Ranked Warzones, when would be the ideal time to run Ranked?

JohnElias

Cookies & Wookies (with a few crimson elite pugs) wen't 6 W, 2 L last night.

I'd like to thank JJ, Warcloud, and some other guild for the good games.

I'd like to thank TRG for that close game albiet a loss, and uncanny for being an annoying sob.

I'd like to thank Immortal for knowing how to play ancient hypergates way better than us.

You no thank Black Sun???

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cookies & Wookies (with a few crimson elite pugs) wen't 6 W, 2 L last night.

I'd like to thank JJ, Warcloud, and some other guild for the good games.

I'd like to thank TRG for that close game albiet a loss, and uncanny for being an annoying sob.

I'd like to thank Immortal for knowing how to play ancient hypergates way better than us.

Aye thanks for the good games, we got our asses kicked, we need to play against good teams more to improve ourselves, do you have any feedback or anything you noticed our team doing wrong during games? seemingly our healers were being destroyed in seconds, not being able to get any heals of where as when we focused your healers they didnt seem to take much damage at all.

Any feedback would be much appreciated and help us grow as a team so we can have more competitive and intense games :)

thanks

With the evnt having kept us busy, and it now leaving, I just wanted to say that Black Sun will now be doing Ranked on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday as opposed to the weekends... with that said, I hope all of you can bring a team out on the field! No matter the comp, my guild will try hosting 2 teams, a 3rd even if we have enough players willing to come. In addition to other Imperial guilds and Republic guilds, Wednesdays should be a Ranked hotspot.

The server is not dead, but so far the only teams I have seen personally in Ranked are the following. Warcloud (2 games), Crimson Elite (2 games), Dark Legion's Empire (3+ games), Coordinating Confusion (5+ games), Credit Shot (Many games) and Immortals (Many games).

I'd love to see many guilds run ranked more often, even if certain guilds feel they wont be good enough, the more people we get running ranked, the better chance we have of reviving our server. And you get ranked comms, come on! So let's make it a collective effort to log on every wednesday and bash it out together. Again, I repeat myself:

We run Ranked on Wed, Thur, and Fri @ 7:30PM EST

P.S: Doesn't have to only be Wednesday, could be other days but seems everyone has agreed that Wednesday is a good night for everyone.

sorry for the double post but Jen'jidai runs on mondays and wednesdays, unfortunatly I don't think we have ever encountered your groups, we always seem to get games against Sithikers, Warcloud, Crimson Elite, Immortals or random pugs

Aye thanks for the good games, we got our asses kicked, we need to play against good teams more to improve ourselves, do you have any feedback or anything you noticed our team doing wrong during games? seemingly our healers were being destroyed in seconds, not being able to get any heals of where as when we focused your healers they didnt seem to take much damage at all.

Any feedback would be much appreciated and help us grow as a team so we can have more competitive and intense games :)

thanks

Hey Guys,

I'd like to start out asking for criticism is a big step in getting better and I give you cred for doing it openly.

Here are things I always push our teams to do:

1. Have a main assist. Probably a sent/mara or gs/sniper. When they pick a target all your dps should switch to that target, which would likely be one of your healers. Then we have a tank or a free dps on the other healer to keep him from concentrating on the person being focused.

2. We usually only run with one tank if any. That tank should be more geared towards dps. That tank should bounce his guard. If your leaving your guard on one person alone your doing it wrong. I personally on my shadow put it on whoever is lowest health at the moment, or if its close priority goes to a healer. If your class has a taunt always use it on cooldown. This is forgotten too much.

3. Sadly the devs have made it so scoundrels are basically useless unless they are a healer. If you have one not as a healer, make them the off-point guard/ninja capper. Sadly, a shadow usually does it better. As much as I hate to say it some people have to be left behind for a good team. Stack powertechs. I don't think more than 1 tank is useful, and it should be a tank shadow.

4. Really just takes playing together and getting the team feng shui down. Can't get disheartened after one bad night. The reason a lot of teams like Immortal and Credit are good is all they do is pvp and know each other well. Crimson is just getting back into pvp after a carebear hiatus and we too need to get our feng shui back. The time spent pvping together really helps eliminate that disorganization feel.

5. Sometimes you need to think out of the box and take risks. Only have one point in denova? Well you need to assume the enemy thinks you have one guy guarding it. Have that guy leave that point and take east instead then re-adjust. If your in a losing stalemate think out of the box.

6. Need somebody to call the shots. Otherwise you will end up having individuals doing different things and not one coordinated warfront and it just makes a mess. A group with a leader will be much more organized.

Anyways thats just my drivel. Take them for what they are: opinion.

@ Black sun: sorry guys! Missed you I guess.

Edited by Dancally

I would agree with @Dancally on some things and disagree on some others.

Strong composition would be bubble stun Sorc and op heals (I've only seen 2 or 3 mercs/commando that can equal an op), Jugg and Sin tank, and PT, Mara, Jugg and Sniper dps. Usually 2 Pyro PTs, Rage/Carnage (depending on map, huttball and first life of civil definitely carnage for the predation) Mara, and a Sniper or Rage Jugg. Simple and effective. Of course things will change when 2.0 hits :/

I think that having two tanks is useful, with the Jugg at the main fight and your Sin on the off node. In my experience Jugg tanks last longer, but do less damage. Jugg tanks are needed for huttball (best ball carriers). Otherwise Jugg Tank in mostly dps gear for other maps (most Jugg tanks I've seen have both sets of gear and only use full tank for huttball).

Having ONE person who calls targets (with everyone else setting them as focus) is needed. With a push of a button your dps can hard switch to a new enemy. This puts a lot of pressure on the opposing tank/healers. I like to call on my Mara, or have a PT doing it. You can also have 3 people (eg all ranged) focus and then have your Marauder focus on healers/tanks.

No real place for dps Operatives.

If you have a taunt USE IT! Tank at mid needs to guard switch and focus on guarding, not dpsing.

Playing with the same people in Regs and Rateds is good. Even in regs do the same thing you would in a Rated. Team cohesion is important and so is keeping a cool head. Losing isn't the end of the world, don't go ballistic and start yelling at people.

If I can get some old guildies to come back to Jung Ma (doubtful, mostly quit or on other servers), I'll try to put a team together in a couple weeks. But I'm sure our gear will all be poorly optimized.

Best of luck and have fun!

Sadly the devs have made it so scoundrels are basically useless unless they are a healer. If you have one not as a healer, make them the off-point guard/ninja capper. Sadly, a shadow usually does it better. As much as I hate to say it some people have to be left behind for a good team.

It's not the size of the saber that counts... It's how ya control your surroundings and scream bloody murder for one or more of your team members to get their butts moving to the point hurry he's gonna cap I can only hold them off for so long crap I'm double-CC'd get moving ahhhhhhh!!! ...Okay, we're fine now. Get back to the other point.