So.. is this really happening?

skiibyrd

Please tell me which Flashpoint has been released since F2P launched, because i mostly do PVE content but if i am not mistaken the only NEW(its 11 months old) FP we got was Lost Island, no? or i have been blind this last 5 months since F2P and i have been missing these awesomes FPs that have come with F2P launch?

You do understand how they leapfrog the PvE and PvP content through the patching I am sure.

They popped ancient hypergate in 1.6 (which was for the PvPers who made similar lament and claims as you only with regard to being ignored on PvP from before F2P). Then they popped a new and recurring end game PvE Event in 1.7. to give the non flashpoint end game PvE crowd some love. If they follow pattern, the next large patch will include new Flashpoints as well so your love is coming.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't agree that people because they were fickle. I think people left because there was no communication from BW and they WERE NOT fixing anything.

This may be true for you, and for some... but not for eveyone.

No, the reality is that all modern MMOs, and even MMO expansion packs, get spike pop in populations, followed by serious (though almost predicable) significant decline in populations under a subscription model in the 6-9 months after launch. It has been true of every post-WoW release (even true for WoWs expansion releases). The player population has become much more nomadic... consuming and moving on, rather then waiting around for the consumed resources to refresh. Some see it as fickleness in the player base, and maybe it is. I see it as a genuine move by the player base from farmers/harvesters that set roots down in an MMO to nomadic hunter/gatherers who move across the vast planes of MMO marketplace.

Edited by Andryah

Sorry to break it to you... but your particular demographic is a minority in the global MMO gaming population. No MMO can be all things to all people. Sometimes a particular demographic will gravitate to a particular MMO, which is fine.

For this MMO the real draw is not raiding. It never will be. You are deluding yourself if you think it will, or hold out hope that it will. Now, if you love the SW IP and genre as your primary draw, and it's important to you... then you may over-look the fact that the game is not going to give you your leet raid fix. But if leet raid fix trumps all... you are destined to be upset with this game.

Happily, there are MMOs on the market to meet every need. It's why I play three different MMOs in fact. And I have to say, I never get bitter or disappointed about SWTOR precisely because I accept it on it's terms and if something I need is missing, I can get that particular thing in another MMO. There is no law that says we can only play one MMO to get our total needs fulfillment in MMO play. The market itself is a quality of life fulfiller overall for people that like to play MMOs and have particular play needs/wants.

No MMO is all things to all people. The people also bear a responsibility to know what they want/need and obtain it from what is available on the market. That may require playing multiple games (for many it actually does).

I would like to bring you back up to my comment that this game was not initially developed as a casual game, it has become that. The fact is the difficulty is here (ie. NiM mode) there is just no reward to doing it. So where is the motivation supposed to come from?

I would like to bring you back up to my comment that this game was not initially developed as a casual game, it has become that. The fact is the difficulty is here (ie. NiM mode) there is just no reward to doing it. So where is the motivation supposed to come from?

Odd, because when I played it in beta and since launch.. it has always had a dominant casual characteristic about it. There is just enough hardcore content in the game to keep a hardcore PvEer happy for about 60 days. For PvPers it may be better given the human on human factor of PvP.

So... I disagree with your assessment.

Edited by Andryah

You do understand how they leapfrog the PvE and PvP content through the patching I am sure.

They popped ancient hypergate in 1.6 (which was for the PvPers who made similar lament and claims as you only with regard to being ignored on PvP from before F2P). Then they popped a new and recurring end game PvE Event in 1.7. to give the non flashpoint end game PvE crowd some love. If they follow pattern, the next large patch will include new Flashpoints as well so your love is coming.

Again, please tell me WHICH Flashpoints HAVE been released with the F2P, because YOU Stated that some were released to the Pve Whiners, so i ask you again and this time do not elaborate excuses, What Flashpoints(not Operations,Events or Warzones) have been released since F2P came out?

Again, please tell me WHICH Flashpoints HAVE been released with the F2P, because YOU Stated that some were released to the Pve Whiners, so i ask you again and this time do not elaborate excuses, What Flashpoints(not Operations,Events or Warzones) have been released since F2P came out?

Re-read what I wrote. kay thanks.

Just to follow up on this Sohaim, if you want to get clinical about it... and it appears you do. Patch 1.5, concurrent with F2P

•Nightmare Mode is now available for Operation: Explosive Conflict! Bosses in Nightmare Mode present a new level of challenge, new mechanics, and high-quality rewards (such as a new vehicle and Dread Guard set pieces)!

But more importantly... that leap frog rotation I highlighted.... your turn is around the corner.. oh patient one.

Edited by Andryah

If they follow pattern, the next large patch will include new Flashpoints as well so your love is coming.

Just to clarify for you, the new flashpoints are coming in the expansion and they are not NEW, its the same flashpoints that we have been playing since launch with a new difficulty mode. And before you say something about the ops, it is one instance with craft able end game gear and no significant reward or bragging rights for doing anything past Hard Mode.

i suggest you do that, but let me suggest you something else, instead of being a blind white knight to the point of lying about what kind of content was released just to prove your argument, go YOURSELF and read the patch notes and see what was released, dont go as far as pretending to be a smart guy, because you whole argument fell apart when you tried to fix you mistake witht that " leapfrogging content" instead of just admiting that you are mistaken and there was NO Flashpoints releaseds since Lost island, i dont care if you meant Operations or Events, you used Flashpoints as a exemple and there has been none since Lost Island which is 11 months old.

