypes do that it feels lacking for the class that is so fun to play

I'd almost go as far as saying I feel the same about most classes, I wish they'd open up secondary weapon types - the world might feel just a little less rigid. It could be a pretty cool unlock.

You've put my thoughts into words. A legacy weapon unlock would indeed be an excellent solution.

• 2 months later...
I would say the biggest reason to NOT have rifles for powertech's is that the vanguard uses rifles with aim, that make the classes far too similar. They are already mirror classes we don't need them running around looking nearly the same.

Also lucas secretly wanted a "**** you" to us all for hating on the prequels, so our "iconic!" star wars bounty hunter uses pistols like loljango instead of Boba. Boba is the real star wars bounty hunter. I'll bet Jango didn't really exist. He was probably CGI. He probably also didn't shoot first.

• 2 weeks later...
I think at a lore standpoint, the idea of the powertech is a lot of armor and weapons focusing on that armor, such as the flame abilities and rail shot. I can see why some people want us to have Blaster Rifles, I don't care either way in fact I would like if you could use either, based on preference, and some abilities required different types of weapons. But the thing about the Powertech is with all that armor we need mobility, think about it at a sort of close quarters kinda thing, we gotta be able to whip our gun out fast, get shots in, and use our wrist augments. I do agree though that each wrist power generator/shield generator should have it's own cosmetic model, and each would look different. I wouldnt care either way though just throwing out some evidence for what Powertechs really are

Since they haven't given powertechs rifles yet, or any other class the option of switching between main weapon (for the most part), what's probably going to happen is that they'll offer to open up that slot for CARTEL COINS (not shouting, just making it obvious to the devs who might see it) and if you pay X number of cartel coins you can unlock the ability to use a rifle for a powertech.

As to some of the things people have said, smug should stay pistol b/c that's what Han Solo used. Then again, Han didn't have a shotgun either, so why not a rifle? Meh, makes less sense to me to argue a scoundrel should get a rifle when the character they're based on didn't use one. Opposite's true of the bounty hunter, of course, Boba Fett used a rifle, the class is based on him, they should get a rifle.

And you can already equip a rifle and a shield/generator because the rifle doesn't do that much more damage than a pistol (it might even be the same). Not to mention numerous companions can equip both a pistol or a rifle (like Kaliyo or Corso).

in my opinion, screw the shield generators. Until/Unless a shield generator comes along that has more than the standard shield stats, we're better off handling dual weapons. And just let the shield/power generators be "built" into our armor or something.

Programming is already there for mercenaries and gunslingers to have 2 visible (and ever changing) guns, just needs to be expanded so everyone else has a visible secondary. When an IA/Trooper, or other single wield class enters a cutscene (particularly class quest cutscene) they are automatically given the same pistol they've used since Tython/Hutta, even when you're class quest is currently on Voss/Belsavis/ilum.

Other than potentially screwing over the dual-pistol classes, which could be off-set by making their pistols stay as current, while only everyone else's would only change from "knife" icon to pistol. So mechanics wise nothing would change, graphically we would all get our pistol on hip that changes as we progress.

This would seem to generally meet everyone's desire. Everyone gets at least a graphic sidearm, Bounty Hunters may get blaster rifle sidearms (and be the same as Troopers, or staying Imperial Pierce anyone? Seriously, Pierce is more of a bad*** than any Powertech ESPECIALLY with his stock armor look)

Edited by Somtaaw

Do want. My diddly pistol makes me feel so insignificant. ;'(

Seems only Knights/Warriors and Sage/Sorcerer get any variety in weapons. Even Assassin electrostaves don't work with some of their most important abilities.

I would totally spend cartel coins on blaster rifle unlock for my BH, or even just a weapon shell that is a "pistol" but has rifle graphics and animations.

Same for the reverse for my operative. Been dilly-dallying on making an operative for so long cause I wanted a smug but not a republic toon, heh.

• 2 weeks later...