Just to clarify for you, the new flashpoints are coming in the expansion and they are not NEW, its the same flashpoints that we have been playing since launch with a new difficulty mode. And before you say something about the ops, it is one instance with craft able end game gear and no significant reward or bragging rights for doing anything past Hard Mode.

You know.. you can complain endlessly, or you can find something you actually enjoy. The choice is of course yours to make. :)

i suggest you do that, but let me suggest you something else, instead of being a blind white knight to the point of lying

I am quaking in my little shoes at the ferocity of your personal attack. :p

Edited by Andryah

and high-quality rewards (such as a new vehicle and Dread Guard set pieces)!

You do realize that the Dread Guard mods are craft able, anyone can buy them, and the mount is not guaranteed. There is nothing that a team can show off unless you pointless grind for a mount that doesn't even give you any extra speed lol.

Just to follow up on this Sohaim, if you want to get clinical about it... and it appears you do. Patch 1.5, concurrent with F2P

But more importantly... that leap frog rotation I highlighted.... your turn is around the corner.. oh patient one.

first off, i am not offending anyone, so i dont like being offended as well, thats a new dificulty mode for a OPERATION(Operations is not = to Flashpoint), JUST ADMIT IT THAT YOU WERE WRONG FOR GOD SAKE, is that SO HARD TO DO? THERE HAS BEEN NO NEW FLASHPOINTS SINCE LOST ISLAND.

Edited by Sohaim

I am quaking in my little shoes at the ferocity of your personal attack. :p

i did not attack anyone, you did by calling me cynical while i was only asking for a question which you still did not answered, i simple observed how you blindly defend your flawed arguement, which you could easily solve by simply saying "i meant Operations and Events and not Flashpoints".

Edited by Sohaim

You know.. you can complain endlessly, or you can find something you actually enjoy. The choice is of course yours to make.

We are having a healthy debate about the Quality of Life in this game and its future. I thought that was what the forums were for. You have basically told me to move on to another game, are you encouraging people to un-sub instead of actually caring about where the game goes and what its future looks like?

I want this game to be successful. I want to be able to keep playing and get my social MMO fix here at SWTOR. That is why I am speaking my mind.

/The End

/Agree.

One would think that the /whiners would go back and read all the patch notes since F2P launched... you know to refresh their memories and see content releases (such as Flashpoints) that only subs have free and unlimited access to.

They could also go read the PTS patch notes and see new content coming that once again will be free and unlimited access to subscribers.

But I guess it's easier to just create one whiny thread after another and fixate on just the Cartel Market updates that come with patches and ignore everything else. :rolleyes:

Thats not true a lot on the PTS is only available if you buy the expansion. If you are a Sub but dont buy the expansion you cant get to lvl55/use the new gear/go to elder content

We are having a healthy debate about the Quality of Life in this game and its future. I thought that was what the forums were for. You have basically told me to move on to another game, are you encouraging people to un-sub instead of actually caring about where the game goes and what its future looks like?

I want this game to be successful. I want to be able to keep playing and get my social MMO fix here at SWTOR. That is why I am speaking my mind.

/The End

dont waste anymore time with that person, he went as far making up stuff just to prove his point, and when asked about it, all he did was dodge the question.

Edited by Sohaim

You have basically told me to move on to another game, are you encouraging people to un-sub instead of actually caring about where the game goes and what its future looks like?

Not at all. I am however encouraging people to find what makes them happy and enjoy it. You sir do not seem to be happy, not happy at all. Now, maybe you adjust your personal outlook and stick with the game, or maybe you find something else that brings you enjoyment. That is not for me to decide. But I do encourage everyone to find their happy place. ;)

dont waste anymore time with that person, he went as far making up stuff just to prove his point, and when asked about it, all he did was dodge the question and call me cynical.

I'm STILL quaking. :D

Does it make you feel good (perhaps even powerful) to tell others to disregard my comments, just because you do not like them or accept them? Why not just decide for yourself, and let others decide for themselves. You can put me on /ignore in the forums you know.

Edited by Andryah

If everything is going to cost cartel coins, then subscribers need to get more than 500 CC's each month. maybe increase it by 100 for each consecutive month subscribed.

new subscribers 500 CC's/month

2 consecutive months 600 CC's

3 consecutive months 700 CC's

...etc

no limit as long as you continue to subscribe

She's an insider for EAWare. Many sources have claimed that. She is wrong. She just doesn't want to say it because she's always trying to find some way to defend poor EAWare from the "haters". :cool:

dude, even so, does it hurt to post here saying she/he is was wrong and that he meant something else? because what she/he did was pretty ridiculous, and now saying that i was attacking he/she? i just loled at that, let that person go and play his numerous Flashpoints that have been added to the game since F2P.

Understood, but should subs have to pay or features? We get the rest for free... And races? And come on, all gear and color crystals released since the cartel market ha been on cartel market? What's next? WZ and ops gear? Schematics for crafting? Mods, enhancements, armoring and hilts? They have already damaged synth weavers and (especially) artificers that sub by just straight up offering them on cartel market without schematics for gear and cool color crystals for crafting.

Its currently the most successful model going right now. Whether subs should or should not is irrelevant - the model being used is the industry norm now, and its what is going to continue into the future most likely.

I did. :D

Notice how he is not even taking time to read what I write before pouncing on my like a cat on a hamster. :p

oh yeah about that sorry, i am kind blind, my googles are above 6.0 so sometimes i have to get real close to the monitor, my bad, but youre still wrong and have not corrected yourself.